update from USB

Discus and support update from USB in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My system does not have access to the internet so I followed the steps to download to USB drive. I put it in my console and powered on as instructed... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CharlotteWeaver1, Jul 1, 2019.

1. update from USB

My system does not have access to the internet so I followed the steps to download to USB drive. I put it in my console and powered on as instructed and it does nothing. It sees the USB drive because it sees pictures, music, etc, but will not see the update
    and does not allow me to play any movies from the USB drive. Is there something I am missing or is there another way to get my Xbox 360 to play movies from a thumb drive?

:)

CharlotteWeaver1, Jul 1, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

update from USB

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for coming to the forums. When trying to view the movie, on the dashboard select video then it will ask where from then select USB drive. Important note the thumb drive needs to be formatted for the Xbox 360 which is FAT 32. When you reformat you
    will need to add the movie back.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Timbo99 the gr8 Win User

Updating from USB or CD

It is as if half the update has been completed and wont recognise it to complete the rest. I am having trouble downloading from xbox live so was trying to do it with the usb
  4. Timbo99 the gr8 Win User

Updating from USB or CD

I keep getting prompted for a new update when I try to connect to LIVE. I have downloaded the latest update to USB which does not autoplay when I have pluged in and turn the power on an off.
  5. Timbo99 the gr8 Win User

Updating from USB or CD

Update file has been changed and all good now
  6. Temhotabot Win User

Updating from USB or CD

The usb only initiates the install process. Once it is complete the update is saved on the consoles hdd. Once the update is installed you should remove the usb drive and everything should be fine when you turn the console on each
    time. If you leave the usb drive in with the update on it that would initiate each time you turned on the console.

Once the update is completed you can safely remove the update files from the usb drive so you can still use it with the console for game saves, dlc, etc.
Thema:

update from USB

1. update from USB - Similar Threads - update USB

2. Xbox One USB Offline update problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One USB Offline update problem.: I am trying to update my Xbox One using the offline USB method. I have extracted all files and copied the folder into my NTPS USB stick. The update goes well up until its the first few seconds of...
  3. Brand new Xbox One X won't update and USBs don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One X won't update and USBs don't work: So I brought home a brand new Xbox One X today to replace my existing Xbox One. When it starts up it requires an update, no probs I think. I have it hard wired to modem which worked perfectly 5...
  4. xbox 360 cant read disc and usb for system update gives error 22FB-3CD6-B800-0F00-C000-0013

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox 360 cant read disc and usb for system update gives error 22FB-3CD6-B800-0F00-C000-0013: Good Day My xbox 360 original wants a system update but it doesn't read the disc and usb when trying to update. 87e5d444-0ac9-4bd8-a3e8-4b8e7e531853
  5. XBOX One external usb 3 hard drive not powering up after Oct 2018 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external usb 3 hard drive not powering up after Oct 2018 update: After the October 2018 update to my XBOX One Console, my external usb 3 hard disk(where I have lots of games installed to) is not powering up from a soft power-on with the controller. I have to...
  6. XBox One X Error codes after failed update. Unable to resolve with USB update

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One X Error codes after failed update. Unable to resolve with USB update: Am having problems with an Xbox One x, we don't use it very often and when I went to use it yesterday it started an online update. This failed and I kept getting error code E102 / E105. I tried...
  7. Unable to update Xbox one controller via USB due to below error in Xbox Accessories

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to update Xbox one controller via USB due to below error in Xbox Accessories: Can Anyone advise on the error I get when I connect my Xbox One Wireless Controller to Win 10 machine Via USB? At the point of connecting the controller is when the error first appears and does...
  8. Problem with USB HDD since October update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with USB HDD since October update: Hi. Since the october Update my external USB HDD from Seagate did not go in sleep mode when i turn off the xbox one x. i already do a power cycle and a soft reset. nothing helps ! I also...
  9. Xbox One crashes on startup/reset/update via USB (102/105)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One crashes on startup/reset/update via USB (102/105): Hello, I have a problem with my xbox. I tried to start it after a long time again. But it won't start up. Screen shows Error 102 or 105. I tried to reset it, but screen goes black when I try to....
  10. Can I update a game through a USB?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I update a game through a USB?: I was wondering if I can update a game through a USB? I don't have good internet connection. i wanted to use Starbuck's internet to update call of duty ww2. I got the game late, in early october....