Unexplained 20% price increase

Discus and support Unexplained 20% price increase in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am a bit confused and annoyed on why everything in my Windows 8 and Windows Phone app store has increased by 20% just recently. Is this is a bug?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mickelworth, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Mickelworth
    Mickelworth Guest

Hi, I am a bit confused and annoyed on why everything in my Windows 8 and Windows Phone app store has increased by 20% just recently. Is this is a bug? I am located in Australia. For example, Spider Jack on the Windows Phone is now $1.20 when it used to
    be $0.99. And other games that used to be around $5 are now over $6. I know a similar bug happened elsewhere in the world some time ago. Or is this just another way of squeezing us Aussies on game prices?

:)

Mickelworth, Apr 30, 2015
  2. An increase in price

Hey Christian,

I understand your sentiment but the simple answer is convenience. Digital games require no physical copy. So, the first convenience is you don't need to get up to change discs. The second convenience is the comfort of buying from your home. You don't need
    to get dressed, travel to the store, waste gas, etc.

Because of such convenience, the prices may remain higher for longer than usual. However, Xbox has very generous sales throughout the year. Especially during holidays like Christmas. There are so many games over the year that I have been able to purchase
    the ultimate editions for 50% off. There are positives to digital games. I'm sure eventually everything will be digital. It is just more convenient.

Best,

Nozzle Unexplained 20% price increase :)

At the Nozzle, Apr 30, 2015
  3. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    An increase in price

€69.99 here for digital. Some discs are €74.99

brandiesel1, Apr 30, 2015
  4. SpeckledEagle Win User

What if.. dare I say Microsoft.............did

Microsoft increased the price of Live by like 20% and made the dashboard suck and full of ads.
  5. signoftheserpent Win User

Discs from CeX... Scratched.

CEX are amazing. Who else would have the foresight to increase the price of their 20 used copies of BO2 by £3, thereby guaranteeing they will sell!
  6. At the Nozzle Win User

An increase in price

Hey Christian,

I understand your sentiment but the simple answer is convenience. Digital games require no physical copy. So, the first convenience is you don't need to get up to change discs. The second convenience is the comfort of buying from your home. You don't need
    to get dressed, travel to the store, waste gas, etc.

Because of such convenience, the prices may remain higher for longer than usual. However, Xbox has very generous sales throughout the year. Especially during holidays like Christmas. There are so many games over the year that I have been able to purchase
    the ultimate editions for 50% off. There are positives to digital games. I'm sure eventually everything will be digital. It is just more convenient.

Best,

Nozzle :)
  7. brandiesel1 Win User

An increase in price

€69.99 here for digital. Some discs are €74.99
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

An increase in price

Hi,

Firstly, generally speaking, publishers sell their digital versions for higher prices on the Xbox Live Store. This is so that Microsoft and the game publishers don't tread on the toes of retail stores. After all, Microsoft relies on these stores to help
    sell it's consoles.

Secondly, you're not taking tax (or VAT) into consideration. In the U.S, the price displayed on the store page on the Xbox Marketplace, isn't the final price. A $60 game isn't a $60 game at checkout. The tax is added later, plus it varies, from state to
    state. A currency conversion won't help with this omission.

VAT in Norway is 25% is it not? I'm from the United Kingdom, so you're paying 5% more VAT on your game purchases than I am as here it's 20%. I'm pretty sure, like mine, your Xbox Store shows prices including VAT.
Thema:

1. Unexplained 20% price increase - Similar Threads - Unexplained 20% price

2. FIFA 20

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FIFA 20: I made 7 saved career modes in FIFA 20 and when I came one morning, all of the career modes were on the load career page, exactly as I had titled them, but when I pressed on any of them, it made...
  3. Match making problems with fifa 20

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Match making problems with fifa 20: Hello I'm having trouble with match making on ultimate team to many times when I'm trying to start the game the screen gets grey and the game doesn't work bd167959-fab0-4bb7-be20-3e6b4cca7ff2
  4. Xbox One Download Speeds dropping to 20 kb/s and no higher than 5 mbps

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox One Download Speeds dropping to 20 kb/s and no higher than 5 mbps: Xbox One Download Speeds dropping to 20 kb/s and no higher than 5 mbps I recently bought Xbox Live like 2 hours ago just to play Fortnite, I am updating fortnite as we speak and it is downloading...
  5. Unwarranted and unexplained suspension of xbox account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unwarranted and unexplained suspension of xbox account: Today I logged on to find my account has a 7 day suspension without any explanation or reason as to why. I've never received a suspension before and rarely talk on mic or through text so I'm...
  6. Unexplained bandwidth usage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unexplained bandwidth usage: Today I noticed a huge spike in data usage through my internet service. After some searching, I discovered my Xbox One was the culprit. According to the bandwidth usage page under network...
  7. Unexplained update errors

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unexplained update errors: I woke up on May 13th (today), I started my Xbox and was welcomed with an update. Naturally I would be like: "Okay, whatever." and play games on my phone when it was updating. Today was different....
  8. Unexplained ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unexplained ban: So I was banned for communication which I am not posting about. It's that ive been further banned from multiplayer for 'abuse' which I couldn't commit as I was not able to send messages or speak...
  9. There are some unexplainable charges on banking account

in XBoX on Consoles
    There are some unexplainable charges on banking account: I am needing a phone number so we can call to verify what account made these charges to my checking account. 0637692b-c067-4386-8db8-950dc1db8436
  10. Unexplained Extension of Ban.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unexplained Extension of Ban.: I was subject to a 1-day ban for my xbox live account at 8:14:20 pm UTC time. It way past that time and I still cannot access some xbox live features, most importantly, parties. Please explain....