Unfamiliar Login attempts on my microsoft account

Discus and support Unfamiliar Login attempts on my microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi I've just recently check my Microsoft account activity and everything is fine apart from today 5 hours ago there was about 10 attempted logins from... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by apb1978, Sep 4, 2019.

1. apb1978
    apb1978 Guest

Hi I've just recently check my Microsoft account activity and everything is fine apart from today 5 hours ago there was about 10 attempted logins from countries like Malaysia Bangkok etc even though these attempts were unsuccessful I received no email
    or notification to say that an unfamiliar login I've been attempted I was just wondering if anyone knew why this would be

:)

apb1978, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Exodus Scalpel Win User

A good advice i can give you on top of making 2FA authentication and changing your password is to make a strong password that has nothing to do with anything that could be associated with you.

make it so hard that you will have to write it down because you cant remember it and add random numbers and things like a # or a ^.

That will make your password almost impossible to breach.
  3. apb1978 Win User

Thanks for all the above tips I've already done them as a precaution anyway
  4. Ironwilled Win User

5. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello apb1978,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to the Unfamiliar login issue, it would be best to change your password as a safety precaution. For more info on how to change your password, please follow this support link for How
    to Change your Microsoft account Password
    As for why you did not receive any notifications either via your email or by other means, have you checked to make sure the alias on your account is an up to date email? I would also recommend checking
    to see if any of the emails have gone into your junk or spam folder as that can happen when you receive an email from a single source multiple times.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  6. cdzIl75D Win User

Change your password. Also make sure that you have a system set up to where you can always recover your account.
Thema:

1. Unfamiliar Login attempts on my microsoft account - Similar Threads - Unfamiliar Login attempts

2. Minecraft Bedrock Edition PS4 Login Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition PS4 Login Error: Minecraft: Bedrock Edition works just fine on my Xbox One and Nintendo Switch through my Microsoft Account, but on my PS4, I keep getting the same error when I try to login with my Microsoft...
  3. xbox login

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox login: Has microsoft removed the xbox app on windows 10 I keep getting an error when I try to play microsoft bingo. fca97358-5cfd-4a19-852d-c54370723f2f
  4. can not login to xbox on new computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can not login to xbox on new computer: I have a new pc. I am not able to signin to xbox via solitaire. I can login via my browser. It recognizes my screen name and has my achievements. I have tried all solutions from the faq's. I have...
  5. xbox 로그인 질문[Translation-xbox login questions]

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox 로그인 질문[Translation-xbox login questions]: xbox계 이 가 성인임에도 불구하 마이크로소프트 프로필 창에서 xbox프로필로 이동 때와 xbox를 마이크로소프트 계 으로 로그인하여 my account를 누를 때마다 이 자녀의 xbox 개인 보 및 온라인 안 보 설 변경 창...
  6. Can't login to Xbox Insider Hub

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't login to Xbox Insider Hub: Hello all, I've just installed the Xbox Insider Hub as I'm selected for an insider program, but when I launch it, click on Sign In, I get the following error : "There is a problem Acess denied....
  7. FIFA 20 login verification

in XBoX on Consoles
    FIFA 20 login verification: My son currently cannot play FIFA 20 online because the game wants to send a login verification code to an email address that is not ours (obviously some form of hack) This dodgy email address...
  8. GTA login error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA login error: GTA will not let me load into my account, it loads to 55%, it is telling me to delete all of my progress but it will effect all my games in my account. The error code is 0x838601e7....
  9. Have to login to Microsoft account on Minecraft Nintendo switch every time I open the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have to login to Microsoft account on Minecraft Nintendo switch every time I open the game: When i want to play online or use my saved skins i have to login to my microsoft account, and have to use the special code and open a webpage, every time i open the game. I have gotten the message...
  10. Xbox PC asking for PIN number to login.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox PC asking for PIN number to login.: Hello, I traveled to my parents house this summer, where I was hoping to play my Xbox (Beta) games but it turns out I need my PIN number to do so. Not an e-mail, not my password, I need some...