Update games from USB? Or possibly automatically at night?

Discus and support Update games from USB? Or possibly automatically at night? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two Xbox One consoles (one for me, one for my son), and a relatively slow internet at home (< 3 Mbps). However, my work internet is very fast... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BulletSponge38, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Update games from USB? Or possibly automatically at night?

I have two Xbox One consoles (one for me, one for my son), and a relatively slow internet at home (< 3 Mbps). However, my work internet is very fast (100 Mbps). Ideally, I'd like to do one of the following:

• Download updates at work to a USB drive, install them to both consoles when I get home.
    • Download updates on the first console, then copy them (via USB drive?) to the other without having to download same data from the internet again
    • Xbox One automatically downloads updates during the night for all installed games (not just whatever disc happens to be in the console at the time), so download speeds don't matter
    It's very frustrating when we go to play co-op and have to wait then entire night for a 2GB update. Being a single father, I don't get my kids nearly as much as I'd like and I don't want to waste the little time I do have with them waiting for updates!
    I'd rather be playing Xbox One with them!

Does anybody have any suggestions for how to handle this situation? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time

:)

BulletSponge38, Aug 29, 2014
  2. Updates

Just a tip Xbox Live, but before an update can you possibly warn or give me a message saying "You're console will automatically update in 30 minutes." ? I was just in a rainbow 6 seige match with friends, we literally JUST WON the game but before I could
    get my points to apply to my rank, YOUR UPDATE BOOTED ME OUT OF THE MATCH AND MADE ME AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE. So I lost the points and got de-ranked. Thanks Obama.

IVI SMiLES IVI, Aug 29, 2014
  3. Game install times

you can possibly reduce Installation times by performing disc installations while your console is offline.

when installing from a disc it will automatically search for updates to the same game and download them and by whatever reason the total time in some cases is much higher compared to doing both seperatly.

StefanNeubauer, Aug 29, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

For your first two suggestions I would recommend post in the feedback forums.

Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

The last one is doable though. Simply head to Settings and set your console to Instant On (on with voice) before you head to bed. Any updates that occur over the course of the night will be automatically updated.

While in the Settings area be sure to check out the Network as you'll be able to track your bandwidth now.

onyxishere, Aug 29, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

For your first two suggestions I would recommend post in the feedback forums.

http://xbox.uservoice.com/

The last one is doable though. Simply head to Settings and set your console to Instant On (on with voice) before you head to bed. Any updates that occur over the course of the night will be automatically updated.

While in the Settings area be sure to check out the Network as you'll be able to track your bandwidth now.
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Achievements on XBOX ONE games not working for me.

Recently there have been several updates to X360 BC games installed via automatic update if you have it enabled. If not, check Manage game for possible updates.
  7. Dannyy1221 Win User

Constant dsiconnections

The newest it possibly can, and I check manually for updates as well as using the automatic ones.
  8. RippenHarra Win User

Stop Xbox One from updating games

Go into settings>Power and Startup and uncheck automatically install updates.
  9. LegoNinja187 Win User

Deleting Games from XBox1 permanently

Unfortunately it is not possible to delete a game from your account once you have purchased it.

The game won't automatically reinstall, if you don't want your kids playing it, then you should check out the family settings.
Thema:

1. Update games from USB? Or possibly automatically at night? - Similar Threads - Update games USB

2. Claim games with gold button is missing with new store update ? *possible bug*

in XboX Insiders
    Claim games with gold button is missing with new store update ? *possible bug*: How to claim games with gold games in store now? This new update made it so I’m not able to claim them. Price is still there and not show as claim with games with gold. Os Version 10.0.18363.7196...
  3. 2nd time in a week an xbox update has kicked me from my game

in XboX Insiders
    2nd time in a week an xbox update has kicked me from my game: If this is normal I'm just going to have to opt out of testing, playing a ranked poker tournament and all of a sudden taken offline to apply a bloody update!! That is soooooo frustrating! I have...
  4. Problems installing and updating games and apps

in XboX Insiders
    Problems installing and updating games and apps: Is anyone else on alpha skip ahead or lower versions for xbox one having issues ee's s trying to download , install or updating apps & games I tried restarting my console and everything still the...
  5. There's a new game streaming app update

in XboX Insiders
    There's a new game streaming app update: What the title says. Doesn't say anything about what's been updated or fixed. Probably stability improvements. Update from the play store. submitted by /u/shartofwar82 [link] [comments]
  6. Using neighbor's WIFI and have in-game update option and "keep my games and apps" auto...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using neighbor's WIFI and have in-game update option and "keep my games and apps" auto...: RN, I'm in the middle of cable shutdown and I have no Wi-Fi so I am using a neighbor's WiFi next door. But there are times when my games like WWE 2K19 have to be updated and what confuses me is...
  7. Why the Xbox One X update today has HDR off when gaming???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why the Xbox One X update today has HDR off when gaming???: Theres no way I can play the games in hdr. I might have to try and end the Xbox Insider to try and get rid of the hdr not turning and i know its working 36e6ecc5-f42c-4e58-b568-b5a986a81576
  8. Backing up xbox one game update downloads

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backing up xbox one game update downloads: Hello, my download speeds are behoyd slow so game updates are painful...like days on this last one...the other day I finished a 36gb update to forza 4 and put in about 5hrs of game play..I paused...
  9. Can I update a game through a USB?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I update a game through a USB?: I was wondering if I can update a game through a USB? I don't have good internet connection. i wanted to use Starbuck's internet to update call of duty ww2. I got the game late, in early october....
  10. Please allow game patch updates from USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please allow game patch updates from USB: Hi there, I've just gone out and picked up a hardcopy of the game (GTAV). I unfortunately have a 0.6meg internet connection, which means the day one update of 1151MB is going to take me over a...