Update failure/Factory Reset?

Discus and support Update failure/Factory Reset? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Update failure/Factory Reset? Hi Twenty0nePiI0ts, Thanks for the reply updating us here on the forums. I can fully appreciate what you're going... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Twenty0nePiI0ts, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Update failure/Factory Reset?

Hi Twenty0nePiI0ts,

Thanks for the reply updating us here on the forums. I can fully appreciate what you're going through as it has happened to me before with my console. Regarding what has happened so far, I'd say you definitely need to try the Offline System Update. As you
    mentioned that you're also an Insider for Preview updates, have you reported this to the

Xbox Insider's Subreddit
    yet? For the most part, traditional troubleshooting & solutions don't work as intended if you're getting preview builds.

If you don't have a Windows 10 PC, then I would recommend borrowing one from a friend or family member for an hour or so (likely less) in order to download & extract the necessary file to get it onto the flash drive. If that also isn't possible, then perhaps
    a public library as that has worked in the past for some other people.

If you do try it, and it still doesn't update, then you may want to look into a repair for your console. You can

set the repair up yourself via your profile from the Devices section of your Microsoft account
    , or you may
    request a call back or chat from Xbox Support and they can further assist you with the repair process.

I hope that this helps a bit more.

:)

Twenty0nePiI0ts, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Twenty0nePiI0ts Win User

I was able to do the startup troubleshooter and get it to factory reset and when i go to set the console up now its still needing the exact same 458mb update as it did before and it still is unable to get past the 25% Verifying. I do not get any error codes
    nor notifications, it just ceases to load anymore. Ive reset the xbox, router, everything, ive never had this issue with a previous update.

Any other ideas before i just go buy a new console? :(

i do not own a PC to do a USB offline update.
  3. Ricardo Cintra Win User

You are Trying using some Insider System? you can try make the update by USB Flash Card
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Twenty0nePiI0ts,

Thanks for the reply updating us here on the forums. I can fully appreciate what you're going through as it has happened to me before with my console. Regarding what has happened so far, I'd say you definitely need to try the Offline System Update. As you
    mentioned that you're also an Insider for Preview updates, have you reported this to the

Xbox Insider's Subreddit
    yet? For the most part, traditional troubleshooting & solutions don't work as intended if you're getting preview builds.

If you don't have a Windows 10 PC, then I would recommend borrowing one from a friend or family member for an hour or so (likely less) in order to download & extract the necessary file to get it onto the flash drive. If that also isn't possible, then perhaps
    a public library as that has worked in the past for some other people.

If you do try it, and it still doesn't update, then you may want to look into a repair for your console. You can

set the repair up yourself via your profile from the Devices section of your Microsoft account
    , or you may
    request a call back or chat from Xbox Support and they can further assist you with the repair process.

I hope that this helps a bit more.
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Twenty0nePiI0ts,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue with updating. If you're having trouble getting to where you can choose to

factory reset the console
    due to this error with the update as it is stuck, then you'll want to try bringing up the
    Xbox Startup Troubleshooter screen to make the selection. First, you should

physically power cycle the console
    , then bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

To bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    3. Press and hold the BIND button (located below the Xbox button on the console) and the
      EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xbox button on the console.
      Note The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition does not have an
      EJECT
      button. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the
      BIND button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button .
    4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

Once there, you can select the Reset this Xbox section to select what type of reset you'd like to perform (the full reset removing everything, or the soft reset that allows you to keep your games & apps installed).
    Please make sure that you know your log in credentials (email address & password) to your profile prior to performing this step as it & any other profile will be removed during the process. Once the console restarts, it should prompt the update to install
    again.

Should it get hung up again at the same spot, then I would recommend an Offline System Update instead. You'll find the steps to do so in our Xbox
    One System Update Solution
    by selecting I NEED TO UPDATE MY CONSOLE OFFLINE. You'll also need a USB flash drive with about 6Gb of space and a Windows 10 PC.

Give this a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you a bit more.
  6. Twenty0nePiI0ts Win User

I also do not own a desktop for the USB download ability.
Thema:

1. Update failure/Factory Reset? - Similar Threads - Update failure Factory

2. Fort nite last update my control failure

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fort nite last update my control failure: since fortnite update this week my control do not work properly 752712f4-33fa-4091-a11d-e933ae8c86ac
  3. Daily Marketplace Update Failure

in XboX Insiders
    Daily Marketplace Update Failure: [IMG] submitted by /u/TheViralCyrix [link] [comments]
  4. Failure to download new update offline

in XBoX on Consoles
    Failure to download new update offline: Hi, I've been trying to update my Xbox One X console and it has gotten to a E code issue. The HDD is fine, but I was wondering being that the update is relatively small is there a flash drive that...
  5. Xbox One X HDMI Failure / IT HAPPENED AGAIN UPDATE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X HDMI Failure / IT HAPPENED AGAIN UPDATE: Well as my previous thread was locked before I could add an update to the repair, I'll have to create a new thread just to post the update. It is an odd one though, yet I somewhat predicted it in...
  6. Unable to connect to server. Software update failure.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to connect to server. Software update failure.: While streaming in xbox video, service cut out. Error code popped up and told me software update failure. Was forced to shut down XBox One and now I am unable to use my online services. Please...
  7. Xbox update failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox update failure: My xbox one (original) can’t seem to make it past 56% on the latest update. It keeps failing and giving me error E100 00000703 80910002. I attempted to do a usb download update, but the bind...
  8. Gears of War 4, had an update failure, got an unfortunate game removal. super worried...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 4, had an update failure, got an unfortunate game removal. super worried...: Kia ora I am a solid Gears of war gamer here. I am a huge supporter of Xbox since halo first release and then on to Gears when it came out. Recently, I have been trudging through Gears 4, since...
  9. System Update Failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    System Update Failure: I've avoided the issues with the original Xbox, I've avoided the RRoD, I've avoided every single problem that has happened to the Xbox line, until now. A few days after installing Hitman 2, my...
  10. Xbox update failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox update failure: Both of my xbox ones keep getting the same update error code ive tried resting both the router & both xboxs please help. [img] 44c439eb-c1de-492b-bb02-e5b2d7fe381a