Unable to use EA Desktop for EA Play sub with Ultimate

Discus and support Unable to use EA Desktop for EA Play sub with Ultimate in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I currently have Game Pass Ultimate but through my connected account, EA Desktop app says my EA Play sub has ended, not sure what exactly the issue is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MaRThewuerra3, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Unable to use EA Desktop for EA Play sub with Ultimate

I currently have Game Pass Ultimate but through my connected account, EA Desktop app says my EA Play sub has ended, not sure what exactly the issue is or how to resolve but any assistance is very much appreciated, please help! THANKS!

:)

MaRThewuerra3, Jul 31, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

If your Xbox profile is connected to your EA account please try to clear the cache of your EA Desktop App and then restart your PC before checking again if your subscription is now active.

To clear the cache please follow the steps below:

Help > App Recovery > Clear Cache.

[​IMG]
  3. X Farscape X Win User

I did not recieve EA Play

if you use pc only then you don't need ultimate you just need gamepass pc, you need to make sure you xbox account in linked with EA and then download the EA Play desktop beta app.
  4. grooner Win User

EA account wont link to Xbox account

If you had a previous account linking and it doesnt say "EA play with game pass" under settings-> my account -> my membership in EA Desktop app then I suggest

- Clicking Manage from the settings in EA Desktop app to go to the EA customer portal website and under Connections disconnect the xbox account

- Then log out of EA Desktop and exit both apps

- Then install a EA game from xbox app

It will log you into EA Desktop and link accounts giving "EA play with game pass" membership and start downloading from EA Desktop app

Note it says you can only ever link one xbox account to your EA account
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

The absolute [mod removed] that is microsoft and there update system. XBOX APP PC NEEDS TO BE REDONE

the xbox app is just a frontend, everything is handles via the windows store. ea games are only handled via the ea desktop app, if that is not running then ea ames will not update as all the xbox app does is tell ea you have a sub thats it.

the xbox app is trash but as always microsoft puts layer upon layer and it never works.
  6. PeacefulJarl379 Win User

FIFA 14 ultimate team

Hey,Hey,Hey! Ultimate Team runs on a sub-server of EA which has LOTS of problems. Contact EA they will fix the problem and maybe they give you free packs.
Thema:

1. Unable to use EA Desktop for EA Play sub with Ultimate - Similar Threads - Unable Desktop Play

2. Unable to play multiplayer Halo Infinite Second Flight Test

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to play multiplayer Halo Infinite Second Flight Test: Hello. I am having an issue where I am able to play against bots but unable to queue up to play for multiplayer, I have restarted my pc and redownloaded the game also so I am confused as to what...
  3. I’m unable to play a games DLCs and online content.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m unable to play a games DLCs and online content.: So I brought the game TABS on my xbox, and I’m trying to play it on my laptop because TABS is a play anywhere game, but when I play it, it will give me a prompt saying that no profile has been...
  4. Age of Empires 2: DE unable to run

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2: DE unable to run: Hi, I've purchased AoE2:DE through Microsoft website about a month ago, and at first everything goes on smoothly. Then I don't play for some time, and when I tried to launch the game yesterday...
  5. Forza motorsport 7, unable to play multiplayer.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza motorsport 7, unable to play multiplayer.: I am unable to play forza motorsport 7 in the multiplayer or leagues. I works to log in to multiplayer but when i try to chose a hopper i says " Failed to acquire server data". Multiplayer works...
  6. Unable to 'install' Window 10 Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to 'install' Window 10 Minecraft: I've bought Window 10 Minecraft but unable to get it install. it keep getting error "It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on...
  7. Black Screen Unable to Sign in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black Screen Unable to Sign in: I have been having this problem where every time i open up the xbox app on PC i get this black screen and unable to log in when I try. I keep getting the 0x80190001 as an error code but I am...
  8. Unable to launch EA Desktop through the Xbox app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to launch EA Desktop through the Xbox app?: I just purchased Xbox Game Pass again for some of the EA catalogue, however, I am unable to link/open EA Desktop through the Xbox app. All it does when I try install/open an EA title in the Xbox...
  9. Unable to use EA Play with Xbox Game Pass if I already installed EA Desktop

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to use EA Play with Xbox Game Pass if I already installed EA Desktop: Disclaimer: I already posted this on r/xboxone. Since this subreddit cannot use Crosspost, I decided to repost it again on this sub. Original Content I faced issue about redeeming EA Play with...
  10. Unable to play downloaded game with new desktop

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to play downloaded game with new desktop: I apparently got the new update preview program. The update started this morning when I got on, was able to play my game (Destiny) which I had previously downloaded from the store some months ago....