USB Drive connection through Media Player probelm

Discus and support USB Drive connection through Media Player probelm in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having media player usb connection problems. I uninstalled the app then reinstalled as adviced by Microsoft but the same thing happens. And still... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hitechfunk, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Hitechfunk
    Hitechfunk Guest

I'm having media player usb connection problems. I uninstalled the app then reinstalled as adviced by Microsoft but the same thing happens. And still no fix by MS. This will become more of an issue after Christmas season and new xbox one users realize they
    can't play their media files and no fix available. They even closed and locked the thread with the wrong solution. Now the issues is being ignored. I'm sure they are working on a fix but don't just ignore us! C'mon Microsoft

:)

Hitechfunk, Dec 21, 2014
  2. Waynimus
    Waynimus Guest
    USB Drive looses connection through Media Player.

I am having this exact same issue. Tried two different USB sticks and same, 15 mins or so in and error pops up and have to forward into video again. I was in the Preview too, and that was fine, just seems to be a bug with the public release of the app.

Waynimus, Dec 21, 2014
  3. Flashuk1983
    Flashuk1983 Guest

I've had this happen a lot too.

Really annoying when it does it during a film, and turns out it's 5 minutes from the end.

Flashuk1983, Dec 21, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear you can't access the connection. Have you tried holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down?

onyxishere, Dec 22, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear you can't access the connection. Have you tried holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down?
  6. Waynimus Win User

I am having this exact same issue. Tried two different USB sticks and same, 15 mins or so in and error pops up and have to forward into video again. I was in the Preview too, and that was fine, just seems to be a bug with the public release of the app.
  7. Flashuk1983 Win User

I've had this happen a lot too.

Really annoying when it does it during a film, and turns out it's 5 minutes from the end.
  8. dboyrusky Win User

All memory sticks are ntfs, but both fat 32 and ntfs have this bug. It seems it is only happening with the USB sticks.
  9. dboyrusky Win User

Ok thanks, hopefully it will get patched up soon..
Thema:

1. USB Drive connection through Media Player probelm - Similar Threads - USB Drive connection

2. Putting games from pc onto USB/flash drive

in XboX Insiders
    Putting games from pc onto USB/flash drive: So I have farming simulator from xbox game pass pc on my computer and I was wondering if there is a way of putting the game onto a USB/ flash drive so I can play it on my laptop and if so how?...
  3. XBOX One Not recognizing External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One Not recognizing External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: I am trying to use a Samsung SHP-ZA10K 1TB external hard drive for games and apps on a XBOX One console. It is definitely USB 3.0. The XBOX will not recognize the drive unless I use a powered...
  4. External USB Disc Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    External USB Disc Drive: Can you use an external USB disc drive on the digital Xbox One? ef548f8e-718e-41cc-a71d-5c84296c591b
  5. Anyone have any luck purchasing a USB 3.0 Hub to connect additional external hard drives to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Anyone have any luck purchasing a USB 3.0 Hub to connect additional external hard drives to...: Hopefully someone out there can answer this question, I have 2 external hard drives hooked up to my Xbox One X with a third sitting downstairs with nothing to do except wait due to the fact I have...
  6. Have a USB internal hard drive connected but Xbox says no storage device connected.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have a USB internal hard drive connected but Xbox says no storage device connected.: I have a USB external 500 gb hard drive connected to my 500 gb Xbox one making it a terabyte. When I go into Injustice gods among us which is b/c on the Xbox one. I get a message saying missing...
  7. USB Drive "not strong enough"?? - cannot connect USB drive to XBOX One

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB Drive "not strong enough"?? - cannot connect USB drive to XBOX One: HI, my Xbox One 1TB of HDD is nearly filled... so I got me a external HDD with USB ... but the XBOX "sees" it, but gives me an error message something like "connection not strong enough" I tried...
  8. Connecting ADATA ASH-14 USB 3.0 drive to XBOX 360E

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting ADATA ASH-14 USB 3.0 drive to XBOX 360E: Hello. I have a question about connecting USB 3.0 ADATA ASH-14 drive 500GB to XBOX360E. Drive is not working with console. Formated FAT32. Device is recognized by XBOX but when im trying to use...
  9. Connecting/Configuring 4TB external hard drive via USB. Not working! :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connecting/Configuring 4TB external hard drive via USB. Not working! :(: Hi, We are trying to connected a 4TB Western Digital external hard drive to our xbox 360 to play movies, shows, and music on our television. Currently, a 1TB Western Digital external hard drive...
  10. USB Drive looses connection through Media Player.

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB Drive looses connection through Media Player.: USB drive looses connection after about 20 seconds playing a song through Media Player. When playing a movie, it disconnects about every 15 minutes or so. It is really annoying because after each...