Updates are out of hand!

Discus and support Updates are out of hand! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have Xbox live. I travel full time for a living and often I don't have internet for a few days at a time while on the road in my RV. It never fails,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/4theriders, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Updates are out of hand!

I have Xbox live. I travel full time for a living and often I don't have internet for a few days at a time while on the road in my RV. It never fails, the SECOND I do (and it's usually very slow internet) and fire up the Xbox to enjoy some gaming, IT NEEDS AN UPDATE! often, 3+gb of update! IT'S DRIVING ME MAD! STOP WITH SO MANY USELESS FREGGIN UPDATES! I've had internet all week and just now, my Xbox is doing it's SECOND update of the week. It's total BS.

submitted by /u/4theriders
    [link] [comments]

/u/4theriders, Sep 27, 2019
  2. CallMeUnited Win User

Hand Outs

Man that sucks.... But u dont got 1$? i saw a promo on my silver account for 1month of live for 1$.
  3. ElectroFlying Win User

GETTING OUT OF HAND!!!!!

Personally, I don't think these supposed DDOS attacks has any merit.

That being said. XBL is simply a switchboard service which you pay upwards of 60 bucks a year for.

When you turn on your console it is programmed to connect ONLY to MS switchboard (server) and depending on what app or game you decide to run, XBL then redirects you to that particular game/apps server. Netflix, Hulu, EA, Ubi etc.

So if you're not having any trouble logging in or getting kicked off of a running app or game. It may seem as if it's the game or app servers. But restart the console and if it then fails to log you into XBL, it's MS server which is at fault.

Or at least that has been my observation and assessment of this strange happenings.
  4. bangorbr0z Win User

GETTING OUT OF HAND!!!!!

If you want to use cancer as your analogy, it's worth pointing out that there's a lot of preventative steps that can reduce the risk, routine exams and early treatment can prevent the spread, and there are usually many good predictors of cancer risk. So
    no, DDoS is nothing like cancer if, as you say, nothing can be done to deal with the attack besides letting it run its course.

So please don't use that analogy again. It's completely inaccurate.
  5. Surreal Phantom Win User

Out of hand cheating.

Normally if it is someone using a lag switch there is very little they can do unless it on a dedicated server where it is unaffected.
  6. W1LD SEVEN Win User

Out of hand cheating.

I can also add that EA and Dice take cheating and such seriously they have already had a few ban sweeps and patches and are addressing issues as they arise. Apparently we will be seeing the MAV patched soon to remove the ability to use it as a lift to get
    to places players shouldn't be able too.
Thema:

Updates are out of hand!

1. Updates are out of hand! - Similar Threads - Updates are hand

2. Xbox One Controller not detecting Headset after firmware update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller not detecting Headset after firmware update: Hi, not sure if this is exactly where I should ask this. I've recently got a pair of Astro A40's and they originally didn't get detected by my Xbox One Controller via 3.5mm connection. I tried...
  3. XBox 360 Games on Xbox One X - since last update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox 360 Games on Xbox One X - since last update: Hi from France ! This night i've start my Xbox One X, my games update ... during this time i see the compatibilty Xbox 360 games have new compatibility like (Skate, Enslaved, enchanted arms ...)...
  4. Can't play Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) Update content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) Update content: I recently boght Star Wars battlefront 2 (2005) in the Microsoft Store but I cant play the maps and characters that came with the update June 2019. 47d70f83-5a29-4e06-8c65-e0c4624038f4
  5. Ascend Hand of Kul needs update to play????

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ascend Hand of Kul needs update to play????: I realize Ascend Hand of Kul has been delisted for unknown reasons, but I went to play the game and try to get a few more achievements before server closure in November and I cant play it! The...
  6. Ascend Hand Of Kul - RELEASE AN UPDATE!!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ascend Hand Of Kul - RELEASE AN UPDATE!!!!!: Ok, MS what is the deal with Ascend Hand of Kul! Very cool game, that badly needs an update and it just does not happen. Can anyone at MS take ownership to help your gamers understand why this...
  7. Ascend hand of kul, updating content freeze

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ascend hand of kul, updating content freeze: When I start the game and it goes to the menu and press start, it says updating content 0% and freezes my xbox. I tried to delete and redownload twice and it didn't work. What's goin on?...
  8. Xbox one Update Preview Unenroll second hand xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Update Preview Unenroll second hand xbox: hi My second hand Xbox is part of the Xbox one update preview and I can't remove it. Could someone help me unenroll from the program. Thanks f31973b5-7424-4a32-a389-17a755f9140e
  9. Heavy-handed updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Heavy-handed updates: It comes as no surprise to me after experiencing firsthand, the Windows 10 debacle personally along with fighting against rogue security updates that are actually Windows 10 nag enablers, but I...
  10. Kinect Hand gesture issue after april update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect Hand gesture issue after april update.: kinect hand icon not showing on screen. even after reboot the system still have the problem. is anyone encounter this issue? is microsoft aware of this issue? thank you...