UPDATE NOT WORKING AFTER FACTORY RESET

Discus and support UPDATE NOT WORKING AFTER FACTORY RESET in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Factory reset console and update will not work. STUCK WITH A BRICK! 55ada315-a431-4af7-a9eb-226ae47845df Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZachSmith574, Sep 2, 2019.

1. ZachSmith574
    ZachSmith574 Guest

Factory reset console and update will not work. STUCK WITH A BRICK!

:)

ZachSmith574, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Pyrosplayhouse Win User

Factory Reset

The spinning wheel was it right after the update or where there prompts after the update that you were following?
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Factory reset

Hey there JamesWitkowski,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums with this question, were you getting error codes or messages that led to the factory reset? Is it stuck on the preparing console screen or has it already gone through that and is now attempting to update the
    console?

If you are stuck on the preparing console screen then you can always attempt to

Power Cycle
    your console, to do this just hold the power button on the console for about 10seconds (or until the console turns off) once the console has turned off wait about 15 seconds and then power it back on, this should restart the process.

If the issue persists then I would advise going through the Offline System Update, go ahead and follow the steps on the following support article for help.

Give it a try and let us know if it has helped.
  4. JamesWitkowski Win User

Factory reset

I did the power cycle and it started preparing console, but stopped at 50% again. I dont have access right now to do the offline update right now.
  5. meu Win User

Can't access friends list or settings

This issue has occurred on many consoles after the last update. The only solution has been to factory reset them. Rarely the Hard reset will fix the issue but the definitive way is a factory reset. There is something wrong with the way the new update is
    installing.
  6. jobrien51 Win User

Factory Reset

I did that and it got past the update screen and through all the preferences and stuff. I lve logged in and everything. Now there is just that loading wheel on the screen and nothing else. Do you know how long this reset should take because the wheel has
    only been there like 2 minutes and i just want to make sure its suppossed to be going still.
Thema:

1. UPDATE NOT WORKING AFTER FACTORY RESET - Similar Threads - UPDATE WORKING FACTORY

2. media remote doesnt work with latest updates

in XboX Insiders
    media remote doesnt work with latest updates: in skip ahead the remote lights up fine so good battery but nothing registers to the xbox submitted by /u/lcg22 [link] [comments]
  3. Update still won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update still won't work: I was having this problem yesterday but after a power cycle it stopped trying to update. Now the update gets to the second stage and stops halfway through and gives me a error that says there was...
  4. Update not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Update not working: My Xbox One S requires an update to let me play online. It's telling me that there is a problem with the update and I don't know what the problem is. I've tried reconnecting my internet and...
  5. Gamepad xbox one not working after trying update firmware on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepad xbox one not working after trying update firmware on Windows 10: Hi, Couple days ago, I tried to update the firmware of my xbox one gamepad on PC Windows 10. I do not own an xbox one console. My friend did update successfully update the firmware of his...
  6. Gamepad xbox one not working after trying update firmware on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamepad xbox one not working after trying update firmware on Windows 10: Hi, Couple days ago, I tried to update the firmware of my xbox one gamepad on PC Windows 10. I do not own an xbox one console. My friend did update successfully update the firmware of his...
  7. Xbox one controller not working after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller not working after update: I haven't used my xbox one for almost four months until today. When i started it up for the first time in a while the console needed an update which i was able to do. then once the update was...
  8. USB flash drive 360 system update not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB flash drive 360 system update not working: I have a Fat32 formatted 128GB USB flash drive that I have unzipped the Xbox 360 system update to. The update does not begin when starting the console as the instructions says it should. I've...
  9. Xbox elite controller keeps flashing and won't work after failed update on controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller keeps flashing and won't work after failed update on controller: Hello everyone, As the title states, my xbox controller just keeps flashing and wont work no matter what i do. The Controller was plugged in Via USB, batteries were off, and connection was not...
  10. Bricked Xbox from update yesterday, offline repair tools don't work can't factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bricked Xbox from update yesterday, offline repair tools don't work can't factory reset: How can I do a factory reset if the Xbox fails when I select and run it? Goes through whole process then doesn't work. Same with OSUDT 2 and 3. Tried offline updates they fail. Chat support for...