unexpected charge

Discus and support unexpected charge in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Guys Firstly if i sound uninformed or unfamiliar with how things work or what they called, it's because i am.... I'm not a gamer, my 12 year old... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LeonMuller1, May 30, 2022.

1. LeonMuller1
    LeonMuller1 Guest

unexpected charge

Hi Guys

Firstly if i sound uninformed or unfamiliar with how things work or what they called, it's because i am.... I'm not a gamer, my 12 year old son is.

I have a microsoft account purely for my son to play on his Xbox. every month i add money to his prepaid mobile account for him to do instore purchases, ie. renew game pass and buy a fortnite crew pack etc. yesterday i added money to his account and he immediately got billed for something he didn't buy. It does not show up on his order history nor did i get an email invoice for it. He did however get a sms ( message on his phone) that a successful purchase has been made. but we cant see what it was for?

shouldn't we get a conformation message first before a purchase is made... and why didn't i get an email invoice like i always do when he paid for an order? Order still not showing up on his order history either. more than 24hrs later.

:)

LeonMuller1, May 30, 2022
  2. 104714c5-1fa6-4fce-a Win User

Unexpected charges

Hi,

I contacted my bank, they’re suspended my bank card because of this complaint. Today I received an answer but they didn’t even get the problem... does anybody know how I can make a request to at least someone check my charges.

I tried the refund process, I tried the customer service via phone but they can’t help.

It’s really frustrating that the Microsoft unable the answer a simple question.
  3. SammyVS Win User

Unexpected charges

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

If you do not find these purchases in your purchase history of the accounts you use unfortunately you will need to call your bank and ask them to cancel these purchases.
  4. LeonMuller1 Win User

unexpected charge

Hi there thanks for the info and tips. No only activity on the account was me trying to log on to it like a retard in the last 24 hrs. Before that was a couple of weeks ago by my son.

The message he received from the mobile service provider is the following:

YOU HAVE BEEN CHARGED R143.99 FOR YOUR PURCHASE FROM THE MICROSOFT APPSTORE. THIS HAS BEEN CHARGED TO YOUR VODACOM ACCOUNT. account.microsoft.com/billing

As you can see it vlearly says a purchase was made from the Microsoft appstore. But no frther details were given. And in his order history the last order or purchased that was made was for a fortnite crew on May the 1st. for R125,21 We live in south Africa btw, his payment option is linked to his pre paid mobile phone account as I didn't see it as a safe option linking my credit card as a payment option.
  5. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

unexpected charge

Hey there, LeonMuller1

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I am wondering if this was something bought on Fortnite. Have you tried looking at the purchase history here: Purchase History (epicgames.com)

Although, they should appear on your Microsoft Account. In the text message, does it mention what was purchased?

Nathan
  6. Smwutches Win User

Unexpected Charges

Thema:

unexpected charge

1. unexpected charge - Similar Threads - unexpected charge

2. Unexpected error occurred?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unexpected error occurred?: for the past hour I am trying to change my privacy settings just to be able to play with my friend and the xbox app every time I click "submit" an error message pops up saying "an unexpected error...
  3. Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap HALO Infinite xbox gamepass PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap HALO Infinite xbox gamepass PC: hi . i'm having issues with halo infinite on xbox gamepass PC version , when i try to launch it, it gives me the bluescreen with Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap error.i already check the RAM with...
  4. Unexpected Charges

in XBoX on Windows
    Unexpected Charges: I have a charge on my debit card from Microsoft for an in store purchase that I did not make. How do I find out what this is? 40349b2b-3719-4fa0-9852-7e3e9fc1138f
  5. Unexpectedly charged for a subscription I had cancelled months ago

in XBoX on Windows
    Unexpectedly charged for a subscription I had cancelled months ago: I have just found by chance that, without my knowledge, I have been paying for a Minecraft (WIN10) realms subscription well past when I originally ended the sub. Is there any practical way for me...
  6. Unexpected charge on my credit card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Unexpected charge on my credit card: So I just got my credit card bill in the mail earlier today and I see that earlier this month I was charged around $74.19 out of nowhere. Now besides the random charge this doesn't show up in my...
  7. Unexpected charges on Xbox game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unexpected charges on Xbox game pass: I bought the xbox game pass about a year ago when it was a dollar for a month trial. I put the payment on a gift card i had gotten and finished my month trial. After this i still had some money...
  8. Unexpected Charges to my Bank Account

in XBoX on Mobile
    Unexpected Charges to my Bank Account: Hello all. So I just realized that I have been getting unexpected charges on my bank account from Xbox Live for about 4 months now. I have not made an Xbox Live Gold account at any point in...
  9. Unexpected charges for free trial game pass

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Unexpected charges for free trial game pass: Hi, when I got the trial of game pass, in my bill appears three 1dollar chargues from Microsoft ST d1f987d7-ef5f-4103-8b6c-756bbd057b32
  10. Unexpected charge to my credit card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unexpected charge to my credit card: I noticed this on my online credit card statement today: 12 May 201411 May 2014SALEMSFT *XBOX LIVE 0800 587 1102LUX- £39.99 I haven't had Live Gold for several years, so I don't know why I've...