Unwanted numbers in gamertag after i changed it.

Discus and support Unwanted numbers in gamertag after i changed it. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, i just changed my gamertag and i have numbers in my gt now, which i didn't type. When i was changing it it said #2312 in gray behind the name i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ThijmenLooymans, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:04 AM.

1. Unwanted numbers in gamertag after i changed it.

Hello,

i just changed my gamertag and i have numbers in my gt now, which i didn't type. When i was changing it it said #2312 in gray behind the name i wanted to change it, but it never said that those numbers were part of my gt. It said my gt without the numbers
    was avaiIable so i didn't think much of it and idon't know what to do now and if i want to change it again it will cost €10. Can someone please help me?

Thanks.

:)

ThijmenLooymans, Dec 3, 2019 at 8:04 AM
  2. DoubleDRAGON666 Win User

I believe ALL new gamertags have the numbers at the end now, regardless of if they are taken or not. It's just so people can now have the same name and the extra numbers make the name unique now.
  3. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

The added numbers at the end of your new gamertag are a result of the update to the gamertag system that's been slowly but surely rolled out in full over the last couple of months. The numbers should only show up for you and will only be relevant if someone
    is looking to add you by name. You should check out this FAQ about it from Xbox Support. It would be very helpful to you to be able to understand how the new change works out by reading it.

https://support.xbox.com/en-PH/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/gamertag-updates-faq
  4. Niko1664 Win User

It's just the suffix with the last gamertag update.
  5. MinenMyBiz Win User

It's a free switch with a suffix, other wise you can pay 10 to switch it
  6. x Sarasaurus x Win User

I believe if this happens when the original version of the gamer tag is already in use, it will give a # followed by numbers. I could be wrong so perhaps another member may confirm.

But you mention that it showed up before you changed it? So my guess would be that, it was an indication that your gt would have these numbers.

You may reach out to support here

Xbox customer support

Be sure to be logged into your account, as they will be able to have a better look to see what might of been the issue.
Thema:

1. Unwanted numbers in gamertag after i changed it. - Similar Threads - Unwanted numbers gamertag

2. Unwanted game save sync from sons Xbox account to my Microsoft store PC account

in XBoX on Windows
    Unwanted game save sync from sons Xbox account to my Microsoft store PC account: So this might take a bit to explain. I don't own a xbox, my son does at his mums house. Due to xbox game pass currently being a great price for PC I decided to give it a go. My son had...
  3. New Test Dashboard - Group "B" - the option to remove unwanted sections.

in XboX Insiders
    New Test Dashboard - Group "B" - the option to remove unwanted sections.: It's not perfect as I think the first row of tiles should be aligned to the top of the large main tile, and the "My Games & Apps" tile could be a bit smaller but the fact that we, the users, can...
  4. How can I cancel a purchase that is unwanted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I cancel a purchase that is unwanted?: How can I cancel a purchase that is unwanted? 87c0408b-f464-4a56-82ac-a1f5dbc97df7
  5. Cobrança Indesejada (Unwanted Charging)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cobrança Indesejada (Unwanted Charging): Boa noite, gostaria de saber se vocês poderiam retirar uma cobrança referente a (xbox game pass - 3 meses) que esta tentando passar no meu cartão porem eu esqueci de tirar e nem estou usando o...
  6. Mahjong - unerwünschte Werbung [Translate] Mahjong-unwanted advertising

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mahjong - unerwünschte Werbung [Translate] Mahjong-unwanted advertising: Guten Tag, es öffnet sich seit heute, sobald ich ein Spiel in Mahjong starte, ein Fenster in meinem Standardbrowser: [Translate by Mod] Good day It's been opening since today, as soon as I...
  7. Unwanted username change (someone else changed it without my authority)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unwanted username change (someone else changed it without my authority): I have been playing online with this man for almost six years now and one day he told me that we should share one of my accounts to gain experience quicker. Since I had known this man for so long...
  8. fenêtres intempestives [Translation - unwanted windows]

in XBoX on Windows
    fenêtres intempestives [Translation - unwanted windows]: Bonjour Quand je joue Microsoft solitaire ou mahjong des fenêtres intempestives s'ouvrent. j'en ai bloqué plusieurs mais de nouvelles continuent venir que dois-je faire ? ------- [Mod...
  9. Unwanted name change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unwanted name change: Why would my gamer tag be changed? Is this gamer tag offensive and thats why i have to pay or was it simply a money grab? 70c3a787-771c-4cf6-9bbc-74c02f1e4c86
  10. Unintentional / unwanted game purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unintentional / unwanted game purchase: Hello, I have a problem (I apologize in advance for my English). I will describe it in the shortest possible way: I noticed on my bank account today that a very large amount of money disappeared,...