Unlink Xbox Gamertag on Microsoft account to add an Alias

Discus and support Unlink Xbox Gamertag on Microsoft account to add an Alias in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm trying to unlink a Xbox Gamertag that im not using on my Microsoft Account so that I can use it as an Alias on my old Microsoft Account wich was... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Robzi002, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Robzi002
    Robzi002 Guest

I'm trying to unlink a Xbox Gamertag that im not using on my Microsoft Account so that I can use it as an Alias on my old Microsoft Account wich was created on gmail. If this is possible please help me out >_<

:)

Robzi002, Dec 3, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Robzi002! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You can't unlink a Xbox account from an Email, this is only achievable if you completely delete the email, but then you won't be able to use it on a different Xbox account
  3. Lillithvain Win User

Account Problem

Login to the website http://www.account.live.com with the Microsoft Account that you created with windows phone. Where it says "(primary alias)" there is a link below that says "add or change aliases".
    The next page will allow you to add or create a new email alias. Once you have added the new e-mail alias you can remove the previous email. After that email is gone it will be free of the account and you can then add that as the primary alias on your preferred
    gamertag. Simply login on the Microsoft Account that you want to use that email on and follow the same procedure as above.
  4. DustinClaeys Win User

Remove Gamertag from windows live ID

Sign into your Microsoft account (formerly known as windows live id) on account.live.com

On the OVERVIEW page that says "Account Summary" at the top, click on Add or Change Alias (found under the name and birthday).

On the next page click on Add Alias and then create a new Microsoft email address.

Make the new email the primary alias and then remove the old email that you want to use.

This will then associate your old/unused gamertag to that new email and will make your old email available to use on the different gamertag.

There will be a 30-day waiting period before you can create a new Microsoft account using that removed email address.
  5. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Transferring sons Xbox gamertag from my Hotmail account to my Xbox .gmail account.

6. Mister Quimby Win User

Changing your email associated with your gamertag

Hey SilverTippedIce!

I am sorry to hear about the account issues and your Xbox 360. Just to make sure that I understand you correctly, are you trying to remove your dad's email that is attached to your gamertag so that he can create a new gamertag? If this is correct then it
    is possible to accomplish. Keep in mind if you remove your dad's alias, it will take 30 days before he can use that alias to create a new gamertag. Also, any balance that is associated with the alias you are removing is not transferable to the new alias
    that you add/create. You can make these changes following the steps below.

Try these steps to change the alias on your account:

• Sign into account.live.com with your current Microsoft Account.
    • Select Aliases on the left pane.
    • Under Account aliases click the button to Add alias.
    • Select the radio button for Create a new email address and add it as an alias.
    • Enter your desired username and click Add Alias.
    • After you create the new alias, you can remove the existing alias.
    • Once you have removed your dads alias, you can set the new alias as the primary.
    • Click account aliases.
    • Click make primary under the alias you want as your primary.
    Please let us know if we can assist further and we will be standing by.
Thema:

1. Unlink Xbox Gamertag on Microsoft account to add an Alias - Similar Threads - Unlink Gamertag Microsoft

2. Epic account unlink from MS side

in XBoX on Consoles
    Epic account unlink from MS side: A long time ago I created an epic account and linked my xbl account to it. For reasons, I had that account deactivated, but my xbl account is still stuck linked to it, and I cant unlink it. Epic...
  3. Minecraft unlinking

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft unlinking: When my daughter joined minecraft and microsoft she did not have her own ps4 account. So she played on mine. We have now created user areas for all 3 kids. However in comes the issue of signing...
  4. account is being used for someone else's xbox gamertag without my consent. how do i unlink it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    account is being used for someone else's xbox gamertag without my consent. how do i unlink it?: so, i was trying to link my xbox gamertag to my microsoft account, and when i logged into xbox site using my microsoft account, i found that someone else was using it. how do i unlink it and keep...
  5. unlink an account from my gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    unlink an account from my gamertag: I am trying to link my Xbox account to my ea account, but apparently, my Gamertag is already linked to an EA account but I have gone through all of the EA accounts I know that I have and it isn't...
  6. Unlink XBOX Gamertag from Email Address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unlink XBOX Gamertag from Email Address: Good evening, I currently have an issue with email addresses and Gamertags and was hoping you could clarify. I have an email address which I use as my primary email. This was used to also...
  7. Desvincular gamertag de mi cuenta Microsoft. [Translation - Unlink Gamertag from my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Desvincular gamertag de mi cuenta Microsoft. [Translation - Unlink Gamertag from my...: ¡Hola! Quisiera saber la manera en que puedo desvincular mi GT de mi cuenta Microsoft. Tengo dos cuentas Microsoft y ambas están asociadas a un GT, sin embargo, una cuenta Microsoft ya no la uso...
  8. How to unlink my xbox 1 gamertag drom twitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to unlink my xbox 1 gamertag drom twitch: I want to know how do I unlink my gamertag from twitch because the Xbox Live enforcement team had decided to ban my account for life and now the gamertag was linked with Xbox and now I want to...
  9. how to unlink ea acces from gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to unlink ea acces from gamertag?: my problem is that it links an incorrect email to my gamertag. how do i link a new email? 25abe818-db79-4398-9cde-fe9c74a4d74d
  10. How can i unlink my gamertag from facebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can i unlink my gamertag from facebook?: I have an old facebook which i no longer need and want to switch it to a new account. how can i unlink and switch to a new account? i tried checking facebook for the xbox live app, which i no...