"Update Failed"

Discus and support "Update Failed" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been having problems over the last few weeks with the dashboard interface. I can't do anything on it but I can play online games so I still have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Coldstorm13, May 6, 2014.

1. Coldstorm13
    Coldstorm13 Guest

"Update Failed"

I have been having problems over the last few weeks with the dashboard interface. I can't do anything on it but I can play online games so I still have service. I've tried deleting my profile and re-downloading it. This fixed it once but the error came back.
    I read online about deleting the updated from the storage unit, and that fixed it for a few weeks. The error came back. I then tried deleting the update again and it wouldn't let me re-download the updated. I then tried to download the updated from a USB drive
    and it poped up with "update failed".

I also have another system on the same internet source and it doesn't have any of problems with the system updated. So, I don't think this is a firewall issue.

Can you help me?

:)

Coldstorm13, May 6, 2014
  2. update failed - "system update stopped"

This is support?

What kind of support is this? I started this post a week ago. All I have gotten here is parroting of the information already in the self help sections. Most of the replys were written by guys that obviously didn't take the time to read the posts. I think
    this whole section is designed to frustrate the owners into sending the console in to Microsoft.

This is NOT a repair issue! This is an extortion issue. Microsoft bricked my xbox with an "update" and now they want me to pay to get it fixed. I refuse to give in to extortion. Actually, this is more like the computer equivalent of kidnapping, they are
    holding my xbox for ransom, and I have to pay to get it back. And you are OK with that? I'm not. It's about time to break out the 12ga and my video camera. Youtube, here I come.

Well, well, how about that? There are about 15,000 "xbox shooting w/12ga" already on you tube. Seems I am not alone.

hitekrdnk93360, May 6, 2014
  3. DouGolden23
    DouGolden23 Guest
    update failed - "system update stopped"

so this is definitely a repair issue

you should call xbox give them that status code along with your personal info and they will set up a repair for you..

trust me this is the only resolution your gonna get..

n its a win either way especially if its in warrantee...

as far as you not being able to sign in

why wont it let you sign in??

what do you see?

DouGolden23, May 6, 2014
  4. eG x Thee Elf Win User

no update/update failed

TrickedCircle68,

I'd recommending running through all steps in
    this thread
    first so we know the results of all steps. If this doesn't resolve the problem then I'd recommend creating a new thread in the 00 - 2013 Xbox Dashboard Update forums
    as they were recently created solely for the purpose of troubleshooting console updates. If you have any other questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you,
  5. Misses Joust Win User

no update/update failed

G'day Duke! This thread is from September, so the forum referenced has since been disabled. If there's something you'd like help with, please start a new thread in this forum with details of what's going on. We'll be able to help you best from there. =)
  6. iDavideo Win User

UPDATE FAILED

OMG don't worry I looked at someone else's post of this problem and fixed with the system delete thing

For the others go to system settings and stay in the hard drive part and press LB RB X LB RB X rapidly and in order. This will allow you to redownload previous system updates and the current. Hope this works for you.
  7. ezmac3 Win User

UPDATE FAILED

How are you connected wired or wireless? and please inform us of the network setup that you have, make and model of each device
  8. maniacgamer 23 Win User

Update failed

Nope just tried this " SOLUTION" just like all the other ones it failed miserably nothing came up and once again it failed to update and froze when trying to update. This is past ridiculous now . I copied all of it over to my usb drive in the folder and
    nothing happened it didnt update.
Thema:

"Update Failed"

1. "Update Failed" - Similar Threads - Update Failed

2. : Failing to update xbox 360 software

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Failing to update xbox 360 software: : Failing to update xbox 360 software Hi SM Enayet Mahmood, Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing issues with updating your console. You may want to try Clearing your Xbox 360...
  3. Xbox One X failed update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X failed update: Hey all, booted up my Xbox yesterday and was greeted with "Update time!" which is usually an exciting message. This time, the update fails telling me to check my network connection. After...
  4. brand new xbox failing to update on startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    brand new xbox failing to update on startup: error code 0x8b10000b 0x00000000 0x00000204 source os: 10.0.17133.2022 target os: 10.0.18362.6065 when i check network connection it confirms that something is wrong with the servers and not...
  5. I bought today my xbox one x and he fails on the update

in XboX Insiders
    I bought today my xbox one x and he fails on the update: The Text says: There was a problem with the update Source OS: 10.0.17133.2022 Target OS: 10.0.18362.6065 Error code 0x8B10000B 0x00000000 0x00000204 Edit : I reseted the console and the modem...
  6. XBOX ONE update Error and Failed

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE update Error and Failed: Hi, I have my Xbox One and it wasnt updated for about 1 yr. The problem was when I try to update the console today It stock at 50% and fail. I tried offline update but it also failed to do the...
  7. xBOX ONE s failing to recognise memory stick in UBS when performing an offline update

in XBoX on Consoles
    xBOX ONE s failing to recognise memory stick in UBS when performing an offline update: Our Xbox one s failed to perform an update online and we are getting an E102 error so we are trying to update offline. We have downloaded the offsite update onto a memory stick but the xbox is...
  8. why does my xbox update fail when its verifying the update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox update fail when its verifying the update?: Any time after downloading the update for my xbox one (s) and the verifying part begins, it loads half to about 41% and then I'm given an error. This bothers me a lot because it consumes my data...
  9. HELP! Xbox One keeps failing to update.

in XboX Insiders
    HELP! Xbox One keeps failing to update.: Tried power cycling, soft and hard resets multiple times. Tried offline usb update, still fails. The update always fails every time it reaches about 70% Verifiying, then it says “something went...
  10. PROVIDE A SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUES OF XBOX FAILING ON INITIAL UPDATE WITH NO INFORMATION...

in XBoX on Consoles
    PROVIDE A SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUES OF XBOX FAILING ON INITIAL UPDATE WITH NO INFORMATION...: I just purchased 20 new xbox one's 3 of them are failing on the initial startup update and display this error code: 0x8B050037 0x00000000 0x00000201 I've searched for hours with no results on...