Unlink two Xbox accounts

Discus and support Unlink two Xbox accounts in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. My kid has his own Xbox and is linked to my live account. He isn't with me at the moment and has his xbox with him. Is there a way I can block him... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stephen3434, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Stephen3434
    Stephen3434 Guest

Unlink two Xbox accounts

Hi. My kid has his own Xbox and is linked to my live account. He isn't with me at the moment and has his xbox with him. Is there a way I can block him so he can't access my live account anymore from his Xbox? Thanks!

:)

Stephen3434, Sep 20, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Unlink two Xbox accounts

Hey Stephen

Thank you for taking the time to provide this update for us.

Changing your password alone will be enough to prevent anyone from having access to your account. Unless they have access to whatever security proof you added to your account for security recently, or when you first created your account, you should have
    any problems with anyone else locking you out of your account.

Additionally, if you child does not have a "Child" account [this is configured when first creating the account] then removing them from your family shouldn't cause any complications.

However, if their account is not an "Adult" account, then they will be unable to make any configurations to their

Privacy and online safety settings
    on their account, and it could cause trouble when trying to play certain multiplayer games that require specific settings on their account.

Additionally, you might want to take a look at the
    Home Xbox
    feature, as this could allow you to share both one subscription and any games you purchase on your account. You can read up on how to configure

this
    here.

I hope this was able to clarify any confusion or turmoil this might have caused.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Unlink two Xbox accounts

Does he have his own account under you as in your family or is he using your account? As the top poster said, change your password if he is using your account. If he is in your family you can remove him from your family in your account settings.
  4. Stephen3434 Win User

Unlink two Xbox accounts

He does have his own account. I changed my password. Next I guess I'll remove his accounts from my family. Thanks for the info.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Unlink two Xbox accounts

Hi there Stephen,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is a question about accessing the Live account. I recommend to try

changing your account password

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  6. claudioramos123 Win User

How to unlink playstation account

How do i unlink a playstation account from windows?
    I linked my wifes Microsoft acount to my ps4 by a accident. Is there a way to unlink hers so i can link mine. Pls

I did the same thing but i have two accounts but i didnt remember which account was my best microsoft account and then i choose the wrong account but i cant unlink the wrong account is there a way on the microsft page to unlink the ps4 account?
Thema:

Unlink two Xbox accounts

1. Unlink two Xbox accounts - Similar Threads - Unlink accounts

2. Unlinking microsoft account from ps4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unlinking microsoft account from ps4: I attempted to try and fix this back in December and I figured it must be fixed by now, but nope. There's still an issue where I'm unable to unlink my brothers Microsoft account from my PS4. I...
  3. Xbox Developer Account Linking and Unlinking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Developer Account Linking and Unlinking: So my stepson has had external accounts linked to his Xbox account (EA being one of them) which he is aware of but I am wondering if it is possible to unlink these from his Xbox profile in order...
  4. Unlink my Microsoft account from my Playstation account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unlink my Microsoft account from my Playstation account: Hi, I recently got a new Microsoft account due to an issue with my old one. I was wondering if it is possible to unlink my previous Microsoft account and connect my new one. On Minecraft, it...
  5. Unlinking playstation account and adding a different one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unlinking playstation account and adding a different one: A few months ago I linked wrong Microsoft account to my playstation to play Minecraft. This account is set up weirdly and so I can not access cros platform play. It saysomething like cannot...
  6. Why Can't I Actually Unlink My Microsoft Account On Minecraft PS4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can't I Actually Unlink My Microsoft Account On Minecraft PS4: When I use the settings and unlink the account. Then I use my new account. But it still saying I have to sign in my previous account. It kept on and on but I can't sign in new one and unlink old...
  7. Unlink twitter account on game bar for windows 10?

in XboX Insiders
    Unlink twitter account on game bar for windows 10?: Hey guys, does anyone know how does one unlink his twitter account from the game bar app on Windows 10? I've accidentally linked one on mine a while ago and I'm not sure how to revert it back to...
  8. Unlinking xbox account from minecraft ps4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unlinking xbox account from minecraft ps4: Good evenings fellow retards, I would like to ask a question regarding the following sentence: How do you unlink an xbox account from minecraft ps4 when you're logged out of ps4 and don't have any...
  9. How to unlink a account from minecraft without signing in to it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to unlink a account from minecraft without signing in to it: So i forgot the email of my account i used to sign in to my minecraft for ps4 and now i cant sign in to it or unlink it i remember the name tag but i doubt that would help. I dont mind loosing...
  10. Unlinking Microsoft account from ps4 Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unlinking Microsoft account from ps4 Minecraft: So i have been trying to sign into minecraft with my new account for about a month. I have read that you need to sign into the unwanted account but what do i do if the unwanted account is...