Unable to use XBox 360 wireless controller with XBox Games Pass for Win10. Got any ideas?

Discus and support Unable to use XBox 360 wireless controller with XBox Games Pass for Win10. Got any ideas? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Alrighty. I'm trying to play games on the Windows 10 version of the XBox Games Pass with an XBox 360 wireless controller. I'm able to use the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by StevenHigginbotham1, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Unable to use XBox 360 wireless controller with XBox Games Pass for Win10. Got any ideas?

Alrighty. I'm trying to play games on the Windows 10 version of the XBox Games Pass with an XBox 360 wireless controller. I'm able to use the controller on other game services (example: Steam, UPlay, Origin, etc) but Xbox Games Pass doesn't even see the
    controller.

It should be noted that I'm using a third-party receiver for the controller. Something like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Wire...&sprefix=xbox+360+wireless+con,aps,165&sr=8-5

This is NOT a plug and play receiver. I had to set up the drivers for controller to make it work, but it DOES work on other games as an Xbox 360 controller is meant to operate.

What can I do to make this work with XBox Games Pass games? Thanks in advance.

:)

StevenHigginbotham1, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Unable to use XBox 360 wireless controller with XBox Games Pass for Win10. Got any ideas?

Sorry to hear it. It may be the receiver that's causing the issue then. Unfortunately Microsoft/Xbox does not support 3rd party hardware as it could cause issues like this.

I would suggest trying to connect the controller via an Xbox adapter for Windows. Otherwise you may need to try either connecting via USB or use an Xbox One controller.
  3. hansjegroot Win User

Xbox One connected to Win 10 pc, but streaming (games) does not work

I noticed that I was unable to play clips in Smartglass. I tried to install the Media Feature Pack, but I was unable to. I searched the internet and saw that I had to update Win10 first. After updating I installed the Media Feature Pack succesfully and I
    was able to stream. Next project will be connecting XBox 360 controller via wireless receiver on my pc and play XBox One games with it.
  4. maxen Win User

Connecting my Xbox 360 controller to Windows 8 laptop.

For wireless Xbox 360 controllers, you cannot use the charging cable to connect to a PC (it only transfers power, not data). To use the controller with a PC, you will either need an "Xbox 360 controller for Windows" (non-detachable cable) or use your existing
    wireless controller with the wireless gaming receiver for Windows.

This is the wireless adapter you could use:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-wireless-gaming-receiver-windows

Let us know if you have any questions.
  5. RúbriaKritikos Win User

XBOX GAME PASS DON'T RUN SOME GAMES IN PC ANYMORE

Sorry if I can't do this, but my controller xbox 360 wireless don't work in game pass games. Can I use it?
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox360 controller won't connect to pc

I've got an authentic wireless controller and I'm using the corded adapter.
    Hi,

Wireless Xbox 360 controllers are always wireless. You can't make them wired with the Play and Charge adaptor. The Play and Charge only charges the battery or powers the controller if no battery is present, it doesn't send data, hence the reason for all the lights flashing and no connection.

The only way to use a Xbox 360 wireless controller on PC is buy a Xbox 360 gaming receiver and it must be the '360 receiver' as the Xbox One version is compatible with the old Xbox 360 controllers. With the receiver present you can sync the controller via wireless to the PC.
Thema:

1. Unable to use XBox 360 wireless controller with XBox Games Pass for Win10. Got any ideas? - Similar Threads - Unable 360 wireless

2. Unable to re-download old digital Xbox 360 game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to re-download old digital Xbox 360 game: Hi there, I recognize this is a long shot. Way back, I bought Marble Blast Ultra from the Xbox 360 store and loved it. Eventually, that old Xbox died, and the account was deleted due to GDPR as...
  3. Unable to download movie and tv purchases made from Windows or Movies Anywhere on to my 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to download movie and tv purchases made from Windows or Movies Anywhere on to my 360: The title pretty much says it all. The error I get says that the license can not be retireved, yet I can stream them with no problem. BEcause my internet is not always the most stable, I'd like to...
  4. Unable to play Xbox 360 and Xbox Original games on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to play Xbox 360 and Xbox Original games on Series X: Hello I don't know if it's me, but I can't launch any Xbox 360 game on Xbox Series X. It gives me an error 0x87e10003 Xbox One and Series X games work. I tried reinstalling them, clearing...
  5. Unable to Get Windows to Recognize XBox 360 Wired Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Get Windows to Recognize XBox 360 Wired Controller: Hello, I have tried uninstalling drivers and restarting the PC without any luck. I have also tried going to device manager and selecting "let me pick from a list of available drives on my...
  6. Unable to make purchases or start downloads on my Xbox 360 Elite console store or on my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to make purchases or start downloads on my Xbox 360 Elite console store or on my...: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 Elite, and up until yesterday I was able to buy games and download them from the Game Store on the console. On Oct 6, at around 10-11pm, I added $60.00 to my...
  7. Unable to read update from the Xbox 360 Harddrive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to read update from the Xbox 360 Harddrive.: Hello, I recently bought an xbox 360. It Turns on but it will get stuck on the screen trying to update and it will say it can't read the harddrive and to please re-attach it and the console will...
  8. Unable to use any Xbox 360 wireless adapters

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to use any Xbox 360 wireless adapters: I recently updated Windows 10 to the most recent version. Prior to this, both my normal 360 adapter and Guitar Hero Live dongle had worked perfectly fine. Now the former shows up as an unknown...
  9. Unable to use Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel with PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to use Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel with PC: Split from this thread. Unfortunately, it's not possible to purchase an upgrade or repurchase a movie. This is a known issue, but I don't have any other information to share. This is just...
  10. After a compulsory update last month I've been unable to connect my wireless xbox 360 to ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After a compulsory update last month I've been unable to connect my wireless xbox 360 to ...: I select my network and enter my password and then begin the Xbox Live connection test and it comes out as: Network: Failed, Internet: Blocked, Xbox Live: Blocked. I've tried clearing the cache...