Updates for games are bigger for me than other friends

Discus and support Updates for games are bigger for me than other friends in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I need help finding out why updates are so much larger for me than other people. Some games I have to stop playing completely because of the update... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/VomitBath_, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Updates for games are bigger for me than other friends

I need help finding out why updates are so much larger for me than other people. Some games I have to stop playing completely because of the update sizes. I have a first gen console and I play online using a 50GB hotspot. I could just take my xbox to a friend's house to update or install games but its too much of a hassle. I recently got an update for Apex worth 40GB while everyone else only had 18GB. Its like this for every single game, not just apex, and I want to know if there's a fix for it.

submitted by /u/VomitBath_
    [link] [comments]

/u/VomitBath_, Dec 8, 2021
  2. WesleyReinitz Win User

Xbox 1X games reinstall completely whenever and update is needed for any game.

My update showed as 40GB my friends update was only 4GB. Other times i have seen 60GB on games like call of duty black ops 4. It shouldnt be that large of an update especially since it was bigger than the game itsef.
  3. brandiesel1 Win User

unhappy long time xbox user

That update is bigger than some games. Yikes! I wonder why game updates are so big now when they seemed so miniscule on the 360. It's not like the games are that much bigger...yet.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Lego Jurassic World Version Mismatch.

Even if there is no game saves, the update will still be stored where a game save would be, usually in the games and apps folder. (if the update is bigger than 5mb)
  5. AttackSloth32 Win User

39 Hour Installation Time

Unity took me a whack of time to install as well (probably about two days). Judging by your other download times, it sounds like your internet speed isn't the problem. You can still play a game after a certain percentage of download, though. I never really
    paid attention to how much space Unity was compared to a shooter like Battlefield 4, but I'm assuming it is much bigger than most shooting games, much bigger than Black Flag (which was just an updated for One version), and larger than Wolfenstein.
  6. neilhorgan Win User

Read This Article

Seem's to me that gaming's bigger now than it's ever been
Thema:

Updates for games are bigger for me than other friends

1. Updates for games are bigger for me than other friends - Similar Threads - Updates games are

2. Games, DLC and Updates Failing to Download because of 'Storage'

in XBoX on Windows
    Games, DLC and Updates Failing to Download because of 'Storage': For some reason, my XBOX Series X sometimes won't install stuff and tells me to free up space. My XBOX has over 400GB of space available so I have no idea why it does this. This didn't happen on...
  3. After updating Gaming services, Skyrim files disappear but still listed on start menu

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After updating Gaming services, Skyrim files disappear but still listed on start menu: After I was forced to download and update gaming services Skyrim fails to be able to be playable, getting an error saying it couldn't play because the app was offline. I cant uninstall the game,...
  4. Won’t let me install game updates

in XboX Insiders
    Won’t let me install game updates: They just stop after starting and it’s only for certain games. submitted by /u/RealScrapz [link] [comments]
  5. xbox series s game yakuza 4 does not update achievements.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox series s game yakuza 4 does not update achievements.: Hello, my yakuza 4 has not updated achievements for 4 days, during which I have completed all the side missions and have cleared them, as well as completed some of the collection missions, but...
  6. XCloud catalog of games not updating on PC App?

in XboX Insiders
    XCloud catalog of games not updating on PC App?: For a while now it seems like the "Newly added" games don't show up in the PC App Cloud section. I usually have to circumvent that by going on my phone, start playing the game, then magically it...
  7. Will I be able to download forza horizon 4 even after playground games stop giving updates...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I be able to download forza horizon 4 even after playground games stop giving updates...: I'm about to buy forza and I have a quick question that after buying the game will I be able to download it after playground games stop giving updates to it? 054b6c0f-3167-4bef-abd2-0a8186767c00
  8. I cant update the game services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant update the game services: Hi! I am having a problem updating the game services, when i try to update them I get the following error: "There was an unexpected problem, error code 0x00000000" I am desperate to fix this!...
  9. Game won't update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't update: My game won't update I've tried everything i could find that Microsoft says to fix it and it wont work in the beginning when i was trying to install it, a thing pops up asking for an update if i...
  10. Game won't update? Unable to play.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game won't update? Unable to play.: I have downloaded MLB the show mutilpe times, tried a hard restart, restart my network but I still keep getting 0x8b050033 error. I also tried launching this game from my Xbox app but still did...