Unconfigured USB memory

Discus and support Unconfigured USB memory in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear All I was using 2 external memory usb, both of 16GB. Recently, I wanted to change one of them with a 32GB memory, and I copied all contents from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JoyfullySharp, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Unconfigured USB memory

Dear All

I was using 2 external memory usb, both of 16GB. Recently, I wanted to change one of them with a 32GB memory, and I copied all contents from one to the other. Unfortunately, the console says it is not configured, so by doing this I would be losing important
    game saves. Does anyone has a solution?

Thank you,

:)

JoyfullySharp, Apr 2, 2015
  2. USB empty

the USB is listed as unconfigured. that's where the problem is.

adoorable door, Apr 2, 2015
  3. EdragonXX
    EdragonXX Guest
    USB memory

It was confirmed by Microsoft before Xbox One launch, that the Xbox One will not support external storage at launch. Also Microsoft confirmed that they add this function in the future. A little patience will be good. The Xbox team is working
    on some other things at the moment, but this function is definitely on the list.

You can listen your music today from Xbox Music, SkyDrive, or from audio cd.

EdragonXX, Apr 2, 2015
  4. Irixion
    Irixion Guest

Unconfigured USB memory

Short answer: no.

Long answer: Your memory sticks are going. Memory sticks don't really do well in high read/write situations because they only have so many read/writes they can do before they bite the dust. So yeah. Use magnetic storage instead.

Irixion, Apr 2, 2015
  5. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Hi there,

how exactly did you copy the data from one usb drive to the other one?

WPAK, Apr 2, 2015
  6. HI

I used my computer (although the files were hidden). It was clearly my mistake, since only afterwards I discovered that I could have used directly the console for this purpose. That will be a lesson Unconfigured USB memory :)

Now I have formatted the new usb memory with the console so my kid will have to play again GTA V and Halo, in order to recover the lost saved levels. I don't think he will mind Unconfigured USB memory :)

JoyfullySharp, Apr 5, 2015
  7. davemcfly85
    davemcfly85 Guest
    sorry once a flash drive is configured to be used on a 360 it can ONLY be used on a 360, you should NEVER put the drive in a PC or laptop as doing so can mess up the files when you go to put them back onto the drives. what you SHOULD have done was copy/pasted
    the data from drive to drive when both were in the 360 at the same time.

davemcfly85, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Irixion Win User

Unconfigured USB memory

Short answer: no.

Long answer: Your memory sticks are going. Memory sticks don't really do well in high read/write situations because they only have so many read/writes they can do before they bite the dust. So yeah. Use magnetic storage instead.
  9. WPAK Win User

Unconfigured USB memory

Hi there,

how exactly did you copy the data from one usb drive to the other one?
  10. davemcfly85 Win User

Unconfigured USB memory

sorry once a flash drive is configured to be used on a 360 it can ONLY be used on a 360, you should NEVER put the drive in a PC or laptop as doing so can mess up the files when you go to put them back onto the drives. what you SHOULD have done was copy/pasted
    the data from drive to drive when both were in the 360 at the same time.
  11. JoyfullySharp Win User

Unconfigured USB memory

HI

I used my computer (although the files were hidden). It was clearly my mistake, since only afterwards I discovered that I could have used directly the console for this purpose. That will be a lesson :)

Now I have formatted the new usb memory with the console so my kid will have to play again GTA V and Halo, in order to recover the lost saved levels. I don't think he will mind :)
  12. adoorable door Win User

USB empty

the USB is listed as unconfigured. that's where the problem is.
Thema:

Unconfigured USB memory

1. Unconfigured USB memory - Similar Threads - Unconfigured USB memory

2. my 2 xbox 1 controllers wont power up at all,,ive tried 3 power ports with usb cable,and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my 2 xbox 1 controllers wont power up at all,,ive tried 3 power ports with usb cable,and...: my 2 xbox 1 controllers wont power up at all,,ive tried 3 power ports with usb cable,and stillnothing,,any help plz 503539b9-7ecb-4e7d-a945-0724f3ca8e67
  3. Manette Xbox one entrée mini usb de mauvaise qualitée[Xbox One Controller Mini USB Input...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Manette Xbox one entrée mini usb de mauvaise qualitée[Xbox One Controller Mini USB Input...: Bonjour Xbox, Je me demandais si il était normal que l'entrée mini usb des manettes xbox n'était pas au norme pour fonctionner avec n'importe quel cable de ce type. Sur ma manette custom achetée...
  4. Will my Omen Mindframe Headset work if i connect them to the usb port of my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will my Omen Mindframe Headset work if i connect them to the usb port of my Xbox One?: I recently got this headset but when I connect them to the Xbox (on the usb port) i just can turn them on but I cant talk or hear anything. What I need to do to make them work?...
  5. USB Gamepad not recognized on Forza Horizon 4

in XBoX on Windows
    USB Gamepad not recognized on Forza Horizon 4: Hello. Recently I downloaded Forza Horizon 4 to my PC through Microsoft Game Pass. Unfortunately I discovered that the game does not recognize my USB gamepad no matter what I try. The gamepad...
  6. Playback of 4k HDR Dolby atmos Media files from USB Flash Drive or Internal HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playback of 4k HDR Dolby atmos Media files from USB Flash Drive or Internal HDD: I just want to know that if Xbox one X can play 4k HDR dolby atoms and DTS HD media files from USB Flash drive and Internal HDD?? Can it play iso s of bluray videos disks kept on USB Flash and...
  7. kinect remoteFX USB Redirection 연결 [Translation - kinect remoteFX USB Redirection Connection]

in XBoX on Windows
    kinect remoteFX USB Redirection 연결 [Translation - kinect remoteFX USB Redirection Connection]: 가상 머 에 kinect를 remoteFX USB Redirection으로 연결 수 있는 건가요? 현재 클라이언트 사양은 window10 home이 가상 머 의 서버는 window 10입니다. 혹시 가상머 에서는 kinect를 사용 수 없는건가요? ----------- [Mod Translation - Is it possible to...
  8. USB Microphone Supported On Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB Microphone Supported On Xbox One: Hi, I have a simple USB microphone that I would like to plug into my Xbox One and use, as my headsets is pretty much [Mod Removed - Profanity]. DOes the Xbox support this?...
  9. USB randomly unconfigures and deletes files

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB randomly unconfigures and deletes files: So i have 3 exactly 3 problems with my Silicon power ultima 1.When i take my USB out and put back in it unconfigures 2. GTA 5 disk 1 has 3(0-3 starting at zero) game download files and my USB...
  10. My Xbox no longer reads my USB flash drive. It shows up as a unconfigured UBS drive. How can I ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox no longer reads my USB flash drive. It shows up as a unconfigured UBS drive. How can I ...: So my girlfriend and I moved in together and we decided to retire my old gen 1 xbox 360 and begin to use her new xbox 360 slim. Her Xbox only had a 4gb hard drive so we opted to buy a 32gb flash...