Updates broke my Xbox 360!?

Discus and support Updates broke my Xbox 360!? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I own an Xbox One and since you are of course not able to play 360 games on there (wich was just to hard for the engineers to figure out how to to make... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Farrider36, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Farrider36
    Farrider36 Guest

I own an Xbox One and since you are of course not able to play 360 games on there (wich was just to hard for the engineers to figure out how to to make that happen) I recently started my Xbox 360 to play some GTA5.

After my Xbox restarted 9 times and asked for an Update each time finaly GTA 5 started. After the Gta 5 Update i was finaly able to play. (offline!) Yesterday the Xbox hung up every 10 Minutes so i had to shut it off and restart it manually. Today I thought
    I could try it again. Now it restarts automatically every 5 minutes while playing the game. Which makes it impossible to play

Before the Update i could play Gta 5 just fine.

Has somebody a solution for this? It would be much apreciated Updates broke my Xbox 360!? :p

ps.: now i think about it i may have to apologize to the engineers this post may offends Updates broke my Xbox 360!? :D because i of course know that the responsibilty for that lies clearly within the marketing department ;D money is a big issue in the video game industry Updates broke my Xbox 360!? :p

:)

Farrider36, Aug 30, 2014
  2. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    onyxishere, Aug 30, 2014
  3. New Update Broke My Xbox 360

This may not be the best spot for this, but I need opinions from everyone around the forums if you don't mind.

The new update broke my xbox 360. When I turn it on a download screen pops up for the update, but then immediately closes and new window pops up with the status code. I cant do anything after that screen, like access my dashboard. My controller wont even
    stay connected to use it.

I have contacted support 4 separate times and tried all the troubleshooting with no luck. I even downloaded the system update on my PC to a usb flash drive AND a disc, and neither worked. So then support has the audacity to tell me I need
    to contact the repair center and send it in, and pay for it myself? A
    month of waiting and $100+ dollars spent out of my pocket and time, for something they screwedd up on? Please tell me this is some kind of joke?

I even talked to a manager at one of the support centers and she told me the same thing. Never in my life, have I ever seen such
    horrible business hospitality, its unethical. Even if they were to pay for the repairs, This is still ridiculous and an un-needed inconvenience. I pay for a couple subscriptions on my xbox and pay for xbox live for this?

There has to be something I can do?! This cant be legal in technical terms can it? I have never been "that guy", but I should be getting a brand new console if they cant fix this somehow.

CopsmokingPot, Aug 30, 2014
  4. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest

Hey there Farrider!

If you still experiencing this issue, are you trying to play off a physical disc version or a digital downloaded version? I would suggest trying out these troubleshooting steps:

• If you installed GTAV to your Xbox 360 console, uninstall the game.
    • Clear your cache three times.
    • Restart your Xbox 360 console.
    • Download/install GTAV to your console.
    • Try playing it again.
    If those steps don't seem to do the trick, let us know!

Miss Diggz, Sep 2, 2014
  5. YU GI JOE Win User

I just joined the beta testers

the mega millions that broke my xbox this update broke my connectivity to live so the update is pointless now...
  6. Miss Diggz Win User

Hey there Farrider!

If you still experiencing this issue, are you trying to play off a physical disc version or a digital downloaded version? I would suggest trying out these troubleshooting steps:

• If you installed GTAV to your Xbox 360 console, uninstall the game.
    • Clear your cache three times.
    • Restart your Xbox 360 console.
    • Download/install GTAV to your console.
    • Try playing it again.
    If those steps don't seem to do the trick, let us know!
  7. onyxishere Win User

New Update Broke My Xbox 360

8. GamerAdrian7502 Win User

Cant download Dragon ball xenoverse

Dragon Ball Xenoverse broke my Xbox 360 reader, I have an elite with no hardrive and I installed it into one of my flash drives and it just broke my disc reader, it sucks :(
  9. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

update broke my xbox

5 years? Hard to spot a piece of electronics with a warranty that covers that length of time. Just 'cause you bought it doesn't mean you're entitled to a free fix. Doesn't happen with anything else in life. Sorry pal. The warranty for the 3 red lights is
    3 years which is generally quite generous for a console.
Thema:

1. Updates broke my Xbox 360!? - Similar Threads - Updates broke 360

2. Xbox One October Update broke the ability to play 360 games using the Companion app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One October Update broke the ability to play 360 games using the Companion app: I always connect to the Xbox from my laptop using the Windows Companion app. The Xbox console updated last night, and this morning I cannot play any backwards compatible 360 games while connected...
  3. October 2019 update broke the Kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    October 2019 update broke the Kinect: Kinect no longer powers on with the Xbox One X as of the October update. I have to physically unplug the USB cable and plug it back in. Its not the Kinect nor the USB adapter as I have a spare...
  4. New update broke my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    New update broke my xbox one: After I tried to update to the latest update for the xbox one it downloaded and verified the update as soon as the update goes to apply my xbox shuts off and I go to turn it back on again and it...
  5. Microsoft rewards app broke after updating

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft rewards app broke after updating: I'm on xbox one s a few minutes ago I turned it on and started the Microsoft rewards app and it said it needed an update, so I updated it. After the update I opened it and get an error message...
  6. Xbox one New software update December 2018 broke my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one New software update December 2018 broke my console: Hello Gamers This morning i turned on my xbox one x and had to download a update and it download the update but when hit 30% on veritfying update it just stop the update it showed my console id...
  7. My Xbox broke after the last update (error E 100 00000712 80070079)

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox broke after the last update (error E 100 00000712 80070079): Hi to everyone, my Xbox One (the first one, sold with Kinect), went on loop when installing the last update. It keep freezing on the third step, showing the error message. [img] [img] But...
  8. Psychonauts Update Broke the Game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Psychonauts Update Broke the Game?: Psychonauts just got a recent update on Xbox One. Ever since I installed the update I can no longer play it. They game starts just fine, but the screen turns black at the title screen just after...
  9. Newest 360 Update Broke My Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Newest 360 Update Broke My Drive: I woke up this morning and turned on my Xbox 360. A new update said it was available, so I downloaded it. After it finished, I was kicked to the plain non-signed in, no Xbox live dash. My...
  10. New Update Broke My Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Update Broke My Xbox 360: This may not be the best spot for this, but I need opinions from everyone around the forums if you don't mind. The new update broke my xbox 360. When I turn it on a download screen pops up for...