Update

Discus and support Update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had an update for my console today and its now at the part where my console restarts but my consoles been in the restart cycle for about half an hour... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AndrewCranford1, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Update

I had an update for my console today and its now at the part where my console restarts but my consoles been in the restart cycle for about half an hour now. Is that normal?

:)

AndrewCranford1, Oct 26, 2019
  2. CoastKey Win User

Update update update update

Me too every 2 days. And I to called support and got no answers. I am part of the preview program so maybe there is a problem there idk? But getting annoying. Though
    Yes, preview is the problem, but if you want to quit preview, you have to wipe your Xbox and if you have some hundred gigs thats a pain. Microsoft should first give explicit info that if you join preview you get updates all the time and also inform that
    you will lose everything on your box if you quit preview. The option to just stop preview without wiping should ofcourse be a part of this deal but thats to much service I guess......

Kids was gonna watch their favoritetvshow now, but they cant cause its the daily halfanhour stupid update..... What where you thinking on this one Ms? Can it be more annoying?
  3. XFM WING1 Win User

Update update update update

Me too every 2 days. And I to called support and got no answers. I am part of the preview program so maybe there is a problem there idk? But getting annoying. Though
  4. DavidPersico Win User

updates updates updates.......

new question guys.....sry for the long pause.....XBOX ONE PAPER WEIGHT FOR SALE.....CHEEEEP!!!!!!! ok since my 3 games from 2000 the ones that havent crashed since i first turned on the xbox.....the really secure ones.....ok the question is how to delete
    the updates/....which have taken up my ava hdd space on my xbox????and can this be done w/o deleting any of the game info? thanks.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

the updates dont really take any space, they replace files, as for the hdd space being used, after format and system reserved space is taken into account you have approx 340gb of space available for game storage.

If you have say call of duty ww2 installed thats approx 80gb or more then halo 5 thats over 100gb in size.

games these days take a huge amount of space, nothing you do will give you more free space without deleting existing games.

what games do you have installed.
  6. Gary C 86 Win User

Hi David,

The updates are actully important. Sometimes they will be bug fixes to stop crashes and other problems, Sometimes they will be security updates and some will add new features to make your gaming experience better.

I understand the frustration at turning on the xbox for a quick gaming session and been faced with an update instead, ive done this before also. But they are for the best otherwise you could be here reporting you cant play on your xbox because of constant
    crashes instead.

As for filling your storage i would recommend buying a external storage. Unfortunately there isnt a single storage device big enough to fit the vast games xbox has available so the only option is to remove games or invest in a external storage device.

I hope this answered your question david.
Thema:

Update

1. Update - Similar Threads - Update

2. Updates and downloads

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updates and downloads: What is the point having a option to keep my games and apps up to date when it does not work. It has a tick in a box in the settings but it still will not install updates automatically....
  3. My Xbox installs the entire game instead of just the update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox installs the entire game instead of just the update: It started about a month or two ago and every update causes the ENTIRE game to have to be re downloaded. I live out in rural texas so the best internet is 5mps meaning large updates have taken up...
  4. Error during current update (0x8B05002B)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error during current update (0x8B05002B): Hi Xboxers, During the latest console update for xbox one (original), my xbox gets to about 52-53% of total update (right up to the end of the second of 3 loading bars), then when it goes to...
  5. Update 3rd December 2019

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update 3rd December 2019: My Xbox one started doing what I assume is the latest update and for some reason it keeps getting stuck on "Step 3 of 3: Applying (66%) I havent had any error messages, i have looked up and there...
  6. Controller Analog Drift, Brand New & Updated

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Analog Drift, Brand New & Updated: I made a Black Friday purchase of a new Xbox One controller from the Microsoft store. I received the package yesterday 12/2/19 and I popped in the batteries, went to setting and updated the...
  7. Anyway to force a console update outside of of home

in XboX Insiders
    Anyway to force a console update outside of of home: So I'm away from home and can't stream my console only thing I can think of is forcing my console to update cause I'm away for another week and was fine till I heard about this update I'm in delta...
  8. Xbox One Update Preview

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Update Preview: Hello, I'm new here! So I'm pretty interested in Project xCloud and Console Game Streaming, and in the instructions to get started, I saw that you had to install the Xbox One Update Preview. I'm...
  9. [xbox update] Is this mean I have poor wifi connection at home? Need help. Thanks.

in XboX Insiders
    [xbox update] Is this mean I have poor wifi connection at home? Need help. Thanks.: [IMG] submitted by /u/ahbh93_ [link] [comments]
  10. Just had a lot of trouble installing the update.

in XboX Insiders
    Just had a lot of trouble installing the update.: About 50 percent into 'applying', I got an error with an option to try again or reset console. Trying again then got it to 65 percent. Trying again after that - 75. And so on through 5 errors it...