Update on “Overheating Xbox”

Discus and support Update on “Overheating Xbox” in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So as some may know my xbox one turns off when playing NBA 2k20, well it only turns off when active within the game. I can sit in “neighborhood” for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NBS Rose, May 24, 2020.

1. NBS Rose
    NBS Rose Guest

So as some may know my xbox one turns off when playing NBA 2k20, well it only turns off when active within the game. I can sit in “neighborhood” for hours on end it is when i actually start a basketball game whether it is MyCareer, MyTeam, or play now. It
    makes no sense to me on how it is like this for me.

:)

NBS Rose, May 24, 2020
  2. MinenMyBiz Win User

Make sure nothing is blocking the air intake, and that the exhaust air doesn't stagnate near the console.
  3. crazydude1965 Win User

You could check out xtra cooling unit for xbox on amazon
  4. Dondlan Win User

Since you cleaned the console try redownloading the whole game.

Is someone of your friend irl or digital friend experiencing your problem?
  5. Inskamnia Win User

This also happens for my original 1TB Xbox elite. Only overheats while playing NBA2K20, while all of my other games have played fine.
  6. NBS Rose Win User

I’ve done a full service clean. It’s only NBA 2K, I can play games that require more power such as Red dead and GTA V with no issues.
Thema:

1. Update on “Overheating Xbox” - Similar Threads - Update “Overheating Xbox”

2. Controller won't update, batteries low (not true)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won't update, batteries low (not true): This morning all my controllers are not working. With new batteries, I power on the xbox with the controller. Xbox turns on, controller works for 10 seconds then shuts off (same pattern occurs on...
  3. Xbox One X updating very often

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X updating very often: Hello, A couple of times a week when I turn on my xbox, I have to update it. It gives me the option of updating it, stay offline or shut off the xbox. Non of my friends are getting these...
  4. Interface Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Interface Update: Im sorry but why? The old interface looked clean and was super easier to use. This new stuff looks goofy with these big logos and its just really annoying becuase there was no need it change it. I...
  5. How do I leave this program? It updates in the middle of games!

in XboX Insiders
    How do I leave this program? It updates in the middle of games!: It constantly wants updates, like every other day! It forces updates on me literally in the middle of multiplayer games which makes me unimaginably angry. I'm done with this garbage, it's not...
  6. Earphones not working after May 28 OS update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Earphones not working after May 28 OS update: After the update released yesterday (OS 10.0.19041.2494) my earphones don't register any audio. Tested plugging the earphones into 2 different controllers. Tested the earphones on other devices...
  7. Xbox One Installation halt/Store not updating?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Installation halt/Store not updating?: I've been experiencing an issue regarding the installation of games and apps on my Xbox Ones. Upon reaching a certain point in a given download (typically around 3GB) the download speed drops...
  8. New update and gamer pics

in XBoX on Mobile
    New update and gamer pics: Why do we get a pointless update that changes the menu in xbox one but you cant let us upload custom gamer pics seems a bit off to me 6cd7905d-b952-415b-b6c7-165fe5df3a3c
  9. A lot of people including me don’t like the new guide update on the Xbox.

in XBoX Accessibility
    A lot of people including me don’t like the new guide update on the Xbox.: I really dont like the new guide update on the Xbox it makes the whole thing impractical could microsoft please atleast make it an option to turn it back in settings...
  10. Beta Preview Update Ring Causing Supposed Overheating Crash?

in XboX Insiders
    Beta Preview Update Ring Causing Supposed Overheating Crash?: Anyone having crashing issues with the Beta Update Ring on Xbox One X? My used to freeze and shut down in a specific boss in Darksiders Warmastered Edition, when I turned it on the overheat...