Unlinking Activision Accounts for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Discus and support Unlinking Activision Accounts for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to unlink a gamertag from an Activision account on the Microsoft side? The option to do it on the Activision site no longer works. When... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AlyseNovetti, Oct 28, 2019.

1. AlyseNovetti
    AlyseNovetti Guest

Is there a way to unlink a gamertag from an Activision account on the Microsoft side? The option to do it on the Activision site no longer works. When you click on "Unlink" it says unlinking is not available for this platform, and when on the Account Settings
    tab while in the actual game it says to contact Call of Duty/Activision support, but they have been completely unresponsive and their customer service phone number just redirects you back to the website. A background of my situation: my boyfriend played the
    beta on my Xbox, and linked his existing Activision account to my gamertag. For the actual launch of the game, he bought it for PC, and I have it on Xbox (so we can crossplay together) however I can't play on the Xbox because my gamertag is linked to his account
    from the beta. I can't create a new Activision account because when entering my Microsoft account info, it just redirects to his existing account.

I've seen a lot of other users with the same issue, and there hasn't been any response from Activision/Call of Duty on any of the threads on Reddit, etc regarding this. Is there something Microsoft can do to unlink our accounts?

:)

AlyseNovetti, Oct 28, 2019
  2. BigB EC Win User

Misleading customers/false advertising and refunds?

Official word was by activision

Question. Can I play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered without buying Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Answer. "No, you must own Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare in order to get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered."
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi AlyseNovetti,

Thanks for updating us with your replies! As you've opened a ticket with Activision, and they're currently working to fully resolve this issue for you, we'll be locking the thread at this time.

If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel
    free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
  4. Cougi1904 Win User

I have the total same Problem like You. I bought the game on Playstation 4 and on PC. I will play together with my wife. The ps4 and the PC linked automatically to the same Call of duty account and if i log into PC the Game kicked my wife out of the PS4
    Game. I wrote tickets since launch but activision does nothing to help me till today. So bad :(

Sorry for my bad english.
  5. xxMadDog627xx Win User

If you are trying to link your xbox and PS to one account. deactivate one of the accounts by login on to activision website---go to profile---select preferences---scroll to the bottom and his deactivate. once you do that you can link the other account
    to that system.
  6. AlyseNovetti Win User

I tried the same thing and I agree! We should be able to stop another platform from accessing our Microsoft data via the Microsoft site. Apparently there’s a workaround similar to this for UK residents, according to their privacy laws I believe they can
    ask to have their data completely wiped from Activision, which would force the account to reset.
Thema:

1. Unlinking Activision Accounts for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Similar Threads - Unlinking Activision Accounts

2. how to unlink Fortnite account through Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to unlink Fortnite account through Xbox: I would unlink my account through the website but I am having some trouble which they don't want to fix so I am trying to do it through Xbox. If you have any ideas then, please reply....
  3. Unlinking Epic Games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unlinking Epic Games: I have searched nearly everywhere on the internet for the answer for this. I was hacked one day but got my account back but the hacker linked their epic games account to my xbox account and now I...
  4. unlinking a ubisoft account from a microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    unlinking a ubisoft account from a microsoft account: so i have a problem,a ubisoft account is linked to my xbox account but the ubisoft account is not my ubisoft account,how do i check the account that is linked and/or unlink it...
  5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) - Unlinking Activision Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) - Unlinking Activision Account: As some people may already be wondering... “why cant I unlink my (Xbox, PSN, Battlenet etc) from activision” I submitted a ticket hopefully they will fix with a worldwide fox to enable users...
  6. Unlink Xbox From Epic Games Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unlink Xbox From Epic Games Account: Hi Microsoft, Ive recenlty bought a fornite account and cannot connect my xbox account to epic games because it says that the epic games account has previously been linked to another xbox...
  7. Unlink Epic Games Account, 2019

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unlink Epic Games Account, 2019: I have read the old post, and think that I cannot unlink the account on xbox.com is ridiculous! Because by linking the account, I authorized Epic to check my xbox profile etc. Since Epic is...
  8. Unlink two Xbox accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unlink two Xbox accounts: Hi. My kid has his own Xbox and is linked to my live account. He isn't with me at the moment and has his xbox with him. Is there a way I can block him so he can't access my live account anymore...
  9. how to unlink EA account from xbox live account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to unlink EA account from xbox live account?: So apparently my account got hacked and linked to an EA account. When opening FIFA 19, it asks me about some email, if it's me and if so, to put in some password. This was new for me, it wouldn't...
  10. Need Help unlinking controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need Help unlinking controller: i have recently been trying to disconnect my xbox one controller from my xbox console. I didn’t know if there was a way to do this, but there is, can someone please help me?...