Update Required to connect to Xbox Live, cannot update because I'm not connected to Xbox ...

Discus and support Update Required to connect to Xbox Live, cannot update because I'm not connected to Xbox ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey, I'm sure its a repost, but I suck at searching on this site. I need to perform a system update, however I am trying to connect to a new router... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by abata08, Jun 5, 2014.

1. abata08
    abata08 Guest

Update Required to connect to Xbox Live, cannot update because I'm not connected to Xbox ...

Hey, I'm sure its a repost, but I suck at searching on this site. I need to perform a system update, however I am trying to connect to a new router and my Xbox needs to be connected to the internet in order to do so. Also, the system codes that I am receiving
    are stating that I need to update my Xbox in order to perform this update.

HELP PLEASE! and thanks

:)

abata08, Jun 5, 2014
  2. When exactly does XboxOne require net connection?

it can be played offline if that's what your asking, you have to install your tiltle's first though, if your connected it will want an update, otherwise just install your game and play, if you want xbox live connection is required obviously

hemonecrophagia, Jun 5, 2014
  3. scion of tea
    scion of tea Guest
    Update won't allow me to connect.

Yep, happened to me too. Can't connect to Live without the update, and can't download the update because I'm not connected to Live.

Feeble.

scion of tea, Jun 5, 2014
  4. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest

Are you able to temporarily connect your console directly to the modem so it can update?

Could be that your console can't connect through your new router properly but if you can update your console first then we can help troubleshoot the router afterwards if required.

Bazajaytee, Jun 5, 2014
  5. Akif Win User

Cannot update XBox 360.

Tried. Connectivity works but cannot connect to XBox Live because of the update.
  6. ZOMB13 ANG31 Win User

Xbox ONE Game Update

Thanks for the response. I'm still a little confused. So, what you’re saying is I cannot even start some games without updating them first? Even though the console cannot check for an update because it’s not connected to Xbox Live? All I want to do is
    go and buy a game from a shop, put the disc in the console, install the game, then play the game (without having to update it because I don’t have internet/any connection to xbox Live). The Xbox 360 was capable of this, it recommends updates, but does not
    require them before playing a game for the first time; It was able to play games offline unpatched, un-updated etc. Can the Xbox ONE do this?
  7. MisterFizzle Win User

Xbox one in Romania

Hey Ripper,

While the Xbox One console is region free, it does require a day One update from Xbox Live and all other system updates will need to be retrieved the same way. As your region is not currently a Live supported region, we cannot guarantee that you will be able
    to reliably connect to Xbox Live if you can connect at all.
  8. TheMightyBirchy Win User

I Cannot Connect To Xbox Live

It still won't allow me to download the profile because it says there is a system update available from Xbox Live, but I cannot connect to Live, therefore I cannot download the update. What should I do? Any help appreciated.
  9. Kenny H. Win User

Can't play Fable: The Lost Chapters on Xbox360

Also, make sure that you are connected to Live the first time you try to play it because an update is required for all Xbox Original games.
Thema:

1. Update Required to connect to Xbox Live, cannot update because I'm not connected to Xbox ... - Similar Threads - Update Required connect

2. May Update Why Do All My Games Require Multi-GB Updates?

in XBoX Accessibility
    May Update Why Do All My Games Require Multi-GB Updates?: So I updated my Xbox One and now all my games which are on disc require very large updates and can't play until they are updated. This is about the last straw, I'm on Hughesnet and any update is...
  3. Game requires update and we can't play until it is done downloading

in XboX Insiders
    Game requires update and we can't play until it is done downloading: Hi XBOX ONE S! Is there a way you can allow game play while updates are being downloaded? Example: My kids and I play ARK Survival Evolved, they have so many updates. Most of the time we can play...
  4. XBOX 360 system update from Xbox live required

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 system update from Xbox live required: Help! We have booted up our ancient Xbox 360 after about 2 years in the cupboard and every game we try to play it is demanding we run a system update. However when we run it it comes up with...
  5. I have Disk for Modern Warfare but requires ?? 100GB initial update - can I download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Disk for Modern Warfare but requires ?? 100GB initial update - can I download...: I bought Disk for Modern Warfare but requires ?? 100GB initial update?? I can only play offline because of the cost ad bandwidth on Hughes Sat Internet Can I download the initial update...
  6. : Network connection issues when console update is required

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Network connection issues when console update is required: : Network connection issues when console update is required Usually a lot of users reports getting error in updates using wireless connections, because some time happens that the connection gets...
  7. Xbox 360 requires an update to connect to XBox Live but the update is not available?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 requires an update to connect to XBox Live but the update is not available?: I have an Xbox 360 console. For the past few months, I get prompted to update my Xbox. I have manually updated, performed factory resets, and everything is up-to-date according to version...
  8. Can't Connect to Xbox-Live, Requires Update, NOT ENOUGH STORAGE!??!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Connect to Xbox-Live, Requires Update, NOT ENOUGH STORAGE!??!: Hello, As you know by reading the subject I am having issues with xbox live, bla bla bla But i havent seen anything like this. I've gone through forums and tried everything. Won't work. As you...
  9. Cannot apply update required to connect to XBox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot apply update required to connect to XBox Live: At start-up of my Xbox 360, I get a message that "Update Required" and that if I don't apply I may have problems connecting to Xbox Live. However, this update fails every time: - Status code...
  10. Cannot apply required update to connect to Xbox Live (Xbox 360)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot apply required update to connect to Xbox Live (Xbox 360): At start up of my Xbox 360, I get a message that "Update Required" and that if I don't apply I may have problems connecting to Xbox Live. However, this update fails every time: - Status code...