Updating games on HDD

Discus and support Updating games on HDD in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Let me clear some things out the way first. I have a 3tb external HDD on the og xbox one, I use mobile data hotspot for Internet(I get about 30mbps but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by daffy5491, May 23, 2020.

1. daffy5491
    daffy5491 Guest

Updating games on HDD

Let me clear some things out the way first. I have a 3tb external HDD on the og xbox one, I use mobile data hotspot for Internet(I get about 30mbps but only 80gb fast speed).

I take my HDD to my dads house and connect it to my brothers xbox to update my games. I make sure my HDD is set to primary download spot but when I bring my HDD home and reconnect to my xbox my games that I updated try to reupdate and starts to download
    again. I leave it for a few mins to see if it completes instantly but it doesn't.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or have a solution.

Thanks, much love.

XPG Daffy

:)

daffy5491, May 23, 2020
  2. Frathos Win User

Xbox Installation Stopped

Are the games needing updates installed on the internal HDD? Do you have enough free space on the internal HDD? AFAIK, game updates are installed to the same HDD where the game is located. Try moving games from the internal HDD to the external HDD and
    then attempt to update them.
  3. XPG DAFFY Win User

Updating games on HDD

Yeah, I signed mine in amd signed his out, if done it in the past with no problems it was just this time.
  4. paganetor76 Win User

Updating games on HDD

Hi, have you switched to your profile on your brother's console?
  5. CyTeK1978 Win User

Hard drive

so, and most games need to be updated and there we have the problem. no hdd, no space, no update, game stuck on update.
  6. ALFA xXFrostyXx Win User

Game Error for sgining up for xbox live?!?

YES IT WORKED THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!! i took the hdd out so i guess the game update kinda clashed with the xbox live update but when i put the hdd back in will i be able to use my profiles for xbox live and how do i delete updates on the hdd?
Thema:

Updating games on HDD

1. Updating games on HDD - Similar Threads - Updating games HDD

2. Update has removed game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Update has removed game: I purchased an xbox one with gears of War 5 included. I had a new system update, now my game has disappeared and I can not download it again and my code for the games says it has already been...
  3. I need help when I try to update/install an App or Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help when I try to update/install an App or Game: When i try to install/update an App or game, the process stays in "updating" or "installing" but never finished, sometimes receive the following error You need this update, but we cant get it...
  4. Download games and updates onto external HDD through PC for install on console later

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download games and updates onto external HDD through PC for install on console later: I have really crappy internet at home and only 10 gb of data to use per month. Is there any way that I could bring an external HDD to work to download content through my PC and then run the...
  5. Can't launch or update games from ext HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't launch or update games from ext HDD: Hi there, I bought a Xbox game drive (Seagate 2tb) and a couple of games yesterday. Both games installed ok but neither game launches or updates after installing . One of the games did run but...
  6. Xbox not seeing space on Ext HDD/Game Update issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not seeing space on Ext HDD/Game Update issue: I have a 1TB Ext HDD, did a calculation to see I had only 300gigs of games installed, but it showed only 30gigs left. I have also had game update issues, Rainbow 6 and FH3 both do full reinstalls...
  7. Exteral HDD issue after UPDATE (game drive)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Exteral HDD issue after UPDATE (game drive): Has anyone solved this issue yet? My Xbox one cannot access content on my gaming external HDD- 2TB WD Black 7200rpm. I have read alot of similar threads but they seem to be related to media and...
  8. Your OS Update Did This... Can't Find External HDD or Play My Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your OS Update Did This... Can't Find External HDD or Play My Games: First started off with the code '0x80270300'. Hard reset the console... Now have code '0x87e000c8'. I cannot find my external HDD in storage settings. Microsoft, fix this NOW. PS.... The new...
  9. Why dose it take so long to install and or update a game from the disk to the HDD?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why dose it take so long to install and or update a game from the disk to the HDD?: I love my xbox one., but it takes almost forever to load the game and update to the hdd. The longest it took for me to load a game was 3 days!!!! Seeing I rent most of them what can I do to speed...
  10. Xbox 360 S refusing to recognize games on disc, updates or DLC after transfer from older HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S refusing to recognize games on disc, updates or DLC after transfer from older HDD: I recently migrated all my game content to an Xbox 360 S (250GB) from an Elite-model 120GB HDD, but encountered severe problems almost instantly. Games acquired digitally work fine, but those on...