USB backward compatibility

Discus and support USB backward compatibility in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to download a xbox 360 game on my xbox one and I could not because it was on a usb is there any way to play the game with out a physical... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TreeUH, Oct 8, 2019.

1. TreeUH
    TreeUH Guest

When trying to download a xbox 360 game on my xbox one and I could not because it was on a usb is there any way to play the game with out a physical copy on the xbox one or is there a way for the xbox one to read games not just videos photos and music

:)

TreeUH, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

Storage options

No. But USB 3.0 is backwards compatible so it can still work in a 2.0 slot.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

To explain a bit why that won't work:

The Xbox One doesn't understand the "language" in which the Xbox 360 games are stored on disc or USB. The disc for physical copies is just a "proof of purchase" for the Xbox One, and the actual code for running the game on the Xbox One is downloaded from
    the Xbox Marketplace in a "translated" language the Xbox One can understand.

If you installed a game from disc on an USB drive, it's missing the "proof of purchase" license the disc would provide.

If it were a digital download game, it would show up under Ready to Install in your account's Games and Apps, and you could simply download it for free, as the "proof of purchase" for a digital download game is stored in your account.

However without a disc, there is no proof of purchase, and you can't install the game on the Xbox One.
  4. ngocphi Win User

For game storage you need at least 256 gigs or the xbox one wont read it

Also should be noted an install from an xbox 360 wont work regardless as you still need the BC patch which still has to be downloaded and the game still has to be installed unless you have the disc itself

If you already bought it digitally just redownload it unless you dont live in your account region in which case only by downloading it from your account region can you do it
  5. Robby Sayles Win User

As of today, everything is digital, so the USB will not work.
  6. JayDelgado Win User

If you own a digital xbox 360 game that is compatible with backwards compatibility, it should appear in "Ready to Install" on Games and App
Thema:

1. USB backward compatibility - Similar Threads - USB backward compatibility

2. Hard disk USB and wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard disk USB and wifi connection: Hi, sorry for english (i don' use translator) i have a question for expert people or engineering microsoft. Why if i put an hard disk usb external (usb 3.0) and power on xbox one s, the wifi does...
  3. Xbox Elite 2 - Windows 10 - Won't connect after using USB cable

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite 2 - Windows 10 - Won't connect after using USB cable: Since it's not possible to configure my controller connected with Bluetooth I have to connect with the USB-C cable. It works like it should, I can configure the controller, but after I remove the...
  4. Controller working intermittent even on USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller working intermittent even on USB: I looked everywhere, tried everything. We just bought an xbox one x for christmas with 2 controllers. The one works great. The problematic one was good until a couple days ago. the controller...
  5. Can't use my Android devices to watch TV in the OneGuide (USB TV tuner)

in XboX Insiders
    Can't use my Android devices to watch TV in the OneGuide (USB TV tuner): This has been an issue for a while! I am no longer able to use OneGuide on my Android devices. For example, on the phone I'm reporting from, the Xbox Companion app tells me to set up Live TV on...
  6. Xbox elite controller with a loose micro usb port. Help requested

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox elite controller with a loose micro usb port. Help requested: About half a year ago I bought an Xbox elite controller. About half the games I play on pc I prefer to play with an xbox controller. Before I just got xbox 360 controllers which were fine. But now...
  7. Gaming headset - jack usb adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming headset - jack usb adapter: Hi, This is a question related to this post (wich has been closed) : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/corsair-gaming-headset/6306b78c-8fa6-4d9f-b0c4-d010a5d68edc Is it...
  8. Save backwards compatible game save on usb

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Save backwards compatible game save on usb: Is there a way to save an xbox 360 game (backwards compatible on xbox one) to a usb, and load the save if your data gets corrupted? 9da283c6-a634-4a3f-924d-2726a8f0d974
  9. xbox 360E 4GB backward compatibility with original xbox games using external USB Hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360E 4GB backward compatibility with original xbox games using external USB Hard drive?: Hi, I have a xbox 360 E 4GB console. It supports plugging in an external USB hard drive,. Will the original xbox emulator be installable onto the external hard drive, allowing me to play...
  10. Backwards compability for USB 3.0 External hardrives on XBox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Backwards compability for USB 3.0 External hardrives on XBox 360?: Hello!! Im just curious if, there is backwards compability for a USB 3.0 harddrives when they are connected to a xbox 360 Kind regards, Semi! e515e60a-711c-4ca2-83db-b78acea7e1ab