Update games from USB? Or possibly automatically at night?

Discus and support Update games from USB? Or possibly automatically at night? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two Xbox One consoles (one for me, one for my son), and a relatively slow internet at home (< 3 Mbps). However, my work internet is very fast... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BulletSponge38, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Update games from USB? Or possibly automatically at night?

I have two Xbox One consoles (one for me, one for my son), and a relatively slow internet at home (< 3 Mbps). However, my work internet is very fast (100 Mbps). Ideally, I'd like to do one of the following:

• Download updates at work to a USB drive, install them to both consoles when I get home.
    • Download updates on the first console, then copy them (via USB drive?) to the other without having to download same data from the internet again
    • Xbox One automatically downloads updates during the night for all installed games (not just whatever disc happens to be in the console at the time), so download speeds don't matter
    It's very frustrating when we go to play co-op and have to wait then entire night for a 2GB update. Being a single father, I don't get my kids nearly as much as I'd like and I don't want to waste the little time I do have with them waiting for updates!
    I'd rather be playing Xbox One with them!

Does anybody have any suggestions for how to handle this situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time

:)

BulletSponge38, Aug 29, 2014
  2. Updates

Just a tip Xbox Live, but before an update can you possibly warn or give me a message saying "You're console will automatically update in 30 minutes." ? I was just in a rainbow 6 seige match with friends, we literally JUST WON the game but before I could
    get my points to apply to my rank, YOUR UPDATE BOOTED ME OUT OF THE MATCH AND MADE ME AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE. So I lost the points and got de-ranked. Thanks Obama.

IVI SMiLES IVI, Aug 29, 2014
  3. Game install times

you can possibly reduce Installation times by performing disc installations while your console is offline.

when installing from a disc it will automatically search for updates to the same game and download them and by whatever reason the total time in some cases is much higher compared to doing both seperatly.

StefanNeubauer, Aug 29, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

For your first two suggestions I would recommend post in the feedback forums.

Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

The last one is doable though. Simply head to Settings and set your console to Instant On (on with voice) before you head to bed. Any updates that occur over the course of the night will be automatically updated.

While in the Settings area be sure to check out the Network as you'll be able to track your bandwidth now.

onyxishere, Aug 29, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

For your first two suggestions I would recommend post in the feedback forums.

http://xbox.uservoice.com/

The last one is doable though. Simply head to Settings and set your console to Instant On (on with voice) before you head to bed. Any updates that occur over the course of the night will be automatically updated.

While in the Settings area be sure to check out the Network as you'll be able to track your bandwidth now.
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Achievements on XBOX ONE games not working for me.

Recently there have been several updates to X360 BC games installed via automatic update if you have it enabled. If not, check Manage game for possible updates.
  7. AsTrOnAuTHC Win User

Automatic Game updates

Personally, I do not have automatic update of games activated due to disk space issues, but I have friends who tell me that it works. A restart and update of the console from scratch could do.
  8. RippenHarra Win User

Stop Xbox One from updating games

Go into settings>Power and Startup and uncheck automatically install updates.
  9. Dannyy1221 Win User

Constant dsiconnections

The newest it possibly can, and I check manually for updates as well as using the automatic ones.
Thema:

1. Update games from USB? Or possibly automatically at night? - Similar Threads - Update games USB

2. Hey guys! Any reason my friend wouldn't have gotten the new game tab update that was put...

in XboX Insiders
    Hey guys! Any reason my friend wouldn't have gotten the new game tab update that was put...: [IMG] submitted by /u/caffinaV2 [link] [comments]
  3. Updates disappearing from games and apps?

in XboX Insiders
    Updates disappearing from games and apps?: I started the update for Minecraft and paused it and now it is gone. How do I locate this update? submitted by /u/beefyboy66 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox one S won't work after game update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S won't work after game update.: I was downloading the Fallout 76 update when I noticed it was taking an extremely long time. I let the download finish and tried to play Fallout 76 which ran so slow it was impossible to play....
  5. Unable to update or install games without getting installation stopped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to update or install games without getting installation stopped: I have been trying to update COD but after a few seconds I always get installation stopped, it was happening so often i even after rebooting I thought there must be a problem so have done a full...
  6. Xbox one keeps making me download the full fortnite game instead of just the update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one keeps making me download the full fortnite game instead of just the update.: My Xbox one keeps making me download the full fortnite game instead of just the update. This isn't the first time this has happened to me Previous update for fortnite was 3.4 gigs... But my...
  7. DLC No longer "Installed" After Store Update for games you own "twice".

in XboX Insiders
    DLC No longer "Installed" After Store Update for games you own "twice".: [IMG] I tried starting Warhammer Inquisitor, and the game told me I needed the DLC to play my character. Checking Manage game & add-ons it wasn't installed. Reinstalling had no effect....
  8. Game sharing updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game sharing updates: So recently I deleted a game in which I invested several hours updating. Obviously I'd rather not go through that again, and am looking for alternatives. I am game sharing with somebody who owns...
  9. Can I update a game through a USB?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I update a game through a USB?: I was wondering if I can update a game through a USB? I don't have good internet connection. i wanted to use Starbuck's internet to update call of duty ww2. I got the game late, in early october....
  10. Please allow game patch updates from USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please allow game patch updates from USB: Hi there, I've just gone out and picked up a hardcopy of the game (GTAV). I unfortunately have a 0.6meg internet connection, which means the day one update of 1151MB is going to take me over a...