Unable to use anything on my xbox one, besides games in disc form.

Discus and support Unable to use anything on my xbox one, besides games in disc form. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This problem occurred roughly 3 days ago. I unsnapped an app, twitch I believe, and the system went wonky. Now, every time I select things (i.e. games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Powerslides, May 17, 2015.

1. Powerslides
    Powerslides Guest

This problem occurred roughly 3 days ago. I unsnapped an app, twitch I believe, and the system went wonky. Now, every time I select things (i.e. games and apps, store, friends, any box that isn't reserved for the disc in the xbox) an error code pops up that
    reads "You need to install the game or app for this. Make sure you're signed in to Xbox Live and look for it in the Xbox Store. (0x80270254)" I'm positive I'm connected as everything that is currently on the store and offered by xbox live pops up although
    I get the error if I select it, and also positive it isn't my internet as I'm clearly posting this with ease. I've tried hard reseting the console numerous times and that hasn't done a thing for me. If I can get some real answers on what is wrong here and
    what to do to fix this problem that'd be great. I don't like the fact that I dropped $400 on your console that fails to work.

:)

Powerslides, May 17, 2015
  2. Wolfy6D
    Wolfy6D Guest
    Unable to purchase Xbox Avatar or 360 games

Every time i try to purchase an avatar item or an xbox 360 backwards compatable title form my PC or Xbox One it says:

Your account is unable to make this kind of purchase on xbox.com. Please make this purchase on your Xbox.

I am on an adult account with microsoft credit form xbox gift cards and a birthdate of 1990 but it wont let me purchase anything but xbox one games.

Please Help.

Wolfy6D, May 17, 2015
  3. Black Ops 1 issues

I keep getting the error "This game is not playable here" when attempting to insert my Black Ops 1 disc. It works fine on my Xbox 360, but only appears as a blue icon with "install disc" beside it on my Xbox One. Help?

epicgamer2555, May 17, 2015
  4. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

Hi Powerslides,

Sorry you're having problems with your Xbox. Usually the solution for this is the hard reset that you described doing. If it's still not working try unplugging it, leaving it off for a few minutes and the plugging it back in. If you're still having problems
    try uninstalling and re-installing the games/apps you're having problems with. I've put a link to this below. If you're still having problems, then I would suggest resetting the console to factory settings. You're game saves and purchases are all saved in
    the cloud so loss should be minimal as long as the Xbox as been connected to the internet.

Uninstall Content

Reset Xbox to Factory

Hordie, May 17, 2015
  5. Powerslides
    Powerslides Guest
    The only problem with that is I can't use the my games and apps feature. I get the error code. The only other option I know of is the factory reset which wastes A LOT of time.

6. Powerslides
    Powerslides Guest
    Factory reset solved the problem, I am upset I needed to do that however. It wastes a lot of time as I now have to reinstall every game I've ever played. I'm also disappointed that I don't know what for sure cause this problem. Hopefully someone over at
    microsoft looks into this problem so nobody else has to deal with this.

7. AlanTC
    AlanTC Guest
    I got the same problem but thanks to u i now how to fixed.

AlanTC, Jun 10, 2015
  8. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

Hi AlanTC,

Sorry you're having a problem with your Xbox.. Please try the steps I listed above to solve your issue. If that doesn't work please list the exact issue and troubleshooting steps on a new thread so the community can better assist you.

Hordie, Jun 10, 2015
  9. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    And lol sorry, I totally missed part of your post (late at night) glad it's fixed for you too Unable to use anything on my xbox one, besides games in disc form. :)

Hordie, Jun 11, 2015
  10. I have the same issue as described in the first post i get this error whenever i try to simply snap an app

0x80270254 along with this game or app is not installed i even replaced my xbox one recently and it is still doing that i don't want to factory reset it when it was a brand new xbox.... installed a game on it took 6 hours. No amount of resetting solved that
    issue i think it might be a corrupt data associated with the account if not the xbox it doesn't make any sense to me..

ii stayz blazed, Jul 8, 2015
  11. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    Hi ii stayz blazed,

Sorry you're having issues with your Xbox. As this thread is a bit old and the OP has their answer, I would suggest creating a new thread so you can get a support experience tailored to your exact issue.

Hordie, Oct 31, 2018
  12. Powerslides Win User

The only problem with that is I can't use the my games and apps feature. I get the error code. The only other option I know of is the factory reset which wastes A LOT of time.
  13. Hordie Win User

Hi AlanTC,

Sorry you're having a problem with your Xbox.. Please try the steps I listed above to solve your issue. If that doesn't work please list the exact issue and troubleshooting steps on a new thread so the community can better assist you.
  14. Hordie Win User

And lol sorry, I totally missed part of your post (late at night) glad it's fixed for you too :)
  15. Powerslides Win User

Factory reset solved the problem, I am upset I needed to do that however. It wastes a lot of time as I now have to reinstall every game I've ever played. I'm also disappointed that I don't know what for sure cause this problem. Hopefully someone over at
    microsoft looks into this problem so nobody else has to deal with this.
  16. Hordie Win User

Hi Powerslides,

Sorry you're having problems with your Xbox. Usually the solution for this is the hard reset that you described doing. If it's still not working try unplugging it, leaving it off for a few minutes and the plugging it back in. If you're still having problems
    try uninstalling and re-installing the games/apps you're having problems with. I've put a link to this below. If you're still having problems, then I would suggest resetting the console to factory settings. You're game saves and purchases are all saved in
    the cloud so loss should be minimal as long as the Xbox as been connected to the internet.

Uninstall Content

Reset Xbox to Factory
Thema:

1. Unable to use anything on my xbox one, besides games in disc form. - Similar Threads - Unable anything besides

2. Unable to buy anything with my Microsoft account Balance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to buy anything with my Microsoft account Balance: i have like 1000$ balance on microsoft account and i am unable to purchase with that balance. i even raised a support ticket like 1 month back and i haven't heard back anything...
  3. Unable to purchase anything from the Xbox Live Store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to purchase anything from the Xbox Live Store: Hello, Whenever I attempt to purchase anything i get an error message stating: "Something Happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help". It has been like that fro multiple hours and I have...
  4. Me and many others are unable to install anything.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Me and many others are unable to install anything.: I know many of you are already aware of this, and that some people are able to install, but there are still a large amount of people who can’t. This has been happening to me since late yesterday,...
  5. Unable to purchase anything.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Unable to purchase anything.: Hello, Only just got an Xbox One last week, tried setting up a subscription to Xbox live for the year and it wouldn't let me process the payment, I'm not short whatsoever in my bank account so...
  6. Unable to Buy Anything from Digital Store due to Billing Information

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to Buy Anything from Digital Store due to Billing Information: Today, I just redeemed 2 Xbox One 10-Euro codes. I went to the store to buy a game, but it would not let me continue without filling in my billing information. The problem is I live in Egypt, and...
  7. unable to purchase xbox live or anything on xbox store.

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to purchase xbox live or anything on xbox store.: I have been in contact with xbox support for a few months now and they have been un able to resolve the issue with my xbox live account not being able to purchase xbox live or anything on the xbox...
  8. I recieved a second suspension for when i was unable to do anything wrong?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recieved a second suspension for when i was unable to do anything wrong?: I have recently received a communication suspension, and I was fine with that. Yesterday, I had received an harassment suspension, when the communication suspension is still active. I really don't...
  9. Unable to install anything on new console: installation stopped 0x80070011

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install anything on new console: installation stopped 0x80070011: What does this error code mean? I tried to remove games from queue, reboot console, restart installation - installation stopped with error code 0x80070011 always. I'm unable to find description of...
  10. Xbox Store: Unable to purchase anything anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Store: Unable to purchase anything anymore.: For some reason i cannot purchase anything on the store anymore. I click to buy and it requests i put in my dpad password. Once i enter it the screen goes black and after a minute or so it gives...