Unhooked cable box and now NO SOUND!

Discus and support Unhooked cable box and now NO SOUND! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I unhooked my dish reciever due to all the complicatiins I was having running my xbox through the reciever Itself. So I hooked up the hdmi out... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Unkwnpharoah, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Unkwnpharoah
    Unkwnpharoah Guest

So I unhooked my dish reciever due to all the complicatiins I was having running my xbox through the reciever Itself. So I hooked up the hdmi out from the back of the console to the television and now I have no sound at all with my xbox one! Anyone else
    have this problem? Suggestions?

:)

Unkwnpharoah, Aug 13, 2014
  2. Not getting all my channels that I have access to

I get all my channels on my guide, but not the stars, encore channels. My cable box does not use a hdmi connection but a different one, does that have to be unhooked for it to totally read my channels. Right now I have both connected, the hdmi from cable
    box to xbox, and cable box to tv. I think we are missing something.

Luna830-E0801295-DB94-4BB7-8B81-F54B145338A0, Aug 13, 2014
  3. Misses Joust
    Misses Joust Guest
    Kinect and smart tv?

G'day JB! If you unhooked your entire Xbox One console and the sound issue kept going, then the Kinect sensor likely isn't the cause. Check your cables to make sure everything is plugged in securely for watching TV, and maybe try a new cable to connect your
    TV to your cable/set top box since you're not using the console's HDMI pass-through.

Misses Joust, Aug 13, 2014
  4. HairyBuzz
    HairyBuzz Guest

Allright on the Xbox go to settings>display&sounds>"HDMI audio" change it to "stereo uncompressed"

HairyBuzz, Aug 13, 2014
  5. HairyBuzz Win User

Allright on the Xbox go to settings>display&sounds>"HDMI audio" change it to "stereo uncompressed"
  6. JGogel Win User

Could Xbox One boot to the TV app in full screen?

Please add this feature! I'm about to unhook this thing from my cable box and just use another HDMI port.
  7. Misses Joust Win User

Kinect and smart tv?

G'day JB! If you unhooked your entire Xbox One console and the sound issue kept going, then the Kinect sensor likely isn't the cause. Check your cables to make sure everything is plugged in securely for watching TV, and maybe try a new cable to connect your
    TV to your cable/set top box since you're not using the console's HDMI pass-through.
  8. RobertBuckalew Win User

connecting bs issue and nothing works

work backwards , unhook the switch and plug the xbox into that cable , then unhook the router and hook the xbox to that cable , will have to reboot everything each time....
  9. FreakasaurusRex Win User

Anyone talk to Calendar Man?

don't know how it would.. you have to unhook it from the internet though.. pull out the cable if u are hardwired.. don't drop your x-box cause that could harm it
Thema:

1. Unhooked cable box and now NO SOUND! - Similar Threads - Unhooked cable box

2. Cable Box not being detected by Xbox one X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cable Box not being detected by Xbox one X: I just bought a brand new Xbox one x on Amazon. The first few days everything was working great. Then today I kept getting an error message every-time I open up One Guide. The message is a picture...
  3. power cables second hand xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    power cables second hand xbox: hello everyone please please help me , I bought preloved xbox 360 for my 6yrs old son but something not right with the cables :-/ please have a look and tell me i’m not wrong saying to the seller...
  4. About the cable connection of the elite 2 controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    About the cable connection of the elite 2 controller: Can I use a usb2.0 type-c to usb-A cable to connect my elite 2 controller to the console? 8c09b2aa-76eb-432a-acab-08089566712c
  5. Stream while someone else watches cable

in XboX Insiders
    Stream while someone else watches cable: To bad I cannot be out of town in a hotel room and stream play my XBox while people at home still able to watch tv, netflix, hulu, etc. instead of it completely hijacking console. Is this...
  6. Why my newly bought xbox 360 controller cable not work with my used xbox 360 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my newly bought xbox 360 controller cable not work with my used xbox 360 controller?: I buy the used xbox 2 or 3 weeks ago and now i try to connect the used xbox 360 controller to my xbox 360 but nothing happens, but the cables led is not light up The usb is good i try and i try...
  7. No idea which cable my Xbox One needs. (Repost due to old one being closed)

in XBoX on Consoles
    No idea which cable my Xbox One needs. (Repost due to old one being closed): Hi! So I have just bought an Xbox One without a cable off of ebay. I have no idea which power cable I need to plug it in! Please help! (Picture of xbox cable in)...
  8. No idea which power cable my Xbox One needs

in XBoX on Consoles
    No idea which power cable my Xbox One needs: I have just bought an xbox one off of ebay that came with no cable. Which one do I need? (Picture attached on the hyperlink)...
  9. Usb on connecter cable for an xbox controller not responding with pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Usb on connecter cable for an xbox controller not responding with pc: Hi all I was playing a game through steam on my HP Laptop with windows 10 update and everything with a xbox one controller via usb connection, and for some reason, the computer stopped...
  10. I unhook my Xbox one of all of its cords and put it back in the box every time im done using ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I unhook my Xbox one of all of its cords and put it back in the box every time im done using ...: Question: I unhook my Xbox one of all of its cords and put it back in the box every time im done using it. Is this ok to do? or will I damage the plugs or system? The reason I do this is because I...