USB backward compatibility

Discus and support USB backward compatibility in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to download a xbox 360 game on my xbox one and I could not because it was on a usb is there any way to play the game with out a physical... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TreeUH, Oct 8, 2019.

1. TreeUH
    TreeUH Guest

When trying to download a xbox 360 game on my xbox one and I could not because it was on a usb is there any way to play the game with out a physical copy on the xbox one or is there a way for the xbox one to read games not just videos photos and music

:)

TreeUH, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

Storage options

No. But USB 3.0 is backwards compatible so it can still work in a 2.0 slot.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

To explain a bit why that won't work:

The Xbox One doesn't understand the "language" in which the Xbox 360 games are stored on disc or USB. The disc for physical copies is just a "proof of purchase" for the Xbox One, and the actual code for running the game on the Xbox One is downloaded from
    the Xbox Marketplace in a "translated" language the Xbox One can understand.

If you installed a game from disc on an USB drive, it's missing the "proof of purchase" license the disc would provide.

If it were a digital download game, it would show up under Ready to Install in your account's Games and Apps, and you could simply download it for free, as the "proof of purchase" for a digital download game is stored in your account.

However without a disc, there is no proof of purchase, and you can't install the game on the Xbox One.
  4. ngocphi Win User

For game storage you need at least 256 gigs or the xbox one wont read it

Also should be noted an install from an xbox 360 wont work regardless as you still need the BC patch which still has to be downloaded and the game still has to be installed unless you have the disc itself

If you already bought it digitally just redownload it unless you dont live in your account region in which case only by downloading it from your account region can you do it
  5. Robby Sayles Win User

As of today, everything is digital, so the USB will not work.
  6. JayDelgado Win User

If you own a digital xbox 360 game that is compatible with backwards compatibility, it should appear in "Ready to Install" on Games and App
Thema:

1. USB backward compatibility - Similar Threads - USB backward compatibility

2. Factory reset of Xbox One via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Factory reset of Xbox One via USB: I'm getting the 102 error, and I tried resetting the console to factory default using the USB flash drive, but it just turns off after I release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the two beeps....
  3. USB Mic for Xbox 1?

in XBoX Accessibility
    USB Mic for Xbox 1?: Hello. I am trying to use a USB mic for my Xbox one. I can hear other people but they can't hear me. I don't know if Xbox supports USB mics or if there's a setting I need to change....
  4. Bluetooth? USB tethering?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bluetooth? USB tethering?: Is there any way to USB tether an android device directly to Xbox one x to use the internet connection on the device? Also xbox one x does not have Bluetooth??? 9025d0cf-4163-42b5-a826-693dbe53c0d1
  5. Request to make it possible to transfer saves from 360 to ONE with USB

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Request to make it possible to transfer saves from 360 to ONE with USB: I'd like to request and suggest to make it possible to transfer save files for backwards compatible games from 360 to ONE with USB stick. It seems really unnecessary to buy Live Gold just for...
  6. USB flash drive 360 system update not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB flash drive 360 system update not working: I have a Fat32 formatted 128GB USB flash drive that I have unzipped the Xbox 360 system update to. The update does not begin when starting the console as the instructions says it should. I've...
  7. USB audio???????

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB audio???????: Why doesn't xbox one support usb audio for all headsets I have astro a50 and mic cords are trash. My ps4 that rarely play has the audio and mic through the usb port from my amp with no optical...
  8. Why doesn't the USB headset work on XBOX?

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't the USB headset work on XBOX?: Why do headphones not work directly from XBOX? In ps4 plugplay and xbox is not supported. submitted by /u/fabiohcnobre [link] [comments]
  9. xbox 360E 4GB backward compatibility with original xbox games using external USB Hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360E 4GB backward compatibility with original xbox games using external USB Hard drive?: Hi, I have a xbox 360 E 4GB console. It supports plugging in an external USB hard drive,. Will the original xbox emulator be installable onto the external hard drive, allowing me to play...
  10. Backwards compability for USB 3.0 External hardrives on XBox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Backwards compability for USB 3.0 External hardrives on XBox 360?: Hello!! Im just curious if, there is backwards compability for a USB 3.0 harddrives when they are connected to a xbox 360 Kind regards, Semi! e515e60a-711c-4ca2-83db-b78acea7e1ab