Unauthorised Purchases on my XBOX Account

Discus and support Unauthorised Purchases on my XBOX Account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I have made a request for a refund from Microsoft for a large number of unauthorised purchases on my XBOX account. These purchases were made both on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YoUnG GrAvY 118, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Unauthorised Purchases on my XBOX Account

Hi I have made a request for a refund from Microsoft for a large number of unauthorised purchases on my XBOX account. These purchases were made both on games that are not installed on the XBOX and when we were away.

I have made a request for a refund but been kicked back by Microsoft, I have changed all the passwords etc on the account and had to cancel my card and seal my accounts to prevent further fraudulent purchases.

I have asked that my case be reconsidered we are talking about £1187 in seven weeks, I saw five purchases going through on the day I noticed and my bank would not stop them so that was another £200. Its crazy its not the first time but always on GTA so my
    son is banned from playing it for the last 6 months under pain of death and I've checked yet purchases were being made in this seven week period on Megladon cards for GTA.

I need to resolve this but I don't want to punish my son and cancel our XBOX account because we just cant believe that Microsoft are protecting out data and card details.

Any help appreciated

:)

YoUnG GrAvY 118, Aug 1, 2019
  2. Pyrosplayhouse Win User

Unauthorised purchases on my account

Hey friend unfortunately we are unable to access account info or help with refunds. You would have to contact customer support and i would suggest changing all your passwords and update your security options.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Unauthorised purchases on my account

Unfortunately no one here can answer that question for you.

If you feel that your account was compromised you can follow this support article link for compromised accounts:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/compromised-account-solution

You can also talk to a MS xbox support agent by going to support.xbox.com/contact-us and talk to them about your account being compromised.

Otherwise if you already tried filling out the refund request form by following this link

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/xbox-subscriptions/digital-goods-subscriptions-refund

and they sent you an email back saying that your refund request was denied you would need to reply to that email to find out the reasoning why.
  4. YoUnG GrAvY 118 Win User

So are you saying I am simply stuffed and its just tough luck that these fraudulent purchases have gone through?

I do appreciate you replying as quickly as you have but I have no recourse whats so ever?

I have changed cards changed log in details etc. Its not the first time how do I get this considered at a sensible level, obviously I have requested a refund and been told no but when you request a refund there is a limit to what you can say on the form.
    I have now been able to reply to the decision and hope the additional data provided will help. I have been refunded in the past.

Thanks
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

No one here in the forums has access to your accounts so do not have the ability to look at your account information.

The best thing to do is to do what Njal the Blue suggested and to contact xbox support directly and let them know that your account has been compromised and that there are unauthorized charges that have been placed on the account.

They will then fill out what is called an escalations form with information about the account and send the information up to their escalations team who will then investigate and determine if the account was compromised and if so they will then have the ability
    to refund the money back to you.
  6. YoUnG GrAvY 118 Win User

No it wasn't my son the games are not on his console that the purchases were made against so I can be assured that they were fraudulent. My Bank says quite simply I voluntarily put a card on my account therefore its not considered as fraudulent. Its bonkers!
    Some of the purchases were made when we were away. No one has access to his machine and they are taught about the issues of security.

I can see that I will just simply cancel the XBOX account and get a play station
Thema:

1. Unauthorised Purchases on my XBOX Account - Similar Threads - Unauthorised Purchases Account

2. Unauthorised payments on my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unauthorised payments on my Microsoft account: We had a lot of fraudulent activity on our Microsoft account recently with around £4,000 being taken unauthorised. It relates to VC on NBA2K19 and it seems that Microsoft won't refund as they seem...
  3. Unauthorised charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unauthorised charge: Last year I purchased a one year subscription for my XBox. I am no longer active on XBox so I did not renew another year. However, in this months credit card statement there is a charge for...
  4. 5 Totally Unauthorised Transactions on my Microsoft Account.

in XBoX on Windows
    5 Totally Unauthorised Transactions on my Microsoft Account.: My grandson made 5 totally unauthorised transactions through my Microsoft account amounting to a very large amount. He did not use my Pin or password. this happened before and it took me 7...
  5. Unauthorised purchases on my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unauthorised purchases on my account: Someone accessed my microsoft account and made purchases and gifted them to themself. Why wont microsoft refund me for this and take the purchases back? 3ca56fdf-693d-40af-81e9-ddade586b491
  6. V buck unauthorised purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    V buck unauthorised purchase: My son has spent £100's on V bucks and microsoft are refusing a refund. Why? How can we stop our children purchasing V bucks if our card information has to be stored for X box live?...
  7. Just got Ripped off over 600 bucks from unauthorised Microsoft purchases.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Just got Ripped off over 600 bucks from unauthorised Microsoft purchases.: I'm sharing this experiance to all Microsoft account users, to caution you about loading and storing any credit card details on your Microsoft account. Ive just been stung over 600 dollars...
  8. Unauthorised payments

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Unauthorised payments: i am beyond desperate, a young child has used my bank card to buy points - 148 purchases in 11 days. Microsoft say i cannot have a refund even though it was unauthorised, they hsve paid back 1 of...
  9. Unauthorised purchases

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unauthorised purchases: Hello all, This month I've been having trouble with someone using my account without my knowledge or consent and purchasing various games over the last 4 weeks (The initial £60 worth of games...
  10. Xbox purchasing with Microsoft credit unauthorised.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox purchasing with Microsoft credit unauthorised.: Hi I'm wondering if anyone would know the solution to my problem.. i bought some some prepaid microsoft cards so I can download NHL 15 but I keep getting Sorry,we couldn't get authorization for...