Unsubscribing from Ultimate Game Pass-- do I lose my remaining months of Xbox Live?

Discus and support Unsubscribing from Ultimate Game Pass-- do I lose my remaining months of Xbox Live? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all-- I am thinking about joining XBox Game Pass Ultimate to take advantage of the $2 for 2 months trial. I already have an XBox Live Gold account... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sapphoiseau, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Sapphoiseau
    Sapphoiseau Guest

Unsubscribing from Ultimate Game Pass-- do I lose my remaining months of Xbox Live?

Hi all-- I am thinking about joining XBox Game Pass Ultimate to take advantage of the $2 for 2 months trial. I already have an XBox Live Gold account (playing on XBox One console) and that doesn't expire for another year. Will I lose my remaining year of
    XBox Gold if I cancel the Game Pass Ultimate at the end of the two months trial (at which point I would still have about 10 months left on my Live Gold account)?

I don't want to sign up if it's going to cost me $80 to get the $2 for 2 months trial due to what XBox is calling a "conversion" where the Live Gold account 'converts' into the Ultimate. It is unclear whether I can go back to my original Live Gold account
    until it runs out. It looks like when I cancel Ultimate, I have to cancel the whole thing, including the Live Gold which has been 'converted' into the Ultimate. This is a bit of a sneaky way to force people to stay with Ultimate if this is the case. Does anyone
    know if this is the case? The Xbox website is all about the salespitch with very little in the way of clear 'this is how it works/ cost' information for consumers. Much appreciated, thanks everyone!

:)

Sapphoiseau, Sep 26, 2019
  2. AssertiveGrub90 Win User

The conversion is free so it is actually a very good deal. Basically what will happen when you pay the $2 to sign up is that you will go from having 10 months of just gold to having 12 months of gold plus game pass. There is nothing in the standard gold
    membership that isn't in ultimate gamepass so there would be no reason to go back once the two months are over and this wouldn't be possible anyway.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Saph,

Thanks for coming to the forums. As Smwutches stated once you sign up for game pass ultimate, Xbox live subscription converts to the ultimate also. You can view the

FAQ for game pass ultimate
    for more details.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Smwutches Win User

Yes, if you sign up for the promotion the remaining gold you have will be cancelled and converted to the Ultimate Game Pass (so you would end up with 12 months of Ultimate). If you cancel Ultimate before it ends, you will also be cancelling your gold since
    it is tied into Ultimate.
  5. ItsLC Gaming Win User

you can turn auto renew off and then just use the remaining time on ultimate

since cancelling it will cancel the gold
  6. Heli_AV8R Win User

Will Cancelling GamePass Impact my Live Gold Content?

If you buy Ultimate Game Pass it will convert your current gold into that subscription. So you would lose your gold subscription if you decide to cancel. If you were to just buy a separate Game Pass for console (or PC) subscription, it will remain
    separate from your gold subscription. So if you cancel the game pass, you will still have gold.
    Thank you so much, you saved me from making a mistake!

I meant to clarify my question, I was going to check out Game Pass Ultimate. I saw an article that said I could get it for $1 for the 1st month and Microsoft would give me Game Pass for the remaining months on my existing Live Gold account (up to 36).
    However, I'm not willing to lose my Live Gold saved games if I decide to cancel Game Pass Ultimate.
Thema:

1. Unsubscribing from Ultimate Game Pass-- do I lose my remaining months of Xbox Live? - Similar Threads - Unsubscribing Ultimate Game

2. How can I unsubscribe from a Pass that keeps telling me to pay while it's been months that...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I unsubscribe from a Pass that keeps telling me to pay while it's been months that...: The title says it all, how can I unsubscribe from Xbox Game Pass which keeps telling me to pay 9.99, while it's been months that I don't play, I'm not using this pass, but I can't unsubscribe and...
  3. Air Fighters Subscription unsubscribed after Windows Update

in XBoX on Windows
    Air Fighters Subscription unsubscribed after Windows Update: I purchased many jets in Air Fighters Game by RORTOS After my windows got updated to Version 1903, all subscriptions are unsubscribed. It seems my money got wasted. Please let me know how I can...
  4. gears of wars 1 and 2 have been unsubscribed from xbox live in 360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    gears of wars 1 and 2 have been unsubscribed from xbox live in 360.: today I realized that in console xbox 360 does not run gears 1 and 2 connected to live, i n addition to that the content was removed as themes and player images, the doubt I have is whether or...
  5. XBOX의 게임인 PE마인크래프트의 REALM서비스 구독해지를 할 수 없습니다 (Mod Translation: You can't unsubscribe from...

in XBoX on Mobile
    XBOX의 게임인 PE마인크래프트의 REALM서비스 구독해지를 할 수 없습니다 (Mod Translation: You can't unsubscribe from...: 도대체 매달 만원이 결 되는 서비스 구독 해지는 이 게 찾기 힘들게해놓은지 이해가 안되네요 벌써 몇개월치가 결 됐는데 환불도 안 테 어도 해지 그 시발놈의 해지 좀 찾기 쉽게 연동되면 어디가 덧납니까? 다른 것도 아니 PE마인크래프트, 마인크래프트 어플의 료REALM서비스를 해지하여 매달 기 으로 결 되는 좇같은 그 만원좀 아끼 싶다는데 시발...
  6. XBOX GAME PASS ABONELİK İPTALİ [Unsubscribe from XBOX GAME PASS ]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    XBOX GAME PASS ABONELİK İPTALİ [Unsubscribe from XBOX GAME PASS ]: Merhabalar, 22 Ocak 2019 tarihinde Xbox Game Pass aboneliğimin süresi doldu ve bende iptal etmeyi unuttum. Hizmetler ve abonelikler kısmından "İptal et" butonunu göremiyorum onun yerine...
  7. Why is it so hard to find a way to unsubscribe from a chat???? I should have a button in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it so hard to find a way to unsubscribe from a chat???? I should have a button in...: Why is it so hard to find a way to unsubscribe from a chat???? I should have a button in the email I recieved 958ee613-d60b-4215-978c-2c0cb699f968
  8. Annullamento abbonamento Xbox live Gold [Unsubscribing Xbox Live Gold]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Annullamento abbonamento Xbox live Gold [Unsubscribing Xbox Live Gold]: Buongiorno, Ho intenzione di annullare il mio abbonamento Xbox live Gold. Sul sito ho letto di recarsi sulla pagina "servizi e abbonamenti" ma tuttavia il mio abbonamento non risulta e sto...
  9. unsubscribe

in XBoX on Consoles
    unsubscribe: I want to Close xbox live gold now and get a refund or else I'm going to sue Microsoft because I'm telling you it's going to end on 09/07/2018 2d1fcf4c-a677-4197-a795-c2f36f59e961
  10. How do I unsubscribe from Premium Edition Solitaire?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I unsubscribe from Premium Edition Solitaire?: I did not knowingly sign up to this and wish to unsubscribe from it immediately 8d69d160-5925-48ad-8418-37da121102d2