Update in Progress - error after October 2020 update

Discus and support Update in Progress - error after October 2020 update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one appears to have finished the latest update, but whenever I select any app, it always shows "Update in Progress" and fails to start the app.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by resipsa4444, Oct 17, 2020.

1. resipsa4444
    resipsa4444 Guest

My xbox one appears to have finished the latest update, but whenever I select any app, it always shows "Update in Progress" and fails to start the app.

I tried restarting the console and clearing the cache, but it did not help. I also checked for additional updates, and there are none.

When I go to the Troubleshooter screen, it only gives me the option to restore to factory defaults, and I would rather not lose all of the information that goes away with restoring to default.

Any ideas?

Update: I noticed that I do not have the problem if I switch to a different profile and select an app.

:)

resipsa4444, Oct 17, 2020
  2. AmerJustice Win User

Activity alerts error

I am having this same error and I have rebooted my Xbox One twice. My activity alerts keeps displaying "0", after clicking on it, I can clearly see new updates. This only happened after the October Update.
  3. Bazajaytee Win User

Has the coil whine issue been fixed now?

There was a fix in the October system update which addressed this noise. A number of people have mentioned the October update solved it for them and it was out ~October 15th. Do you still get the noise after the update?

Seems it happens more for European consoles and those without Kinect attached.
  4. ShiShingu Win User

Brand new xbox one noise

Finally, after the october-update, the annoying noise is gone! =)
  5. Brian G Stanley Win User

Xbox One X - USB-powered external drive always on!

I'm having the exact same problem. Seems it started after October update.
  6. dariuszm76 Win User

Brand new xbox one noise

after October software update - xbox went silent as a mouse - it WAS software issue!
Thema:

1. Update in Progress - error after October 2020 update - Similar Threads - Update Progress error

2. Anyone else had this issue with the xbox update, no progress is being shown and its stuck...

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else had this issue with the xbox update, no progress is being shown and its stuck...: [IMG] submitted by /u/CuChuliannAlter [link] [comments]
  3. XBOX Set-up not progressing past System Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Set-up not progressing past System Update: Hi All, My Xbox had been having issues so I sent it to the Microsoft repair center. It came back and worked but after a few days I got the green screen of death. I sent it back again and just...
  4. Progress Bar showing installation / update status in the Home Screen

in XboX Insiders
    Progress Bar showing installation / update status in the Home Screen: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]
  5. Omega update yesterday rolled back my game progress

in XboX Insiders
    Omega update yesterday rolled back my game progress: After applying the latest Omega ring update yesterday, I continued playing Subnautica (which I have been playing somewhat religiously lately). But when I got back into the game my save was at an...
  6. Is there a way to check download/update progress if i am not near my tv or console?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to check download/update progress if i am not near my tv or console?: Is there a way to see download progress from the xbox app? submitted by /u/1tsDumpling20 [link] [comments]
  7. How can I retain xbox 360 game progress from offline gaming after an update is pushed on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I retain xbox 360 game progress from offline gaming after an update is pushed on...: I game offline since I have no internet connection at home. Occasionally I need to connect to a network for updates, or new games. I had almost completed Lego Indiana Jones offline. When I...
  8. Apps Update In progress 0x80073d00

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Apps Update In progress 0x80073d00: when i try to buy something like vbucks i i have to go to xbox store and buy vbucls from there why not the game bc19e7f1-f08c-4bd4-9b4b-775e3bee5ba6
  9. Anyone else find it weird that 33% of an update isnt 1/3rd of the progress bar?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else find it weird that 33% of an update isnt 1/3rd of the progress bar?: ill update my xbox and by the end of step 1 of 3 the total percent done is less than 33% (heck id even accept it if it were 34% -- just rounding things becase of the whole 33.33333~~ thing))...
  10. Offline update in progress, hung up at 58%, cycled down, restarted, no error message, stuck...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline update in progress, hung up at 58%, cycled down, restarted, no error message, stuck...: So I got the BSoD and did all the usual steps to try to fix. Could not. Opted to reset the system (delete all) and kept getting e102 error message. Shut down and did the offline update with my...