update, then reinstall/download game

Discus and support update, then reinstall/download game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why, why in the entire universe, would Xbox uninstall an entire game because the update got canceled? It was 44 GB's to download Madden, and now it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rankhorse, May 7, 2020.

1. Rankhorse
    Rankhorse Guest

Why, why in the entire universe, would Xbox uninstall an entire game because the update got canceled? It was 44 GB's to download Madden, and now it says I need to download it and install it again because a 100mb download got canceled, ****en ridiculous...

:)

Rankhorse, May 7, 2020
  2. Rankhorse Win User

Yes, and slow limited internet. I guess it doesn't seem like a problem to the geeks that work there with high speed internet access.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

While cancelling an update removes an entire game may seem ridiculous, logically it's not. What is ridiculous is that there isn't a warning.

why is my whole game removed when I cancel an update?

Game updates - or patches - are not added to the end of the game. What I mean is, if your game is 44 GB installed and you get a 1GB update, the install size on the HDD doesn't necessarily become 45GB.

When your console updates a game, the game files that are downloaded actually replace other older files already installed. If you cancel the update the files will be incomplete, even corrupt. Basically you'll have an incomplete game that would no longer
    run, hence the entire game is removed.

Game sizes usually only get larger when the update contains DLC, and if you didn't know already, all games get the DLC installed as part of these updates automatically regardless of you purchasing DLC or not.
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

I feel your pain, I think most of us have had it happen, and most of us have complained about it. I can only hope that the way the updates are set up for the Xbox Series X will prevent that being an issue with the next generation of consoles.
  5. Rankhorse Win User

Yes I agree, I never did see the warning, only read about it after it happened by looking up the problem. I'm still
    [Mod removed-inappropriate]
  6. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

ASPHALT 8

You need to go to the downloads and updates section in the ms store if you don't see a download try to delete and reinstall the game
Thema:

1. update, then reinstall/download game - Similar Threads - update reinstall download

2. Xbox one digital every update needs to reinstall games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one digital every update needs to reinstall games: Everytime a new update comes out for a game all my games need to get reinstalled. Ive done hard reset. I even reformat the system installed new harddrive still nothing 1 game updates i have to...
  3. Is anybody else annoyed by Rewards and Avatars apps being reinstalled on each system update?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anybody else annoyed by Rewards and Avatars apps being reinstalled on each system update?: So, Rewards app is not working in my country (Poland), so I uninstalled it. But it gets reinstalled with each system update. Same thing happens with avatar apps (I don't use them, so I uninstall...
  4. After attempting an update, game will not reinstall (Xbox PC Beta app: No Man's Sky)

in XBoX on Windows
    After attempting an update, game will not reinstall (Xbox PC Beta app: No Man's Sky): I have been playing No Man's Sky for a few days and today I noticed an update. I exited the game and began the update, after a small portion the download seemed to stopped receiving any data. So I...
  5. Gears 5: Update broke my game, and impossible to reinstall

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5: Update broke my game, and impossible to reinstall: Hey there guys, an update has sucessfully **** up my game, had to delete it. Today i wanted to reinstall it, and i just simply can't. I got no error message, nothing. It only shows the green...
  6. Xbox Beta App not working, even after update and attempted reinstall.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Beta App not working, even after update and attempted reinstall.: Attempted to use the Xbox Beta app on my PC. After attempting to update the app, which was roughly 50 mb, it took over 5 hours. Upon completion of the update I attempted to download The Outer...
  7. How to reinstall the control software already turns on after updating

in XBoX on Windows
    How to reinstall the control software already turns on after updating: Good, my Xbox One controller tried to update it through the "Xbox Accessories" application in windows 10 and I got an error and the controller was not updated, and it does not turn on. How to...
  8. Games reinstalling instead of updating.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games reinstalling instead of updating.: Quite often when games need to update they will download the whole game again instead of just the update. Forza Horizon 4 seems to do this every time. Why is this?...
  9. Why wont minecraft update or reinstall?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont minecraft update or reinstall?: Hello is there a bug with the minecraft update or is it just on mine? the update wouldn't work so I uninstalled the game and now when I try to install it come up with error and no explanation?...
  10. every Halo 5 update reinstalls entire 98GB download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    every Halo 5 update reinstalls entire 98GB download: It seems every update to Halo 5, no matter how small, eventually results in the xbox one starting from 0 and downloading the entire 98GB game again. The required update (e.g., 15% of 12GB) seems...