Update Games while Xbox is off

Discus and support Update Games while Xbox is off in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have the settings for update games while xbox is off but it doesn’t. Does it have to do with me being in the xbox update preview program?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WingedDwarf2989, May 21, 2020.

1. Update Games while Xbox is off

I have the settings for update games while xbox is off but it doesn’t. Does it have to do with me being in the xbox update preview program?

:)

WingedDwarf2989, May 21, 2020
  2. WingedDwarf2989 Win User

How do i make my xbox go to sleeping mode?
  3. CT 5161 Recon Win User

The xbox will only update if it is "sleeping". If you do a hard poweroff it will not update games. I typically leave my xbox on at night downloading a game, and when it does the automatic shut off, it still continues to download the game.
  4. lilstephon Win User

go to settings under genral power mode and start up instant on un check when xbox is off, turn off storage must be unchecked
  5. Scotty0955 Win User

Hello there you need to go to settings general and then power mode and start up once you’re in there select instant on and uncheck the box that says when Xbox is off turn off storage after you have done that go down to system and then hit updates and downloads
    once you are in that make sure Keep my games and apps updated is on and then after that you can turn off like normal using Your controller or the button on the front of your Xbox

hope this information was helpful
  6. WingedDwarf2989 Win User

So i have to have my xbox turn iff by itself so it can update games while its off? Because i used to just turn it off with my controller.
Thema:

1. Update Games while Xbox is off - Similar Threads - Update Games while

2. Is there a way to stop my Xbox from updating while I am actively playing a game?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to stop my Xbox from updating while I am actively playing a game?: It’s really annoying to get forcefully kicked out of a multiplayer game session for an update. Is there any way to stop this from happening, and maybe just start the update after I am done...
  3. Use subscription and play games while there is ongoing update on my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Use subscription and play games while there is ongoing update on my account: My hotmail account has been blocked for one month following mistakes that I have done to recover my password and the fact that we have moved from a country to another: the phone number recorded on...
  4. Xbox One - Can you play a game from disc while another is updating?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Can you play a game from disc while another is updating?: I am updating Call of Duty: Modern Warfare without a disc. While it is updating, can I play another game from disc that is already installed? Thanks. ecf18e88-3274-4d6a-8b04-6b67eba6a204
  5. Error While Downloading PC Game 0x8007001F (Update)

in XBoX on Windows
    Error While Downloading PC Game 0x8007001F (Update): I'm currently running Boot Camp on a 16in MacBook Pro and keep running into this error code downloading Gears 5. Below is the screenshot. I've googled different solutions and can't seem to figure...
  6. Updates while in game, is a change being considered ???

in XboX Insiders
    Updates while in game, is a change being considered ???: I've had my ups and downs with the insider program, most have been great, small things here and there have been rough, but I stick through it knowing what I got myself into. What I'm really...
  7. Error 0x87e00013 while updating a game in XBox beta onPC - The Outer Worlds

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x87e00013 while updating a game in XBox beta onPC - The Outer Worlds: Updating the Games with 'Xbox Beta on PC' seems to break the games with errors: Error 0x87e00013 while updating a game in XBox beta onPC Here's another person seeing it too One of the threads...
  8. Error 0x87e00013 while updating a game in XBox beta onPC

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x87e00013 while updating a game in XBox beta onPC: so let's start a "new" thread are you are locking the "old one" without answering it. we are a lot to have this error code each time there is an update on any XBOX Game Pass PC games (gears 5,...
  9. Error 0x87e00013 while updating a game in XBox beta onPC

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x87e00013 while updating a game in XBox beta onPC: Hi, When will be fixed the bug that prevent you to update any installed game from your Xbox beta PC version ? It is here since at least 4 months, all still no patch ! For exemple, if I want to...
  10. Network problem while updating games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network problem while updating games: Hey everyone, I got a Xbox One X and use a DLAN Adapter to run my network. Connection between router and console is very good and I have no problems until I download or update games. As soon as...