Unable to use "sign in" and "settings" features of xbox one

Discus and support Unable to use "sign in" and "settings" features of xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all, So with the new update having come out today I went to turn on my One and get some gaming in with my friends on titanfall. I turn on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SW Templar, Jun 4, 2014.

1. SW Templar
    SW Templar Guest

Hey all,

So with the new update having come out today I went to turn on my One and get some gaming in with my friends on titanfall. I turn on my console and don't get an update "that's weird" I thought, but I didn't feel it was necessarily a problem. I go to the
    top with my controller from the dashboard to sign in, it fades to gray and gives me the "sign in with a guest profile," "I'm not here," and whatever the other option is for about a second and then it cuts back to the dashboard. I tried signing in with connect
    and while it is plugged in, it doesn't hear me or recognize me. My next thought is that my setting have changed and it isn't hearing me because of that. I went to my setting and I get the nine tiles for, again, about two seconds and then it cuts back to the
    dashboard. I don't know how to fix the problem as I've power cycled the box two or three times now and that hasn't changed anything. Any ideas what could be causing this problem?

:)

SW Templar, Jun 4, 2014
  2. TW1ST3D N00B
    TW1ST3D N00B Guest
    Having trouble playing with guests at your house? Unplug the Kinect!

[quote user="NSquared3131"]

Exactly. There needs to be a feature to automatically sign you in AND turn off kinect sign-in

[/quote]

I have 3 accounts on my xbox 1. I'm the main user so with the other accounts just go into settings on their accounts and turn off Kinect sign in. Haven't tested it yet but I'm sure it will work. So you can turn Kinect sign in off, it's in sign in preferences
    in settings...

TW1ST3D N00B, Jun 4, 2014
  3. Sriom
    Sriom Guest
    Locked out of XBox Live account and stuck in a loop

1. He goes to account.live.com and signs in, but is told he needs a parent to sign in and give permission.
    2. He click's the 'Have a parent sign in' button and we're returned to the sign in page.
    3. I sign in with my Windows ID and click 'Yes' to authorise his use of a Microsoft account
    4. We see the following message: We were unable to sign you in. Your account is missing a full name or birthdate. Visit account.live.com to update the required information, and try again.
    5. We return to step 1 and are now stuck in a loop.

Sriom, Jun 4, 2014
  4. Unable to use "sign in" and "settings" features of xbox one

Have you tried hard resetting? I've had issues where no sound would play, I couldn't access apps or Ganges and couldn't sign in. Hard resetting fixed them. To hard reset, turn on the console, put your finger over the power button until it turns all the way
    off, repeat to turn it back on. If done correctly, you should see the green Xbox screen.

Andy Mulligan, Jun 10, 2014
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

auto sign into gold profile

There should be a setting to auto-sign-in.

To turn the auto sign-in feature on or off, follow these steps:

1. Sign in to Xbox LIVE.
    2. Press the Guide button.
    3. Move to the Settings blade, and then select Profile.
    4. Select Auto Sign-in, and then make any changes that you want.
    The auto sign-in setting is saved on your Xbox 360 Console but not in the profile on the Xbox LIVE servers. If you turn on the auto sign-in feature on your console, the setting is saved on your console, but you are not signed in automatically if you
    use your profile on a different console.

Only one profile can have the auto sign-in feature turned on in one Xbox 360 console. If you have multiple profiles on one console, the auto sign-in feature for the first profile is automatically turned off when you turn on the auto sign-in feature for
    a second profile.
  6. Andy Mulligan Win User

Have you tried hard resetting? I've had issues where no sound would play, I couldn't access apps or Ganges and couldn't sign in. Hard resetting fixed them. To hard reset, turn on the console, put your finger over the power button until it turns all the way
    off, repeat to turn it back on. If done correctly, you should see the green Xbox screen.
  7. ZedzUndead Win User

i wonder if twitch is causing the sign in error

I agree as well. I was able to sign into xbox one this morning, then I thought I'd try the twitch broadcast feature. Moment I activated my twitch profile to xbox I was unable to sign back into my xbox one profile.
  8. GIVEMEMYACCOUNT Win User

Live

In order to proceed with connecting to Xbox LIVE and using Xbox LIVE services your console must be updated otherwise, you will be signed out and unable to access Xbox LIVE features. When you sign in you should be prompted to update, you will need to accept
    the update if you wish to continue using Xbox LIVE services.
  9. Fyer Win User

XBox Live - Family Members

To turn the auto sign-in feature on or off, follow these steps:

1. Sign in to Xbox LIVE.
    2. Press the Guide button. The big round one in the middle with the Xbox logo on it
    3. Move to the Settings blade, and then select Profile.
    4. Select Auto Sign-in, and then make any changes that you want.
    The auto sign-in setting is saved on your Xbox 360 Console but not in the profile on the Xbox LIVE servers. If you turn on the auto sign-in feature on your console, the setting is saved on your console, but you are not signed in automatically if you use
    your profile on a different console.Only one profile can have the auto sign-in feature turned on in one Xbox 360 console.

Now to have more than one "profile/avatar" signed in you need more then one controller. Have them press the Xbox guide button then the blue button to sign into their profile. 1 controller to each profile/avatar you want to use.

Check out my sticky post,
    A Parents Guide to Xbox Online Gaming.
    Go ahead and send me a message or friends request if you have any other questions.
Thema:

1. Unable to use "sign in" and "settings" features of xbox one - Similar Threads - Unable sign settings

2. Xbox Console companion Error (0x409) 0x80073DB8 "we are unable to sign you in at the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Console companion Error (0x409) 0x80073DB8 "we are unable to sign you in at the...: Hello, I have tried all the fixes that I found online that is similar to my issue. I've restarted all the required Xbox services through services, local group editor etc.. I've reinstalled all...
  3. Unable to sign into Xbox360 - error code 8007274C

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign into Xbox360 - error code 8007274C: Hi! error message displayed simply says go to https://account.live.com to fix the problem, but that page just brings me to the account overview. My password is correct however the circle...
  4. unable to sign into Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unable to sign into Microsoft Store: I have tried to open Microsoft Store, but does not respond 1670b261-0f09-4052-8408-26f67d5fcbc6
  5. Unable to sign up for Xbox game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign up for Xbox game pass: Hi I have been trying to sign up for a games pass on my windows PC but have been having issues. Firatly signing up in a browser does not work. When I select any pof the subscription plans it...
  6. Unable to sign in to Xbox Live in Oman

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign in to Xbox Live in Oman: Hi all A quick question. I live in Oman and have been able to log into Xbox live on an Oreedoo router (local company). However, I recently changed to a new ISP and can no longer log into Xbox...
  7. Unable to sign in to the Xbox Beta or Console companion apps. Errors while downloading from...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign in to the Xbox Beta or Console companion apps. Errors while downloading from...: The error code i receive is "0x80048888". But when I click it to get a solution, the site says that the code doesn't exist. As stated in the subject line, I'm unable to sign in to those apps, but...
  8. Unable to sign in Xbox Android

in XBoX on Mobile
    Unable to sign in Xbox Android: I can't sign in Minecraft Android with my Xbox account. I installed Xbox app on my device, but when I tried to sign in, it looks like this: [img] I am able to use Xbox app on Windows 10 in the...
  9. Xbox Beta: We are unable to sign you into Xbox live, a specified logon session does not exist

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta: We are unable to sign you into Xbox live, a specified logon session does not exist: https://i.imgur.com/MqZDNW7.png https://i.imgur.com/ipjz6uR.png https://i.imgur.com/FO294sD.png Xbox accessories app See screenshots for the error messages Currently unable to logon to Xbox...
  10. Unable to sign into my Account on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to sign into my Account on Xbox one: I am trying to sign into my account and it keeps timing out and I can't sign into my account, this is the 3rd day. 02d2f0cf-4155-4c13-a509-14b3e0e407ab