Unformatted Hard Drive, battery overheating and console crashing. Help!

Discus and support Unformatted Hard Drive, battery overheating and console crashing. Help! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Firstly my Xbox started to crash out of nowhere and I noticed that the adapter battery was overheating and was even showing a red light on the battery... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Burning Sermon, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Unformatted Hard Drive, battery overheating and console crashing. Help!

Firstly my Xbox started to crash out of nowhere and I noticed that the adapter battery was overheating and was even showing a red light on the battery itself where there is usually an orange or green light if active. I thought nothing of it at first and
    plugged it out and let it cool down but it continued to overheat and shut down after around 45 minutes or so. Its in an open space and in the correct position and never in any direct sunlight or close to any other mechanism. I went back to start my console
    a few days later after leaving it for a while and there was a mandatory Xbox update which wouldn't let me connect to Xbox live until I updated. I tried to update and it said it was unable to as I didn't have enough storage. I have a 250gb slim hard drive which
    has at least 90gb left on it however. When I went into the hard drive settings itself it now shows as "unformatted". It is an official Xbox hard drive which came with the console over a year and a half ago. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps such as
    turning it off, taking it out etc. I am not able to clear the cache as it is not recognised and there is no Cloud storage option anymore. So basically I have lost everything and their only option is to buy a new hard drive. Something which the customer support
    were very quick to suggest and they were absolutely no help. My warranty is up by a couple of months, which is an improvement on my last xbox dying after a week after the warranty finished. I'm really coming to think that these things are built to break and
    I don't trust any of these updates anymore. I have been using my console now on a 8gb usb stick which takes forever to load and still have the problem of the battery adapter overheating in less than an hour each time. I couldn't be more frustrated. Is there
    anything I can do? Any help would be appreciated immensely. Thanks

:)

Burning Sermon, Jan 23, 2014
  2. Hard drive problem

For the past few months my hard drive would just crash on my xbox while playing games. Recently it has happened more often. I have a SATA 1.0TB hard drive. Is there a certain setting that's causing the problem or is it the hard drive itself. I have a lot of storage on their that I would hate to lose. I'm sure its not an overheating problem because I would turn the hard drive on for the first time that day and it would crash in the first few minute. Please help if you can, its annoying the crap out of me.

thatoneguyfromoverthere, Jan 23, 2014
  3. Iwan Dawson
    Iwan Dawson Guest
    Update Failed PLEASE HELP! 3F4B Error Code

My hard-drive is in the console and i can access all the games files and apps etc. But as you said it says their is no hard-drive in the console. I dont think it says Unformatted anywhere when i go into Settings>System>Storage i cant find where is says Formatted/Unformatted
    it so im guessing it isnt unformatted.

Iwan Dawson, Jan 23, 2014
  4. Iwan Dawson Win User

Update Failed PLEASE HELP! 3F4B Error Code

My hard-drive is in the console and i can access all the games files and apps etc. But as you said it says their is no hard-drive in the console. I dont think it says Unformatted anywhere when i go into Settings>System>Storage i cant find where is says Formatted/Unformatted
    it so im guessing it isnt unformatted.
  5. NAMINE2 Win User

HARD DRIVE UNFORMATTED

Hi I just got this unformatted memory after I went for the update when playing saints row 1 & after 2 failed attempts it got unformatted-at time this has happened to me but it won't format did my hard drive crash? If not how do I fix it w/o sending it to
    b repaired or getting a refurbished 360 please help
  6. DangerousBard Win User

Help! Hard drive unformatted after every restart

In case the hard drive you are using is not a Microsoft one, the device may seem as “unformatted” and you may be prompted to format the hard drive more than once. Try disconnecting your hard drive and then reconnecting it to see if it works. Sometimes using
    your "unformated" hard drive with another console helps to solve the problem.
  7. HassanB Win User

Unformatted hdd

Once a hard drive is coming up as "unformatted" that means that the Xbox 360 can no longer read the data that's on that hard drive.

You can try to remove the hard drive and place it back in the console and see if it makes any sort of difference. If it doesn't then that means that the data is already gone as there's no way to read data that's coming up are "unformatted" on a hard drive.

You'd need to format that hard drive in order for it to be readable again. If this happens again, it's likely an issue with the hard drive and it would need to be replaced.
  8. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox 360 Elite Hard Drive error?

Hi, as the hard drive is showing as unformatted there's little you can do but try to format it. The hard drive may not format or format but then become unformatted again which would indicate a major problem with the hard drive.
Thema:

Unformatted Hard Drive, battery overheating and console crashing. Help!

1. Unformatted Hard Drive, battery overheating and console crashing. Help! - Similar Threads - Unformatted Hard Drive

2. Unformatted Hard Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unformatted Hard Drive: hey i just downloaded Star Wars Kotor and paid 10 dollars for it on my Xbox 360 S and now the hard drive is messed up and ive lost everything. what do i do now? 31cd8a42-58c2-4068-a258-acc3d216a392
  3. Unformatted X360 Internal Hard Drive error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unformatted X360 Internal Hard Drive error: I ran into this problem today. As soon as I started my X360 a window pop up telling me that there was an update that I needed to install to continue using Xbox Live. I click on yes and another box...
  4. if the hard drive of my xbox says unformatted what do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    if the hard drive of my xbox says unformatted what do i do?: if the hard driver of my xbox says un formatted what I do? 03f630f5-3dd7-4bfd-b9c2-e1923e6ccb95
  5. Hard drive unformatted after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive unformatted after update: its a genuine xbox 360 4gig from best buy. after starting it an update ran. after the update the hard drive was unrecognized and unformatted. Game I was going to play needs 1.6 gig to install hd...
  6. Unformatted Hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unformatted Hard drive: We have had a xbox 360 for about a year. It has a 500gb memory. My sons were getting ready to play they got for Christmas and it said we needed to update Xbox live, when we clicked yes, it tells...
  7. hard drive not unformatted

in XBoX on Consoles
    hard drive not unformatted: yesterday, i was playing games then when i turned it off the next morning my hard drive is not working, i realy need help right away because i have about 20 games on my hard drive...
  8. My hard drive that was working fine before is now "unformatted"

in XBoX on Consoles
    My hard drive that was working fine before is now "unformatted": I updated my Xbox 360 console yesterday and it now says my hard drive is unformatted. My hard drive had been working fine before i updated my console. 5ac9cd0c-b1d1-4fa6-b8bd-b72f1a71a4ee
  9. Hard Drive 'Unformatted'

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard Drive 'Unformatted': All of a sudden when I started up one of my games last night my xbox live cut out and I lost all storage. When I went to check storage, the only thing there was a device titled 'Unformatted'. When...
  10. Unformatted Hard drive on Xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unformatted Hard drive on Xbox360: My system is calling for an update. After starting the update process, a message pops up "not enough storage space". My hard drive shows "unformatted" on the storage devices screen. I have...