Updated my xbox today and now my controller no longer registers my headset.

Discus and support Updated my xbox today and now my controller no longer registers my headset. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Everything was working fine last night. I logged on today, and updated my console. Now I'm getting no audio through my controller. Everything is up to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/hruebsj3i6nunwp29, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Updated my xbox today and now my controller no longer registers my headset.

Everything was working fine last night. I logged on today, and updated my console. Now I'm getting no audio through my controller. Everything is up to date, and I've tried a full shutdown to no avail.

submitted by /u/hruebsj3i6nunwp29
    [link] [comments]

/u/hruebsj3i6nunwp29, Oct 25, 2019
  2. AdzFoz Win User

Controller problem

I agree. My headset often doesnt register but updating your controller even when it says no update required fixes it every time.
  3. JWSpeed Win User

Xbox One Controller Update

I did my controllers after the update, just now I plugged in my new TB Atlas headset and a prompt appeared to update my controller again?
  4. Jaymo1978 Win User

Xbox One Controller & Stereo Headset Adapter Update

Hi Skier! I don't believe that is a requirement anymore, as the main Xbox Support Page for updating the controller with the adapter no longer says that.

support.xbox.com/.../update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

It used to be a very important part of the instructions, but now I don't see it. Truthfully, though, just to be safe, whenever I have to run an update, I always unplug my batteries and plug in so that it receives only USB power. My controller updates have
    worked perfectly each time.

Make sure, though, that your headset adapter is tightly plugged in and doesn't come loose during the process, as I've heard that that can flummox the update somehow.

Hope this helps!
  5. Sword Style Win User

Xbox One Controller Update

I updated my controller last night. And then today when I bought the Xbox One stereo headset, I had to update it again. Worked fine for me both times.
  6. Silverbird757 Win User

Xbox One Controller issues.

My controller was working properly before the last update, I am using the Turtle Beach headset, can't remember what model but it was close to $200. After the update my right thumbstick now movements are slow/choppy. I went out bought another controller
    thinking I had a faulty controller. I purchased the LE Titanfall controller, updated it and doing the same thing. Therefore, my new XBOX ONE is a $500 paper weight. I am going to purchase another headset adapter today to see if the rumors I've heard are
    true that certain lots of the headset adapters were faulty. Why is Microsoft not standing by their products.......agreed, just go get another one is not an acceptable answer.
Thema:

Updated my xbox today and now my controller no longer registers my headset.

1. Updated my xbox today and now my controller no longer registers my headset. - Similar Threads - Updated today controller

2. Disney+ buffering issue still present after today's update for Alpha Skip Ahead

in XboX Insiders
    Disney+ buffering issue still present after today's update for Alpha Skip Ahead: Report submitted.... submitted by /u/jtrainacomin [link] [comments]
  3. System update (today?)

in XboX Insiders
    System update (today?): My system updated today and I was curious if anyone knows what's new/fixes/ECT.? I don't see notes anywhere. Currently not in an insider preview ring. Edit: Spelling submitted by /u/Zaltizar...
  4. Why the Xbox One X update today has HDR off when gaming???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why the Xbox One X update today has HDR off when gaming???: Theres no way I can play the games in hdr. I might have to try and end the Xbox Insider to try and get rid of the hdr not turning and i know its working 36e6ecc5-f42c-4e58-b568-b5a986a81576
  5. I'm alpha and just downloaded today's update. Can't get past this screen on my phone.

in XboX Insiders
    I'm alpha and just downloaded today's update. Can't get past this screen on my phone.: [IMG] submitted by /u/Tyrantes [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox one controller no longer registering headset after today's update on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller no longer registering headset after today's update on xbox: Everything was working fine last night. Turned the Xbox on today and got the update message. I updated and now nothings working. I tried to update the controller and it's still not working. Is...
  7. After today’s update, Party Chat is corrupted.

in XboX Insiders
    After today’s update, Party Chat is corrupted.: [IMG] submitted by /u/Charbooble [link] [comments]
  8. Changes to notifications after today's update 9/3/19

in XboX Insiders
    Changes to notifications after today's update 9/3/19: I see my notifications have changed slightly. Now when I click on an alert for someone liking a post I make to a club, it shows Show Likes and Dismiss. Small change, I think I like it :-)...
  9. Updated xbox 1 today, and now it won't turn off or on using the controller without making ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Updated xbox 1 today, and now it won't turn off or on using the controller without making ...: I have an xbox one halo 5 edition. Before the update i could turn off and on the xbox with the controller and it was great no issues. Now it is the total opposite. Everytime i turn it on or...
  10. Elite One controller config issues after today's update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite One controller config issues after today's update: I've just received a replacement controller from Microsoft and when I connected it to my Windows 10 wirelessly it offered an update. After that update my previous configurations in the warframe...