Updates for games and apps wont show up

Discus and support Updates for games and apps wont show up in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I cant get any updates to show for any games or apps on the series X, when I go into my games and apps, then to updates it's just constantly saying no... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dan F93, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Dan F93
    Dan F93 Guest

I cant get any updates to show for any games or apps on the series X, when I go into my games and apps, then to updates it's just constantly saying no updates currently available, I dont have the 'keep my games and apps up to date' boxed checked, the only way I can get updates is to insert a game disc and launch the game, I've tried clearing the cache and have completely reset the console but it still wont work, I've only noticed this since the latest console update, any ideas anyone? Thanks

:)

Dan F93, Dec 3, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

It's not on Microsoft side as I can update with no issues but sometimes a insider update could cause this issues on a console as this is not a ready to release update, that's why when you join the Insider program you agree to the fact that it's a software test and could cause some issues to the console that a ready to release software wont
  3. Dan F93 Win User

Thanks, so is this a known issue with the last update? seems like the issue is at Microsoft's end rather than the console itself
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Dan! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

If you are part of the Insider program please remove your device from the program and activate the keep my games and app option active until the next console update where you will receive a final update that should not have this situation
  5. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Update all games and apps?

As I discovered it:

Option "keep games and apps up to date" unchecked - still make possible updates show up in Updates under Games & Apps.

So you can manually start either one showing up.

But for system updates there is a button in settings to activate to check for updates.
  6. shin92i Win User

purchased game wont show up in owned apps

surprising access
    I advise you to direct you to the support they will be more able to help you there we tool them for https://support.xbox.com/ hoping that your problem is solved
Thema:

1. Updates for games and apps wont show up - Similar Threads - Updates games apps

2. XCloud catalog of games not updating on PC App?

in XboX Insiders
    XCloud catalog of games not updating on PC App?: For a while now it seems like the "Newly added" games don't show up in the PC App Cloud section. I usually have to circumvent that by going on my phone, start playing the game, then magically it...
  3. Xbox App won't update to the Insiders version after joining the Windows Gaming preview.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App won't update to the Insiders version after joining the Windows Gaming preview.: After joining the Xbox Insider program and join the Windows Gaming preview to try out Remote Play on my PC, nothing happens, Xbox App won't update or Xbox Game Bar, but if I join the Minecraft...
  4. Xbox App for PC won't let me update the games i downloaded.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App for PC won't let me update the games i downloaded.: So I have the Xbox App on my pc up to date and it won't let me update the games I have downloaded that needs an update. I was wondering if this is a bug that needs fixed or if it is something on...
  5. Xbox app showing Update Available after installing game updates

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app showing Update Available after installing game updates: I know Reddit isnt for posting problems only for discussing how wonderful everything is, but even with all the effort I've put in to keeping the W11 install up to date and often resetting both the...
  6. Updating any game on the Xbox app on PC results in the entire game re-installing

in XBoX on Windows
    Updating any game on the Xbox app on PC results in the entire game re-installing: Hi all, After a game update is downloaded this will then change to downloading the entire game instead. With Forza this results in a 100GB+ download after every update which is extremely...
  7. PC Xbox App updates games even when automatic updates are turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC Xbox App updates games even when automatic updates are turned off: Okay this is driving me up the wall. Context: I have a data cap on my very limited internet at home. Before I moved back home from college, I downloaded a ton of games onto my PC so that I could...
  8. Xbox (PC) app/MS Store - Advanced Install option causes recognised game updates to instead...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox (PC) app/MS Store - Advanced Install option causes recognised game updates to instead...: Xbox: 2112.1001.10.0 Gaming Services: 3.60.2001.0 Xbox Game Bar: 5.721.12013.0 Windows 11: 22000.348 I recently (as soon as it launched) started using the 'Advanced Installation and Management...
  9. Cannot update games - XBOX app PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot update games - XBOX app PC: Hey gamers, I am a game pass user for cca 6 months and consistently had issues with updating when it came to the Xbox app. So far I had a workaround. I was updating games from Microsoft Store,...
  10. Why does the Xbox app redownload the whole game when doing an update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app redownload the whole game when doing an update?: Exactly as the title says. Any game that requires an update needs the whole game redownloading. It's done it with FH5, Age of Empires, TheHunter, Minecraft even. It's such a rubbish system and is...