Uninstalled game on Xbox Game Pass but space did not free up

Discus and support Uninstalled game on Xbox Game Pass but space did not free up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have uninstalled a game that is ~90gB on Xbox game pass, but the space did not free up on my laptop SSD at all. I have tried looking for a lot of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MOARIZNO, Nov 25, 2021.

1. MOARIZNO
    MOARIZNO Guest

I have uninstalled a game that is ~90gB on Xbox game pass, but the space did not free up on my laptop SSD at all.

I have tried looking for a lot of help, apparently it is because the games are downloaded in WindowApps, and cannot be deleted.

Uninstalled game on Xbox Game Pass but space did not free up [​IMG]

This has been a problem for years and has remained unfixed, and seem to be quite common as well, I recommend everyone to not use the game pass until there are fixes for the issue as it would literally cause you to lose space in your drives. Has anyone experiences this issue and have solutions for it?

:)

MOARIZNO, Nov 25, 2021
  2. MOARIZNO Win User

so to be clear, I need to wipe everything on my pc to fix this problem caused by the game pass? Just something that I want to know about for future reference.

Thanks
  3. andersonpassos Win User

4. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

If there is an error when uninstalling, it is likely that I cannot delete the folder manually due to restricted access to them. If the game is from EA Play needs to be uninstalled by EA desktop app.

If there really was a problem in the uninstallation, only the formatting will be able to remove what was left in the folder.
  5. MOARIZNO Win User

I am unfamiliar with how to "format" it, is there a link to some tutorial or sth?

thx
  6. Chudamaru Win User

Uninstalled game and it did not free up space.

Unfortunately the Windows Game Pass app hides where it installs the games since you don't technically own them and they want to stop people from pirating.

Are you installing to C or a secondary drive?
Thema:

1. Uninstalled game on Xbox Game Pass but space did not free up - Similar Threads - Uninstalled game Game

2. Gamepass - Uninstalling a game results in no change in storage space.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass - Uninstalling a game results in no change in storage space.: After uninstalling MCC through the PC gamepass app, my storage still says its full. MCC no longer shows as installed on gamepass, but the files are still taking up space. I've called the support...
  3. Games UNINSTALLED after PC restart MULTIPLE TIMES

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games UNINSTALLED after PC restart MULTIPLE TIMES: I would like to know why each time pc is restarted both XBOX APP AND MS STORE CAN NOT FIND FORZA HORIOZN 5 installation on PC's D Drive - doesnt matter same is with USB HDD. I want a fix for this...
  4. Games UNINSTALLED after PC restart MULTIPLE TIMES

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games UNINSTALLED after PC restart MULTIPLE TIMES: Forza Horizon 5 cant be found - needs reinstall each time i restart PC !! this is very annoying and frustrating! Each time i restart pc game says "GAME IS OFFLINE and or stoarage device is...
  5. Problem when i uninstalling a game from xbox app on pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem when i uninstalling a game from xbox app on pc.: Hi, recently i click in the uninstall botton of the game age of empires 4 in the xbox apps, but i only obtain 50 gbs of 90 gbs size, so i think some archives still in my ssd. Can you help me to...
  6. i can't uninstall and cancel installation of a game, (game pass PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i can't uninstall and cancel installation of a game, (game pass PC): i installed Wolfenstein 2 the new colossus but after i install it it keeps telling me error could not install but the game is installed and launched perfectly after i finished the game i try to...
  7. Can't uninstall Forza 5 from games pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't uninstall Forza 5 from games pass: Hi, Tried everything but Forza 5 crashes on start-up on my PC. Been to Forza support, tried it all. everything (e.g. GPU, windows, game updated), tried running as admin. No luck. Went to...
  8. All Game Pass Games Randomly Uninstalled From PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All Game Pass Games Randomly Uninstalled From PC: As the subject says, all of my game pass games just randomly uninstalled themselves. I've checked through my files and install locations for xbox games and none of my games are there. Any idea why...
  9. Uninstalled games from Games Pass PC still occupy space in my hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Uninstalled games from Games Pass PC still occupy space in my hard drive: Hello, I have been having an issue with Games Pass for PC in which the uninstalled games from de app still occupy space from my hard drive. I already tried a couple of thing but nothing seems to...
  10. games from xbox game pass don't uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    games from xbox game pass don't uninstall: I try to uninstal no man sky and doom eternal from my PC but it always come back after the uninstallation. I though it redownload and install everything because this is happening to another PC I...