Update takes far too long and doesn't even complete

Discus and support Update takes far too long and doesn't even complete in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Listen i have seen other people with this issue on the forums but the only solution i see is to reinstall the whole game, so lets make this clear. I am... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CGriffin18, Feb 26, 2021.

1. CGriffin18
    CGriffin18 Guest

Listen i have seen other people with this issue on the forums but the only solution i see is to reinstall the whole game, so lets make this clear. I am not going to reinstall my game again. This is about the fifth time this has happened to me where i have got an update for a game and it downloads at snails pace regardless of my internet, gets to 100% and gets stuck. It might be the biggest joke ever, especially when the game this CONTINUOUSLY happens to is COD Cold War (which by the way is 100+ gb and with my internet takes half a day to install, trust me ive had to do it twice already) and it makes it even more insulting when the update causing the issue is a mere 700mb. Quite frankly there is more chance of me throwing my xbox away and buying a playstation than there is me reinstalling the game. I just want to play the game ffs bot have every single update completely lock me out of it. Note: this has happened twice with Rocket League too.

:)

CGriffin18, Feb 26, 2021
  2. INT0XICATED Win User

[​IMG]
    bro been dealing with the same thing!! Fml!
  3. HueHef785 Win User

Updates taking too long

I haven't found a way around it myself yet, I do know the game downloads faster if you turn the system off. Other than that some games will let you play after it makes it to a certain portion of the download but if you start the game while its doing that
    itll slow the download speeds again and you may run in to some issues while playing the game.
  4. KrmpaRape Win User

Updates taking too long

Unfortunately you have to update it
  5. Robby Sayles Win User

Updates taking too long

I don't know if there is any way around it, unless freeing up the require space for the update?
  6. mareledanut Win User

Updates taking too long

Hi, with time, games become more and more bigger in size. A couple of years ago a game had what..10-15GB? Well, nowadays games have between 50-100GB which a single DVD can't handle, that's why, when you buy a physical copy, there will be only so much of
    data on the disc and the rest will be downloaded from the internet. I have Wi-Fi connection to my Xbox and i fell you.

On a bright side, i heard that they are going to fix this issue with the next generation using Blu-Ray discs.
Thema:

1. Update takes far too long and doesn't even complete - Similar Threads - Update takes far

2. Why do xbox updates take so long when they never add or fix anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do xbox updates take so long when they never add or fix anything?: They never tell us why we need an update or what's even in them. It hijacks into the process on startup and can take an hour or more to complete even with fast internet. Why? As far as i can...
  3. original xbox one won't take any offline updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    original xbox one won't take any offline updates: Here is the OS Version it provided me in the troubleshoot menus 19041.6250.amd64fre.xb_flt_2102vb.210128-0000 I have all 3 OSU files on my computer and I tried all of them. the error message...
  4. Xbox console update taking so long.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox console update taking so long.: Why is it that after i perform a factory reset a few days ago, because of an update. That this update is taking even longer than the last update? It actually seems like it froze mid update or at...
  5. Can I take my Xbox anywhere to do an offline update

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I take my Xbox anywhere to do an offline update: Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this plea for help. I can't manage to successfully do the offline update i know I'm special when it comes to technology you should have seen how long...
  6. New XBOX One - Updates taking 15+ hours

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New XBOX One - Updates taking 15+ hours: We got a new Xbox one for Christmas. Installing and updating new games is taking an insanely long time - literally 15+ hours. We are going offline to install the games and when we do that, it's...
  7. After most recent update my instructor misreads take-off speed Cessna 152

in XBoX on Windows
    After most recent update my instructor misreads take-off speed Cessna 152: Yesterday I updated MS Flight sim 2020 and since then I cannot take-off and sometimes can't get to 55 Kts before VTO (According to her) even though the speed gauge says I'm at at 55. When I'm...
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 planes won't take off after update

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 planes won't take off after update: Planes wont lift off the ground after normal takeoff speed and won't maintain a climb. Only on "World Map" mode. Training and Challenges work normal. Any troubleshooting tips?...
  9. Game taking hours to install update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game taking hours to install update: I only play the the xbox like twice a month so everytime there’s some sort of update for a game which takes hours, sometimes up to 5. I have fast Internet. This is a huge problem for Microsoft. I...
  10. After latest Alpha update My Games & Apps take ages to load

in XboX Insiders
    After latest Alpha update My Games & Apps take ages to load: After the latest Alpha update My Games & Apps take ages to load, and the recent apps/games won't show up in the guide. Starting a game takes more than 5 minutes. Did a hard restart but that isn't...