uninstalling XBox App

Discus and support uninstalling XBox App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to uninstall XBox App, but the "uninstall" button is blanked out and not working. Any clues how to uninstall an app in that case?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Merri Bee, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Merri Bee
    Merri Bee Guest

uninstalling XBox App

I want to uninstall XBox App, but the "uninstall" button is blanked out and not working. Any clues how to uninstall an app in that case?

:)

Merri Bee, Oct 2, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

uninstalling XBox App

You should also be able to uninstall the apps via Settings > Apps > Apps & features and then you can select the app installed that you want to uninstall and click "Uninstall" The Xbox (Beta) App, Xbox Console Companion, and Xbox Live are available for uninstall.
    There are somethings that are not able to be directly uninstalled that way, such as the Game Bar.

Which Xbox app are you looking to uninstall? And what are you hoping to accomplish by having it uninstalled? Is it a resource concern?
  3. jerbear30ky Win User

no notificacions in the xbox app

to uninstall the app go to settings apps and select xbox app and uninstall it then go to the store to reinstall it
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

uninstalling XBox App

Follow the steps below to remove the Xbox app from your Windows 10 PCs:

1 – Press the Windows+S key combination to open a Search box.

2 – Type powershell into the Search box, then right-click on Windows Powershell and click
    Run as administrator. (ClickYes in response to the confirmation dialog.)

3 – Copy and paste the following line of text after the Powershell command prompt:

Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

4 – Press the Enter key.
  5. Tarnend Win User

uninstalling XBox App

It is part of the windows 10 OS as that and xbox are getting more and more linked. It doesnt really use any resources if you arent using it, so i am wondering what the need would be to remove it?
  6. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

uninstalling XBox App

You can also go into the app and sign out of your account, leaving it dormant if you wanted to leave it in case you think you might ever want to use it in the future. However, following the other instructions here should help you to remove it. Best of
    luck, hope you have no issues.
Thema:

uninstalling XBox App

1. uninstalling XBox App - Similar Threads - uninstalling App

2. Win10 Xbox App unable to install or uninstall certain games

in XBoX on Windows
    Win10 Xbox App unable to install or uninstall certain games: So an issue I encountered today. I try to launch Gears 5 on my system to find that a certain descriptor file does not exist and it wont launch. I go through the motions of rebooting and checking...
  3. how do i uninstall this app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i uninstall this app: how do I uninstall this app 22ef6bf1-cf44-4856-b180-4fbd2eef8fc9
  4. Unable to uninstall Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to uninstall Xbox app: I have a laptop with limited processor and hard drive capacity so I need to strip out any unnecessary apps or features. Microsoft included xBox in the Windows 10 install and it is resisting my...
  5. How can I uninstall the XBox App? I am looking for my memory space on my laptop.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I uninstall the XBox App? I am looking for my memory space on my laptop.: I never use Xbox, and am hurting for storage space. I tried to uninstall it, but can't. Why not? Is there another way? daad458c-0975-4e88-b9bc-77f63d7ff195
  6. Uninstalling the Xbox "Console Companion" app

in XBoX on Windows
    Uninstalling the Xbox "Console Companion" app: I used the old Xbox app to keep track of mates and the Windows games I play. Now that it's been turned into a "console companion" why is it not uninstallable? I don't have an Xbox and there is no...
  7. Can't uninstall a game from the xbox beta app for pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can't uninstall a game from the xbox beta app for pc: I've encountered a curious issue: after finishing Metro Exodus, I tried uninstalling it. It seemed to uninstall without issue, however the next time I fire up the xbox app it shows back up in my...
  8. uninstall xbox one apps does not remove

in XBoX on Windows
    uninstall xbox one apps does not remove: I had a xbox one. I no longer have it. fdccc7fe-1a0d-4ea9-abbe-10ed104028be
  9. Not able to sign into Xbox Windows 10 app at all. Did all advanced steps, uninstalled, ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Not able to sign into Xbox Windows 10 app at all. Did all advanced steps, uninstalled, ...: Haven't been able to sign into my Xbox on Windows 10 app since the last service outage. Was receiving the "0xbba" error, now receiving the error: "0x409 0x80080005". I've done all the Services ->...
  10. All my apps uninstalled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All my apps uninstalled: So i logged in to my Xbox account and all of my games were uninstalled I've never had this problem before but I've spent all night reinstalling them once they are back will all my progress and my...