“Upgrading” retail disks to on-demand games?

Discus and support “Upgrading” retail disks to on-demand games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I admit it. I have done a terrible mistake and bought retail disks. They take up space, is a hassle to swap out, and are generally in the way. How can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aeyoun, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Aeyoun
    Aeyoun Guest

I admit it. I have done a terrible mistake and bought retail disks. They take up space, is a hassle to swap out, and are generally in the way.

How can I upgrade my physical disks to on-demand games? Do I have to pay the full retail price?

:)

Aeyoun, Jun 10, 2014
  2. Judge
    Judge Guest
    Jeopardy not on marketplace?

Jeopardy is only available as a retail disk. You can buy the retail disk at any major retailer for $29.99. The demo and DLC is the only thing offered in the marketplace on the Xbox, there is no game on demand version available.

Judge, Jun 10, 2014
  3. Sword Style
    Sword Style Guest
    History repeating itself?

The only game I ever bought more than once was The Witcher 2. I had the retail version. But my dog bumped my 360 while I was playing it and the disk was destroyed. I was at a good part in the game and wanted to keep playing, so I just bought the games on
    demand version.

Sword Style, Jun 10, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Yes, you would have to pay for the digital version. It would actually use the same installation file, so all it would download is essentially a licence, but as it is still another copy of the game you would still need to pay for the game.

maxen, Jun 10, 2014
  5. maxen Win User

Yes, you would have to pay for the digital version. It would actually use the same installation file, so all it would download is essentially a licence, but as it is still another copy of the game you would still need to pay for the game.
  6. Judge Win User

Jeopardy not on marketplace?

Jeopardy is only available as a retail disk. You can buy the retail disk at any major retailer for $29.99. The demo and DLC is the only thing offered in the marketplace on the Xbox, there is no game on demand version available.
  7. ngocphi Win User

no customer support from microsoft

because there wasnt any availablility

this is a activision issue as they set the terms and conditions of the upgrade

to upgrade to cod ghost edition over live you must have the cod god version

if you want to upgrade the disk version you must exchange it at your friendly neighbourhood gamestop in NA or your local retailer offering the upgrade
  8. Daegan Walsh Win User

Forza Horizon disk read error for a games on demand version.

It's not the disk version it's the Games on Demand version of the game. That's the problem I get the disk error with no disk in my Xbox. I'm using the Games on Demand version of the game and no one has any fixes for it, so I just wasted $60.
  9. UpliftKnight Win User

Xbox live marketplace game won't work.

Is it a games on demand version or retail?
Thema:

1. “Upgrading” retail disks to on-demand games? - Similar Threads - “Upgrading” retail disks

2. Upgrading games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upgrading games: I bought the $60 digital version of Modern Warfare. I would like to upgrade to the $80 or $100 digital version. Can I pay the difference or do I have pay the full price of $80 or $100?...
  3. xbox game pass ultimate upgrade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox game pass ultimate upgrade: xbox game pass ultimate 업그 이드는 계 당 1회만 가능한가요? [Translation - Can I upgrade only once per account?] e9649b0e-0d20-4502-b157-b2353a9c5baa
  4. If I pay full price for a new xbox one x, can I upgrade it to Scarlett for free when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I pay full price for a new xbox one x, can I upgrade it to Scarlett for free when it...: If I pay full price for a new xbox one x, can I upgrade it to Scarlett for free when it releases? f4a25b03-96e4-48fa-aded-13a1d1742005
  5. Just upgraded to the alpha update ring, updated the console but my UI is identical?

in XboX Insiders
    Just upgraded to the alpha update ring, updated the console but my UI is identical?: I was expecting to see that badass new ui but nothing seems to have changed at all, am I missing something? submitted by /u/Spacecowboy947 [link] [comments]
  6. Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Upgrade

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Upgrade: I have the standard edition of Modern Warfare and have decided I would like to upgrade my standad edition to the operator enhanced edition, Is there a way i can do this?...
  7. Hopefully i'm only getting this message because I was upgraded to the Delta ring this...

in XboX Insiders
    Hopefully i'm only getting this message because I was upgraded to the Delta ring this...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Kevetor [link] [comments]
  8. Gamepass Ultimate upgrade deletes Xbox tenure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepass Ultimate upgrade deletes Xbox tenure: I have been on Xbox since the beta so over 16 year uninterrupted. I upgraded to Ultimate around E3 and just noticed that my tenure has been totally wiped out when I go to my profile. I know it's...
  9. Error code 0x803f8001 on PC after upgrading to new hardware.

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code 0x803f8001 on PC after upgrading to new hardware.: I recently activated the Xbox Game Pass for PC to play The Outer Worlds. It was going great. I ordered some upgraded hardware - GPU, CPU, motherboard. GPU came in first so I played a few days...
  10. Question about Minecraft (1.14 Upgrade Villagers and Pillagers)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question about Minecraft (1.14 Upgrade Villagers and Pillagers): I bought Minecraft for my kids about 12 months ago for there xbox one, they know want the latest version. Its say on the game that it can be upgraded for free but when i click on the upgrade it...