Upgrading to a family pass.

Discus and support Upgrading to a family pass. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a Xbox live gold subscription and would like to change it to a family one. Haven't got an igloo on how to go about this, any ideas??... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Qua5iM0d0, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Qua5iM0d0
    Qua5iM0d0 Guest

Hi all,

I have a Xbox live gold subscription and would like to change it to a family one. Haven't got an igloo on how to go about this, any ideas??

Thanks Amanda.

:)

Qua5iM0d0, Feb 8, 2014
  2. An Xbox Dude
    An Xbox Dude Guest
    Upgrading to a Family Account

You will be credited whatever gold time you have left.

An Xbox Dude, Feb 8, 2014
  3. Upgrading to a Family Account

I've been a Gold subscriber since 2004 and my Wife has had her own gold account for the last 2 or 3 years.... with the Family Gold plan I figured it would be great if we could sign up for that instead and then have a couple of extra gold accounts that our
    friends can use when they visit.

My question is this... if I sign up as the primary account, what happens to the remaining subscription time on my Wife's account?

I had assumed that I could simply identify both accounts and since I've already paid for $120 worth of Gold subscription it would just average the remaining time and I'd pay the $99 re-up a when time ran out.

Going through the process on Xbox.com however they want me to pay $45 to upgrade my account to the family plan, and that's fine IF I get credit for the remaining subscription balance on my wife's account when I add that to the family plan as well.

I couldn't find anything in the documentation that told me anything about what happens to subscription time for anything but the primary account.

Twistedsymphony, Feb 8, 2014
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

You don't it has been canceled since sept

Only sharing plan is the new xbox one home gold plan which allows all profiles on the home console to have gold

And only works on the xbox one

ngocphi, Feb 8, 2014
  5. ngocphi Win User

You don't it has been canceled since sept

Only sharing plan is the new xbox one home gold plan which allows all profiles on the home console to have gold

And only works on the xbox one
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Home Console and Game Pass Ultimate

I upgraded to the Ultimate pass myself and the family still has access to my Gold and Game Pass games on the home console so you should still be good to go. :)
  7. Starfury2k Win User

I upgraded to the Ultimate pass myself and the family still has access to my Gold and Game Pass games on the home console so you should still be good to go. :)
    Onyx Is Here,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I upgraded and was able to have my wife verify that the kids still had access to my library. Haven't verified Game Pass yet, but my 50 meter target was making sure my son still had his Slime Rancher!
  8. AlanGomes1 Win User

Family plan for Xbox game pass

Hello,

I currently have a game pass subscription and just purchased an Xbox one x. My son's are active duty military and they both have an Xbox One S

Is there an upgrade option to a family plan so we can play online together? As it stands now, we both can't be connected at the same time.

What upgrade options or packages are available and how do I upgrade it?

Thanks,

Carl
  9. Onyx Is Here Win User

Thank you for sharing your experience. I upgraded and was able to have my wife verify that the kids still had access to my library. Haven't verified Game Pass yet, but my 50 meter target was making sure my son still had his Slime Rancher!

Glad to hear you've got that confirmed. I'm looking forward to all the great games coming to the Pass this year.
Thema:

1. Upgrading to a family pass. - Similar Threads - Upgrading family pass

2. Subscription upgrade/downgrade

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Subscription upgrade/downgrade: How can i change my subscription from a 3 month to a 12 month on Xbox? I am so irritated that their site does not offer this as an option adbb4b55-75a0-4d08-9213-f67ad83a4634
  3. logo is gone after upgrade

in XBoX on Consoles
    logo is gone after upgrade: My xbox one x no longer appears the logo on startup after the 1/7 upgrade. It's about 20 seconds on the black screen and the panel already appears 08911635-6e45-436c-ae92-1af24e9e21eb
  4. Battlefront 2 Celebration Edition Upgrade won't play, error 0x80040900

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefront 2 Celebration Edition Upgrade won't play, error 0x80040900: Hi, we purchased the Celebration Edition upgrade for Battlefront 2 last night and after it installed we hit a problem. The new features all seem to be there when the game is loaded, but when we...
  5. Upgrade Gold to Game Pass Ultimate?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Upgrade Gold to Game Pass Ultimate?: I got Xbox Live Gold thinking that you can upgrade all the months you have of it to Game Pass Ultimate (the Xbox app says "Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live...
  6. Minecraft Windows 10 change / upgrade to Java version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 change / upgrade to Java version: Hi, My son accidently bought Minecraft for Windows10 instead of the Java version. Is is possible to cancel Windows 10 and then buy Java or could one upgrade from Win10 to Java? I have sent a...
  7. Probleme mise a niveau battlefield 5[Battlefield 5 upgrade problem]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Probleme mise a niveau battlefield 5[Battlefield 5 upgrade problem]: Bonjour J'avais installé la version d'essai de bf5 que je n'ai pas activé a la fin du free weekend. Puis j'ai eu la version physique ce noel. J'aimerais pouvoir etre un heureux christmas noob...
  8. Question: Will "upgrading" from Xbox Game Pass for Console and Xbox Live Gold to Xbox Game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question: Will "upgrading" from Xbox Game Pass for Console and Xbox Live Gold to Xbox Game...: I'm not sold on paying Microsoft $1 to "upgrade" to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate if that means I'll be giving up all of the time I have on Xbox Game Pass for Console and Xbox Live Gold except for what...
  9. Upgrading Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upgrading Minecraft: I have the xbox one edition of Minecraft and was wondering if i can get the new one simply called "Minecraft" for free. Is there a way i can make this happen? I would be truly thankful....
  10. How to upgrade individual account to family?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to upgrade individual account to family?: HI All, new to this so I'm hoping to get some help from someone out there. I purchased an Xbox live gold account for my kids and didn't realize they can have only one gamer tag. I'm looking to...