Unreasonable XBOX Live Communications Suspension

Discus and support Unreasonable XBOX Live Communications Suspension in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My account was suspended for 28 hours after I sent a message containing benign profanity to a fellow player after a match of PLAYERUNKNOWN'S... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LambsMemeFamily, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Unreasonable XBOX Live Communications Suspension

My account was suspended for 28 hours after I sent a message containing benign profanity to a fellow player after a match of PLAYERUNKNOWN'S Battlegrounds, in which said player was inexplicably glitching into a rock and eliminating several players from
    that glitched position; none of those players including myself were unable to locate nor return fire to that particular player, and after spectating him it confirmed my suspicions. I did not want to go full out in my insults, so I simply sent a message containing
    one word - a profane word - and within one minute I was suspended. I have several problems with this: one, a player, especially one who glitches as a means to obtain victory, should not be able to just report someone for confronting them on the matter, this
    gives the 'cheater' power and gives him the notion that this is okay to continue doing. Two, I know for a fact that if I reported him for glitching, he would not be suspended whatsoever. This tells me that the XBOX Live Enforcement staff are more concerned
    with censoring our speech (the First Amendment supersedes your cute little liberal policies) than punishing an unfair method of gaming (dare I say, exploiting). Three, the fact that there is no warning-of-suspension and you halfwits simply go straight to suspension
    OF ANY KIND tells me that you guys are just holding your balls and your egos at this point. As a *human being*, I reserve the right to get angry and anything less than physical violence is all game regardless of how you feel about it. I made no threats towards
    the player or his associates, nor did I myself stoop to his level; I said a 'cuss' word. Get the hell over it, kids. I've been a customer of the XBOX brand since 2011, and not once have I been punished for simple profanity as far as I can remember. Your policies
    change, all of the sudden? Get your heads out of your rear ends and grow up; the staff enforcing these rules are supposed to be adults. And so my question is: why the hell am I suspended?

:)

LambsMemeFamily, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Cant hear anyone in game and party

Communications Suspensions
    Communication suspensions are imposed due to inappropriate conduct during communication activities on Xbox Live. This suspension blocks an account from accessing any communication features on Xbox Live, including text messages, voice messages, video communications,
    Skype on Xbox One, in-game chat, and party chat. Communications suspensions are issued for a specified temporary duration, often of 1, 7, or 14 days.

During a communications suspension the account may continue to access the Xbox Live service, including online multiplayer. At the conclusion of the suspension all communication functionality will be automatically restored.

Daft Badger, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Communication suspension question

Communications Suspensions
    Communication suspensions are imposed due to inappropriate conduct during communication activities on Xbox Live. This suspension blocks an account from accessing any communication features on Xbox Live, including text messages, voice
    messages, video communications, Skype on Xbox One, in-game chat, and party chat. Communications suspensions are issued for a specified temporary duration, often of 1, 7, or 14 days.

During a communications suspension the account may continue to access the Xbox Live service, including online multiplayer. At the conclusion of the suspension all communication functionality will be automatically restored.

Daft Badger, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

It doesn't matter how a situation starts. If you respond in a way that violates the code of conduct, you can be suspended. It's best to just report the other person (yes, the enforcement team would investigate him and ban him) and block communications
    with them. Profanity has always been a violation of the code of conduct (which is your warning), nothing has changed there, so even if you haven't been suspended for it in the past, it doesn't mean it's allowed.

Smwutches, Sep 11, 2018
  5. pawncrackers
    pawncrackers Guest
    Hi there,

Regrettably, there is nothing we can do here in the forums, in regards to actions taken by the Enforcement team.

Please check the Enforcements section of this page, and also, the email address associated with your Gamertag, for more information. Xbox Enforcement | How Do I

You can appeal your suspension, if it's for over 24 hours, by visiting this page: Xbox Enforcement | How Do I

If your appeal is unsuccessful, we advise you to learn from your mistakes and ride out your suspension time.

Best,

L

pawncrackers, Sep 11, 2018
  6. fleky321
    fleky321 Guest
    So basically what you are saying that we get no actual alert that warns us of our behaviour. But you seem to care more about swearing and profanities than the actual situation. Normally before a ban is place there is monitering then suitable action taken.
    Not going to lie i got slapped with a 28 hour ban for calling a hacker a bad word which he then said enjoy your ban. Seriously hackers and modders make people rage and then get them banned when they say something. Its stupid. If microsoft and xbox live dont
    sort there stuff out and actually investigate situations then i can safely say i will shut my account down and go over to playstation.

fleky321, Sep 11, 2018
  7. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Microsoft considers the code of conduct and terms of service you agree to when you sign up to be your warning. They don't give any other warnings before a suspension.

Playstation has similar rules.

Smwutches, Sep 11, 2018
  8. fleky321
    fleky321 Guest

Be honest how many of your live customers read the code of conduct. Yes playstation has similar rules but they give out warnings for profanities before they ban and remove plus. I just cant get my head around why xbox is so rigid on their rules. I hear
    kids on games saying everything under the sun and nothing happens to them. So how can you justify 1 message for a ban?

fleky321, Sep 11, 2018
  9. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    I don't think that's anything anyone here would know. None of us work for Microsoft either so they're not our customers.

If that 1 message violates the code of conduct, then it warrants a suspension. It's that simple.

Smwutches, Sep 11, 2018
  10. fleky321
    fleky321 Guest
    I still think there should be a warning message in place that doesnt include the code of conduct for players who have been a part of xbox for many years. Or have a 2 step procedure to resolve such issues. But you are right you dont work for microsoft and
    will never be able to give a truthful answer other than if it breaks the code of conduct then it warrents a ban. Thank you and good night.

fleky321, Sep 11, 2018
  11. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Playstation might need to have warnings, because their system doesn't allow for PSN ID changes, and without a warning, they would immediately ban the account completely.

Consider the TEMPORARY suspensions for 24 hours as your warning.

Microsoft continues to WARN you for a week, then a month, and eventually after enough warnings happened on your account, they then permanently suspend you from the Live service.

As you say for yourself: People tend not to read stuff. So Microsoft doesn't bother to send a warning, that goes unread anyways.

But being unable to use something for 24 hours usually gets the point across as a warning.

Arminator, Sep 11, 2018
  12. You may have violated the code of conducts and if it were voice chatting, the risks of being reported is high. I would have only stick with a silent gaming.

Radiant Sword X, Sep 11, 2018
  13. fleky321
    fleky321 Guest

Yeah because sticking with silent gaming always works. What about when say im getting alot of grief through voice chat and have no record of it if i report it will they get banned or will it just be a case of brush it under the rug as there is no hard
    evidence? One rule for one person and another for another. Its stupid. Might aswell ban everyone for breaking the code because everyone does it. Regardless of if they are using voice or text chat. Everyone has broken the code at some point!!

fleky321, Sep 12, 2018
  14. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    I haven't broken the code of conduct and haven't been suspended in over 11 years on Xbox Live.

But to your concern: If you report grief through voice chat, be aware that Enforcers can drop into a multiplayer session or party chat, if reports happen, and they can and will suspend people if they violate the terms of use or code of conduct there.

Until that happens, do NOT respond to those griefers or trolls. Use the console's block feature, to block those specific profiles that harass you, and have the Enforcement Team handle the rest.

Arminator, Sep 12, 2018
  15. fleky321
    fleky321 Guest
    So what you are saying is you have never lost your temper at someone on a game. Hats off to you. Previous experience of me reporting people for abusing during game chat resulted in nothing which is why i have my doubts in the system. And what your telling
    me to do is allow myself to get given grief have the mick taken out of me even to an extent be bullied. Nope not going to happen. I life by if your big enough to give it then your big enough to take it. Not for anyone am i getting bullied or abused.

fleky321, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Unreasonable XBOX Live Communications Suspension - Similar Threads - Unreasonable Live Communications

2. Unreasonable NTFS constraints for game install (error 80073d13)

in XBoX on Windows
    Unreasonable NTFS constraints for game install (error 80073d13): Hello, I have again a problem of a game not installing on my PC, this is now "No man's sky", included in Xbox game pass PC. My Xbox App si up to date (version 2005.1001.22.0), my Windows 10 is up...
  3. Unable to Appeal Unreasonable Ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Appeal Unreasonable Ban: I recieved a communication ban on Xbox Live for a reason that I am unaware of. I would like to appeal the ban, but it does not give me an option to do so. I have appealed a similar ban in the...
  4. Unreasonable Ban

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unreasonable Ban: Yesterday on 11/05/2020 I received a ban on displaying my name to friends and friends on Xbox. It is deemed that I went against the code of conduct by having the name "Verified Developer" I have...
  5. Unreasonable situations with communication ban

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unreasonable situations with communication ban: I was banned from communications today and its been hell. The reason i was banned to begin with was a couple guys playing Rainbow 6 were being toxic so when they spammed party invites and started...
  6. Faux signalement abusive [Translation - False Unreasonable reporting]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faux signalement abusive [Translation - False Unreasonable reporting]: Bonjour, j'aurais besoin d'aide car je ne sais pas quoi faire, le compte de mon enfant été sanctionné plusieurs reprises, alors qu'il n'y a aucune raison. Je pense qu'une ou plusieurs personnes le...
  7. Unreasonable suspension

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unreasonable suspension: This morning my account out of no where received a suspension. I have done nothing to receive this suspension in any way shape or form . It's only a one day suspension but I play in madden...
  8. 30 day waiting time to change security settings is unreasonable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    30 day waiting time to change security settings is unreasonable.: just got an Xbox one s for my son for his birthday, he cannot go online and play games such as minecraft due to security settings. Tried to sort this out all afternoon with no luck, the I've no...
  9. Unreasonable Suspension

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unreasonable Suspension: So on my account , I recently got supsneded on for 2 weeks. I did not do anything wrong, but when i called the xbox customer service i asked how long it takes for a suspension to process and he...
  10. Enforcement Team Hammers Unreasonable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Enforcement Team Hammers Unreasonable: I was recently banned from all XBL communications for a lapse momentarily in judgement. Now I am trying to vent my frustrations and hopefully reach the right circuits in which my case will be...