Updating Minecraft for Xbox One to latest version

Discus and support Updating Minecraft for Xbox One to latest version in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I am trying to update my copy of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition to the newer version (bedrock edition) There is a button on the MC main menu that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by zoup15, Nov 5, 2019.

1. zoup15
    zoup15 Guest

Hello! I am trying to update my copy of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition to the newer version (bedrock edition)

There is a button on the MC main menu that says "Update to the latest version of Minecraft for Free!"

However, when I click that option, it tells me to buy the game for $20.

I read online the online instructions here: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/xbox-one-update-reminder , and followed them. I have played
    more than 5 hours as shown in achievements, and all in the last 12 months. ( I own a physical copy)

I haven't received a message or email from Microsoft with a code or anything, so what do I do?

:)

zoup15, Nov 5, 2019
  2. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

There are alot of people they have to get through and I believe you have until november 30th until you could see a message with your code.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Per the article, it looks like you should receive a code after November 30, but it could take weeks. If you don't receive a code, you'll need to contact support. http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  4. Tony Sims1 Win User

Hi Zoup15, I am in exactly the same position as you. I phoned Xbox support on Friday, they told me to contact Mojang the company that created Minecraft as they couldnt give me the code to upgrade minecraft, i emailed Mojang and havent received a reply.
    Just phoned Xbox Support again and asked them if they could get me the code because i have had no reply from Mojang, they told me i will have to wait for the code to be sent by xbox messaging service, they did say I should have received a message saying i
    was entitled to the upgrade which i havent received yet.
  5. NasifK Win User

Yeah you'll have to wait until nov 30, but don't worry you will still get it.
  6. MRSOCO1 Win User

Minecraft problem

Do you’re friend has the latest update on the pc that could also be a problem
    we're both on the same minecraft version, and his xbox and my pc are both updated
Thema:

1. Updating Minecraft for Xbox One to latest version - Similar Threads - Updating Minecraft latest

2. Minecraft: Xbox One Edition October 2019 Update Not Working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: Xbox One Edition October 2019 Update Not Working?: Over the last few days, I've been having issues updating/installing Minecraft. Since the update dropped, I tried to download it, but I was greeted with "Installing... 0.0%," and it's been stuck on...
  3. Can't update Minecraft Windows 10 Edition to 1.13

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update Minecraft Windows 10 Edition to 1.13: yesterday, the 1.13 update for bedrock edition released and I have seen many people playing it, but I followed the update instructions on minecraft.net, which tells me to go the windows store and...
  4. Minecraft Update 1.14

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Update 1.14: I am unable to download the update for version 1.14. I am currently on 1.12 I can't connect to a person for Mojang. I made an account on their website but it says that I don't own a copy. I...
  5. Minecraft: Xbox One Edition players can still update to Bedrock Edition for free!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: Xbox One Edition players can still update to Bedrock Edition for free!: Hi All Not sure if you are aware of this, but you can get the Bedrock edition of Minecraft for free if you play the Xbox One Edition from now until the 30th of November. More info below (as...
  6. Minecraft on xbone will not load after latest update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft on xbone will not load after latest update: Minecraft will not load after latest update.l have tried hard reset but no luck, any ideas? 717b3f3c-cffb-4a49-8059-158c15b58c24
  7. Need help to retrieve a world created in Minecraft that was deleted by the latest update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help to retrieve a world created in Minecraft that was deleted by the latest update.: So today I did a 1.6GB update of Minecraft in my Xbox 360 and the world I was working on has disappeared completely. The update failed so I decided to play in the older version, only to discover...
  8. Minecraft latest update error need help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft latest update error need help!: So I just came back from a holiday and I was ready to play some minecraft. I booted up my 2nd gen xbox 360, started the game and then this happened: I had to download the latest update (September...
  9. Problems With The Latest Minecraft Update for Xbox360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems With The Latest Minecraft Update for Xbox360: The latest Minecraft Xbox 360 update appears to be corrupt or bad. This latest update has made all my seeds unusable. Here are a few examples of things that I've encountered. When you first go...
  10. Latest Minecraft update crashed my world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Latest Minecraft update crashed my world: After todays update, my biggest survival world I was working on will no longer load. All other smaller worlds will load just fine. It will start to load.. then as the spawn areas are loading.....