Update confusion

Discus and support Update confusion in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I woke up today hoping to update one of my games, it didnt download immediatley so i kept clicking pause. That did not work so i turned off my xbox so... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by haydenbonser, May 19, 2020.

1. haydenbonser
    haydenbonser Guest

Update confusion

I woke up today hoping to update one of my games, it didnt download immediatley so i kept clicking pause. That did not work so i turned off my xbox so i could try again, it says updating but it isnt downloading the 103mb file, its downloading the full
    106gb game. Please help me with finding out what is happening

:)

haydenbonser, May 19, 2020
  2. haydenbonser Win User

Update confusion

But i’ve done this before and this hasnt happened before
  3. Smwutches Win User

Update confusion

When you cancel an update it causes the system to have to redownload the entire game plus the update.
  4. Reactor Leak SF Win User

Update confusion

I noticed that you said it is a 106 GB file. Sounds to me like it is modern warfare although I could be wrong as there are some other games that are that big. Regardless, I would typically tell people that are downloading a file that big to do it in one
    shot and not resume later as there are just too many variables that can get screwed up during a download. Then next thing you know you downloaded a 106 GB file that won’t work, Will have to delete it, and then do it all over again.
  5. PwnageTacoz12 Win User

HeroBrine in Minecraft Xbox 360 Edittion?

i think people are confusing "DLC" and "update"... updates are free, DLC costs (most times).
  6. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

4k updates are beyond confusing!!

Psst. Secret way ahead. :)

Hi fellow X owners,

To see if your 4K assets are installed:

Select the game from the games section, press the following on your controller at the same time: RB+LB+Start+Select.

A screen will show up for the game. If you see "Project Scorpio" under Assets Installed, you have the 4K updates.

Some have reported uninstalling and re-installing the game will trigger the update.

[​IMG]
Thema:

Update confusion

1. Update confusion - Similar Threads - Update confusion

2. Netflix Dolby Atmos popping and crackling, distortion even with latest May 2020 updates.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix Dolby Atmos popping and crackling, distortion even with latest May 2020 updates.: I am having random popping and crackling only with Netflix on Xbox One. The Dolby Atmos app demos work perfectly and no crackling. Blu-Ray discs with Atmos work perfectly. This is a...
  3. Automatische Spiele-Updates funktionieren nicht

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Automatische Spiele-Updates funktionieren nicht: Hallo, seit geraumer Zeit machen sämtliche Spiele keine automatischen Updates mehr. Sie sind immer so lange im Updates-Reiter bis ich sie selbst aktiviere. Ich habe ´Meine Spiele & App immer...
  4. Anyone seen this mysterious updating app? I'm on the Alpha Skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone seen this mysterious updating app? I'm on the Alpha Skip Ahead: [IMG] submitted by /u/its_kuarters [link] [comments]
  5. Just Updated and Now I Cant Connect

in XboX Insiders
    Just Updated and Now I Cant Connect: I signed up for Beta in insider then the update came and my Xbox restarted smoothly but now it just says Connect to Xbox Live. I’ve run the tests and things come back good other than when I test...
  6. Insider update causing Xbox One X to not output video

in XboX Insiders
    Insider update causing Xbox One X to not output video: The console will turn on and the monitor will recognise it as turning on and will turn itself on in turn. Then it goes to no signal received. Every time this happens I have to stream picture from...
  7. New updates got me confused about unnessessary changes

in XboX Insiders
    New updates got me confused about unnessessary changes: The updates just got me confusing one after another, they keep changing unnessessary things like the layout of the dashboard, instead of really fixing something. so if anybody shares my thoughts...
  8. New guide update is confusing for settings and power options

in XboX Insiders
    New guide update is confusing for settings and power options: First i'll say that I like how the new guide has sorted out parties and chats into one concise menu as a social tab where you can invite friends to parties and chat with them, great I personally...
  9. Confused about the new update for Xbox Insiders

in XBoX on Consoles
    Confused about the new update for Xbox Insiders: So I saw where the new update for Beta and Delta insiders came out. I also saw the post that announced what Beta and Delta insiders would be getting access to. However, I'm slightly confused about...
  10. 4k updates are beyond confusing!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    4k updates are beyond confusing!!: So, I am very confused about the 4k updates for games. Call of Duty WW2 is not listed as an enhanced game on my system but it says scorpio assets are installed. Halo 5 is listed under enhanced...