upgrading a Child account to custom to allow purchases

Discus and support upgrading a Child account to custom to allow purchases in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi is there anybody had problems with upgrading a child account. I have tried accessing the 360 privacy settings on the console but then on save it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aidan43-1248B232-FCF0-4B15-8578-869F9EFB2FBB, May 3, 2014.

1. upgrading a Child account to custom to allow purchases

Hi is there anybody had problems with upgrading a child account. I have tried accessing the 360 privacy settings on the console but then on save it diverts me to a password prompt thats fine but the email address that it was setup in has expired, So what
    do i do now I have just redeemed a gift card on his xbox live account and he can't use it. I can't reset password for original account as that email doesn't exist. So frustrating you would think that it would warn you that when you are redeem the gift card
    under that live account that you will not be able to use it under that current account.

:)

Aidan43-1248B232-FCF0-4B15-8578-869F9EFB2FBB, May 3, 2014
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    How to allow a custom profile pic for my child?

Currently there is no way to allow child accounts to upload a custom pic.

Smwutches, May 3, 2014
  3. bubbabehandy
    bubbabehandy Guest

Does that mean there is also no way for a parent to upload a custom pic to be used for the child account?

bubbabehandy, May 3, 2014
  4. bubbabehandy Win User

Does that mean there is also no way for a parent to upload a custom pic to be used for the child account?
  5. Smwutches Win User

6. steeledwand7664 Win User

I cant change Privacy & online safety for one of my family accounts to allow purchases

Firstly changing the date of birth on a child account is not going to change it to an adult account on its xbox profile.

if the child account is set so that it can not make purchases the easiest place to go to make that change is account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with the parent account and it should give you the option there to allow purchases by the child account.
    then when you are finished making the purchase if you don't want them to be able to make purchases again you would just go back to that same website and choose to not allow them to make purchases
  7. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Uploading A custom Profile Photo

Changing the birthdate under your profile doesn't changes your child account to adult.

Only the parental account can upgrade a child account when the service registers that the account has reached 18+

Unluckily only adult accounts can post custom profile pictures for obvious reasons
  8. Njal the Blue Win User

Child account

Hi I doubt they will ever allow custom pictures for child accounts. It is a safety thing, ensures your child can't put a photo of themselves up (which could attract grooming) or using images that are unsuitable (drugs related, gun related, no copyrights)

These are just a few examples as to why custom gamer pics are locked for child accounts
Thema:

upgrading a Child account to custom to allow purchases

1. upgrading a Child account to custom to allow purchases - Similar Threads - upgrading Child account

2. Internal upgrade??

in XboX Insiders
    Internal upgrade??: So I'm on Alpha ring using a One X and I want to upgrade the internal drive. Any suggestions for disaster prevention? submitted by /u/RBGfreeDom [link] [comments]
  3. Restarted Gears5 on Steam and all my saves and my upgrades are gone

in XBoX on Windows
    Restarted Gears5 on Steam and all my saves and my upgrades are gone: I need to restart the game now all over and I was in chapter5!!!!! Any quick fixes?! I have all the awesome upgrades for Jack... aad307e1-2de9-4d2e-9bfe-d40d6dd9ad5c
  4. Can't upgrade my year of live to game pass ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't upgrade my year of live to game pass ultimate: Hello, So for the past few days im been trying to upgrade my year of xbox live to ultimate, as it just expired. Every time i try to upgrade i keep getting a "try that again" error. I've contacted...
  5. Cant upgrade to Xbox Ultimate from normal game pass.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant upgrade to Xbox Ultimate from normal game pass.: Hey, Anyone else unable to upgrade to ultimate? See images. [img] I click this, but when I get to the next page, the join button is greyed out and gives a NO ENTRY symbol when hovering....
  6. Upgrade to premium version of jigsaw failed

in XBoX on Windows
    Upgrade to premium version of jigsaw failed: I wanted to buy this. The process broke off on the last entry. An address for Germany is fixed and can not be changed over to Switzerland. How can I solve this trivial problem? There does not...
  7. Oyun ve Upgrade [Mod Translated - Game and Upgrade]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Oyun ve Upgrade [Mod Translated - Game and Upgrade]: Merhaba, Bir arkadaşım Red Dead Redemption 2 keyi verecek. Fakat ben oyunu Ultimate edition paketi ile oynamak istiyorum. Arkadaşımın verdiği keyi girsem, 1). Ultimate edition paketini ayrı...
  8. Upgrading my XBox child account to an adult account

in XBoX on Windows
    Upgrading my XBox child account to an adult account: Hello, when I created my XBox account, I did a mistake when I entered my birthdate. On my microsoft account it is correct already, but the XBox app keeps saying that my account is an child...
  9. Upgrading from Child Account to Adult Account + Custom Gamer Image

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading from Child Account to Adult Account + Custom Gamer Image: Hello people, I have run into an issue on my account where it was set up as a child account and not an adult one and I have yet to find out how to fix that. The first time I noticed this issue...
  10. Child Account Upgrade to Gold Membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child Account Upgrade to Gold Membership: Like a lot of people, we had a family membership that disappeared recently. Both my kids accounts went to Xbox Live Free accounts. Can someone tell me how I can subscribe both kids with their...