Unable to use "sign in" and "settings" features of xbox one

Discus and support Unable to use "sign in" and "settings" features of xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all, So with the new update having come out today I went to turn on my One and get some gaming in with my friends on titanfall. I turn on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SW Templar, Jun 4, 2014.

1. SW Templar
    SW Templar Guest

Hey all,

So with the new update having come out today I went to turn on my One and get some gaming in with my friends on titanfall. I turn on my console and don't get an update "that's weird" I thought, but I didn't feel it was necessarily a problem. I go to the
    top with my controller from the dashboard to sign in, it fades to gray and gives me the "sign in with a guest profile," "I'm not here," and whatever the other option is for about a second and then it cuts back to the dashboard. I tried signing in with connect
    and while it is plugged in, it doesn't hear me or recognize me. My next thought is that my setting have changed and it isn't hearing me because of that. I went to my setting and I get the nine tiles for, again, about two seconds and then it cuts back to the
    dashboard. I don't know how to fix the problem as I've power cycled the box two or three times now and that hasn't changed anything. Any ideas what could be causing this problem?

:)

SW Templar, Jun 4, 2014
  2. TW1ST3D N00B
    TW1ST3D N00B Guest
    Having trouble playing with guests at your house? Unplug the Kinect!

[quote user="NSquared3131"]

Exactly. There needs to be a feature to automatically sign you in AND turn off kinect sign-in

[/quote]

I have 3 accounts on my xbox 1. I'm the main user so with the other accounts just go into settings on their accounts and turn off Kinect sign in. Haven't tested it yet but I'm sure it will work. So you can turn Kinect sign in off, it's in sign in preferences
    in settings...

TW1ST3D N00B, Jun 4, 2014
  3. Sriom
    Sriom Guest
    Locked out of XBox Live account and stuck in a loop

1. He goes to account.live.com and signs in, but is told he needs a parent to sign in and give permission.
    2. He click's the 'Have a parent sign in' button and we're returned to the sign in page.
    3. I sign in with my Windows ID and click 'Yes' to authorise his use of a Microsoft account
    4. We see the following message: We were unable to sign you in. Your account is missing a full name or birthdate. Visit account.live.com to update the required information, and try again.
    5. We return to step 1 and are now stuck in a loop.

Sriom, Jun 4, 2014
  4. Unable to use "sign in" and "settings" features of xbox one

Have you tried hard resetting? I've had issues where no sound would play, I couldn't access apps or Ganges and couldn't sign in. Hard resetting fixed them. To hard reset, turn on the console, put your finger over the power button until it turns all the way
    off, repeat to turn it back on. If done correctly, you should see the green Xbox screen.

Andy Mulligan, Jun 10, 2014
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

auto sign into gold profile

There should be a setting to auto-sign-in.

To turn the auto sign-in feature on or off, follow these steps:

1. Sign in to Xbox LIVE.
    2. Press the Guide button.
    3. Move to the Settings blade, and then select Profile.
    4. Select Auto Sign-in, and then make any changes that you want.
    The auto sign-in setting is saved on your Xbox 360 Console but not in the profile on the Xbox LIVE servers. If you turn on the auto sign-in feature on your console, the setting is saved on your console, but you are not signed in automatically if you
    use your profile on a different console.

Only one profile can have the auto sign-in feature turned on in one Xbox 360 console. If you have multiple profiles on one console, the auto sign-in feature for the first profile is automatically turned off when you turn on the auto sign-in feature for
    a second profile.
  6. Andy Mulligan Win User

Have you tried hard resetting? I've had issues where no sound would play, I couldn't access apps or Ganges and couldn't sign in. Hard resetting fixed them. To hard reset, turn on the console, put your finger over the power button until it turns all the way
    off, repeat to turn it back on. If done correctly, you should see the green Xbox screen.
  7. ZedzUndead Win User

i wonder if twitch is causing the sign in error

I agree as well. I was able to sign into xbox one this morning, then I thought I'd try the twitch broadcast feature. Moment I activated my twitch profile to xbox I was unable to sign back into my xbox one profile.
  8. GIVEMEMYACCOUNT Win User

Live

In order to proceed with connecting to Xbox LIVE and using Xbox LIVE services your console must be updated otherwise, you will be signed out and unable to access Xbox LIVE features. When you sign in you should be prompted to update, you will need to accept
    the update if you wish to continue using Xbox LIVE services.
  9. Initial Fear GW Win User

Xbox Live Gold on Two Consoles, with Three Accounts

it is possible for one live account to work on two consoles, the catch is that the "parent" Gold will need to be signed in.

For this to work for your situation, Parent Gold must set Xbox A as the HOME CONSOLE in the settings menu. All profiles on this xbox will have Gold ONLY WHILE USING THIS XBOX.

Parent GOLD will then need to be signed in at all times on Xbox B to allow any gold features to be used.
Thema:

1. Unable to use "sign in" and "settings" features of xbox one - Similar Threads - Unable sign settings

2. Xbox One X - unable to sign into Xbox One Live unless I power cycle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - unable to sign into Xbox One Live unless I power cycle: Whenever I switch on my Xbox One X after it has shut down due to inactivity, I am unable to sign in. The network tests as working fine, I can see other devices on the network, and the network is...
  3. Xbox Beta - Unable to sign in after change of primary email

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta - Unable to sign in after change of primary email: Yesterday I decided to change the primary mail address (After being annoyed for some time that they don't even support plus-aliased mail addresses), and had to find out that I was automatically...
  4. Unable to sign in after password reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to sign in after password reset: I've tried to log back into my mother in laws account on xbox onee and the app but its not letting me it says the account or password is wrong. Is there anyway I can get this sorted....
  5. Anmeldung auf Xbox nicht möglich[Translation-Unable to sign in to Xbox]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anmeldung auf Xbox nicht möglich[Translation-Unable to sign in to Xbox]: Ein anderer Benutzer verwendet dieses Microsoft-Konto bereits auf diesem Gerät, deshalb können Sie es hier nicht hinzufügen. [Translation-Another user is already using this Microsoft account on...
  6. Unable to do Microsoft Sign in on Minecraft for PS4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to do Microsoft Sign in on Minecraft for PS4: Hello, I have been trying to sign in to my microsoft account on minecraft for my PS4 for the past three weeks, and it hasn't been working. It worked for a few weeks when I first got the game, but...
  7. Fortnite unable to sign in to your account for xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite unable to sign in to your account for xbox live: Please can somebody help! My son has been tryimg to play fortnite but keeps getting this message Fortnite unable to sign in to your account for xbox live please try later. We have tried...
  8. Unable to update Xbox and also not able to sign in error 0x80072EE2 0x00000000 0x00000202

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to update Xbox and also not able to sign in error 0x80072EE2 0x00000000 0x00000202: Hi team a couple of issues I'm having. The first I came across was not being able to sign in to my Xbox profile in which I have restarted the Xbox removed my profiles and tried to log back into...
  9. unable to sign into my xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to sign into my xbox one x: i have reseted my password and removed it from my xbox due to issues signing in and now that i have done that and im trying to resign back into it keeps saying my account already exist on this...
  10. Unable to sign into other accounts on Xbox app

in XBoX on Mobile
    Unable to sign into other accounts on Xbox app: Hey guys! Need some help so i can look at game clips on a profile. When i try to sign into my xbox app, it prompts me with signing in with live. It signs into another account repeatedly. Im unable...