Unlink two Xbox accounts

Discus and support Unlink two Xbox accounts in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. My kid has his own Xbox and is linked to my live account. He isn't with me at the moment and has his xbox with him. Is there a way I can block him... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stephen3434, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Stephen3434
    Stephen3434 Guest

Unlink two Xbox accounts

Hi. My kid has his own Xbox and is linked to my live account. He isn't with me at the moment and has his xbox with him. Is there a way I can block him so he can't access my live account anymore from his Xbox? Thanks!

:)

Stephen3434, Sep 20, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Unlink two Xbox accounts

Hey Stephen

Thank you for taking the time to provide this update for us.

Changing your password alone will be enough to prevent anyone from having access to your account. Unless they have access to whatever security proof you added to your account for security recently, or when you first created your account, you should have
    any problems with anyone else locking you out of your account.

Additionally, if you child does not have a "Child" account [this is configured when first creating the account] then removing them from your family shouldn't cause any complications.

However, if their account is not an "Adult" account, then they will be unable to make any configurations to their

Privacy and online safety settings
    on their account, and it could cause trouble when trying to play certain multiplayer games that require specific settings on their account.

Additionally, you might want to take a look at the
    Home Xbox
    feature, as this could allow you to share both one subscription and any games you purchase on your account. You can read up on how to configure

this
    here.

I hope this was able to clarify any confusion or turmoil this might have caused.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Unlink two Xbox accounts

Does he have his own account under you as in your family or is he using your account? As the top poster said, change your password if he is using your account. If he is in your family you can remove him from your family in your account settings.
  4. Stephen3434 Win User

Unlink two Xbox accounts

He does have his own account. I changed my password. Next I guess I'll remove his accounts from my family. Thanks for the info.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Unlink two Xbox accounts

Hi there Stephen,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is a question about accessing the Live account. I recommend to try

changing your account password

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  6. Slickity Slothh Win User

How do I disconnect my old epic games account from my xbox with my xbox?

Hey there! A simple way you can find access the settings and unlink your account is on Epic Games’ website. You just have to sign in there using the Xbox button, then continue into the “Account Details” option in the menu and from there you’ll find Linked
    Accounts and can then unlink the two. However, I believe Epic does platform locks, so your PC account can’t be linked Xbox until crossplay is implemented. Hope I was able to help you out!
Thema:

Unlink two Xbox accounts

1. Unlink two Xbox accounts - Similar Threads - Unlink accounts

2. Unlink Epic Games Account, 2019

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unlink Epic Games Account, 2019: I have read the old post, and think that I cannot unlink the account on xbox.com is ridiculous! Because by linking the account, I authorized Epic to check my xbox profile etc. Since Epic is...
  3. how to unlink EA account from xbox live account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to unlink EA account from xbox live account?: So apparently my account got hacked and linked to an EA account. When opening FIFA 19, it asks me about some email, if it's me and if so, to put in some password. This was new for me, it wouldn't...
  4. i need to unlink my account from this microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    i need to unlink my account from this microsoft account: This is something i have been needing to do for a while as my xbox account is connected to my dads email (Ive had this since i was 7) and now we are starting to have problems having to share this...
  5. Unlink Facebook from old Xbox account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unlink Facebook from old Xbox account: I made an Xbox Live account, and i had linked my current facebook to it. I closed the xbox account and all the email accounts connecting to it, but didn't unlink Facebook first. Now Facebook is...
  6. unlink facebook account from my xbox games for windows account

in XBoX on Windows
    unlink facebook account from my xbox games for windows account: I am having signing to my Microsoft solitaire collection in windows 8.1. I would like to unlink my Facebook account, to see if that will help. a60e16c6-4683-4814-a5af-e9db0a051aa8
  7. Desvincular conta Eletronic Arts Xbox One[Unlink account Eletronic Arts Xbox One]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Desvincular conta Eletronic Arts Xbox One[Unlink account Eletronic Arts Xbox One]: Como faço para desvincular conta da EA do meu xbox one? [Translation - How do I unlink EA account from my xbox one?] ef0d0300-9cc4-46af-8297-205b624461d4
  8. Unlink my brothers Xbox 360 account from my Origin PC account.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unlink my brothers Xbox 360 account from my Origin PC account.: Hello can I get some help with unlinking my brothers xbox 360 account from my Origin PC account? I contacted EA Support and they said this is the only way to do this. Please help!...
  9. Unlink an account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unlink an account: Is it possible to unlink an account from another Xbox? This is the situation: Account A (they do NOT have the login for this account) This account is the account of an ex of a friend of us....
  10. Unlink EAsports account from Madden 18

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unlink EAsports account from Madden 18: Good evening, My son is trying to get a EAsports account logged in on his xbox. The account he is using is mine from a long time ago and for reason there is some random email in the account...