Upgrading XBox Live Gold subscription to Gamepass Ultimate conversion ratio 1:1?- November 2020

Discus and support Upgrading XBox Live Gold subscription to Gamepass Ultimate conversion ratio 1:1?- November 2020 in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I see a lot of conflicting answers to this question (including from ambassadors/moderators here, as far as I can tell) and was wondering if anyone... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by RyanMcNeil2, Nov 21, 2020.

1. RyanMcNeil2
    RyanMcNeil2 Guest

Upgrading XBox Live Gold subscription to Gamepass Ultimate conversion ratio 1:1?- November 2020

I see a lot of conflicting answers to this question (including from ambassadors/moderators here, as far as I can tell) and was wondering if anyone could provide a concrete answer as of the current date.
    e.g.:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/conflicting-info-on-converting-existing-gold/2dd1882b-5c8d-4b3e-9daa-ce1f296be579?auth=1

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/clarification-on-gamepass-ultimate-conversion/050a392e-0c26-4ace-a661-87e4f35583d5

I currently have almost 3 years of XBL Gold on my account and have previously had (but do not currently have) 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate via an old sale. When I select "Upgrade" the fine print states "Joining Xbox Game Pass Ultimate will upgrade your
    remaining Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass or EA Play membership(s) into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at the current conversion ratio, up to 36 months...". Is this to say that if I upgrade today, my 3 years of XBL Gold will be converted to less than 3 years of Ultimate?
    Or is that ratio 1:1 for XBL Gold?

Sorry to add to the excess of posts on this topic and thank you for any and all help!

:)

RyanMcNeil2, Nov 21, 2020
  2. HackingSpartan8 Win User

xbox ultimate exchange rip off

On top of the Gold, GamePass and GamePass for PC you also get Ultimate Editions of Xbox Game Studios games. You get a way bigger value with ultimate that's why the conversion rate is lower. As others have already mentioned, the initial conversion converts
    both the Xbox Live Gold and GamePass time at the ratio of 1:1
  3. Smwutches Win User

I had Game Pass Ultimate from November to February, then cancelled it. I never did the Live Gold to GPU conversion. Can I do that if I sign up for Game Pass again?

Yes it will. If you are upgrading from a standard gold or game pass to Ultimate, it will upgrade at a ratio of 1:1. The FAQ does mention a different conversion ratio, but that is if you currently have Ultimate and are adding a standard gold or game pass.
  4. ItzAprilLol Win User

Xbox game pass ultimate

Hello!

Purchase of Ultimate plan automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) to Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Learn how this works at www.xbox.com/gamepass. Future code redemptions are
    also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to Ultimate are final: Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Ultimate membership back to a previous membership. Maximum 36 months of redeemed Ultimate per account
    at a time, including any converted time from Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass (for PC or console).

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/gold/upgrade
  5. Honda Man 04 Win User

Canceling Xbox Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Good to know. The small print leads you to believe that you are married to the upgrade.

Purchase of Ultimate plan automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) to Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Learn how this works at

www.xbox.com/gamepass
    . Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to Ultimate are final: Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Ultimate membership back to a previous membership.
    Maximum 36 months of redeemed Ultimate per account at a time, including any converted time from Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass (for PC or console).
  6. NaZoooom Win User

Xbox live gold

Hi peter davidberrill,

When you upgrade from Live Gold to Ultimate your account subscription is upgrade and Live Gold is cancelled automatically as you have chosen to upgrade to the all in one service.

You can only revert back to Live Gold if you Cancel your subscription for Ultimate.

Any GamePass or Live Gold cards are converted based on a ratio based on estimated retail price of thise codes. Conversion rates can be found in the GamePass FAQ at the
    bottom of the page.
Thema:

1. Upgrading XBox Live Gold subscription to Gamepass Ultimate conversion ratio 1:1?- November 2020 - Similar Threads - Upgrading Live Gold

2. Upgrading Gold Live to Game Pass Ultimate for $1 for a full 36 months?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading Gold Live to Game Pass Ultimate for $1 for a full 36 months?: I read that Xbox has a promotion running where for $1 you can upgrade from Live Gold to GP Ultimate for just $1 and - this part is important - that this upgrade actually applies for the duration...
  3. upgrade from Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    upgrade from Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate?: If I redeem three 1-year Live Gold codes for a total of 36 months, should I wait one month until I have 35 months left to upgrade to Game Pass ultimate? Because you get an extra month when you do...
  4. Can't upgrade Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't upgrade Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate: When I try to buy the upgrade, either through the site or the Xbox, I get an error. "It looks like something went wrong, but we can help. Contact Microsoft Support at support.microsoft.com" But...
  5. How do I upgrade my son's xbox live gold to game pass ultimate?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I upgrade my son's xbox live gold to game pass ultimate?: How do I upgrade my son's xbox live gold to game pass ultimate? My son currently has Xbox live gold. When he tries to add the subscription for game pass, it says that it needs a parent to buy...
  6. cant upgrade xbox live gold to ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    cant upgrade xbox live gold to ultimate: Yesterday my ultimate expired and i cancel it cause i couldnt pay at this time.Unfortunately my son bought and activate for me an xbox live gold subscription for 36 months,but from the wrong...
  7. Can't upgrade Live Gold to Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't upgrade Live Gold to Ultimate: Hi all, So this is the situation I've got right now. While I'm waiting for Series X to be released, I purchased Live Gold Subscription (3x12months) in advance. So here we go. I quite easily...
  8. I just tried to upgrade my 2 years of Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate with the $1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just tried to upgrade my 2 years of Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate with the $1...: I don't really understand what I did wrong. I literally just bought my first Xbox like a week ago and I know I've never used this promotion before. My Xbox came with a free trial of Game Pass, but...
  9. Can't upgrade Live Gold to Ultimate, region problem

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can't upgrade Live Gold to Ultimate, region problem: Hello, I'm from Croatia, and because we dont have LIVE Gold here, to buy things from Store - my region is Germany. So, I changed Store region, console region, Store language (euro for valute) and...
  10. Upgrading Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Upgrading Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate: I know that Microsoft offers an upgrade to your Xbox Live Gold subscription to Game Pass Ultimate for a small fee. I just don't know if I would qualify for this upgrade. Any insight would be...