USB flash drive 360 system update not working

Discus and support USB flash drive 360 system update not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Fat32 formatted 128GB USB flash drive that I have unzipped the Xbox 360 system update to. The update does not begin when starting the console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WilliamGraham8, Oct 1, 2019.

1. USB flash drive 360 system update not working

I have a Fat32 formatted 128GB USB flash drive that I have unzipped the Xbox 360 system update to. The update does not begin when starting the console as the instructions says it should. I've tried multiple times.

We have not used this system in a while now, and evidently we are so far behind on updates that the system cannot connect to xBox Live to download the update. When that it attempted, it fails either at the very end of the download or immediately.

Please advise.

:)

WilliamGraham8, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Miss Portia Win User

System Update Stopped

Hey there - the solution for this error is to try installing the update via a CD or USB Flash Drive. Not all flash drives will work, so if one doesn't work, it's good to try another. More info:

support.xbox.com/.../system-update-help
  3. ChlomirxAzz Win User

Can't download update, so won't connect to xbox live.

Try Copy to a USB flash drive

Note: The USB flash drive must use the FAT32 file system.

1. Download the update file: www.xbox.com/system-update-usb

2. Unzip the file.

3.Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your USB flash drive.

4.Plug the USB flash drive into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console.

5.Restart the console.

When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically.
  4. xxALICEinOZxx Win User

Xbox Update Via USB problems

5. ACrazyDomo Win User

cant download update

Hi Monomalart,

-

The article your referencing If Im correct is here.

support.xbox.com/.../software-update-errors

-

As you described it did not work,

-

Try to copy the update to a USB flash drive

You can copy the console update from your computer to a USB flash drive and then install it on the console.

Note The USB flash drive must use the FAT32 file system.

• Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
    • Download the update file.
    -

www.xbox.com/system-update-usb

-

• Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.
    • Unzip the file. If you are using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
    • Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your flash drive.
    • Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.
    • Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console.
    • Restart the console.
    When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. Select Yes when you are prompted to update the new console software.

-

Hopefully this update fixes any further issues, please post back with any results or additional questions.
  6. Ironwilled Win User

xbox 360 update

Hi There,

Are you updating via the internet? because if that doesn't help then you could try downloading the update to a usb drive and updating it manually.

Copy to a USB flash drive

If you can't connect your Xbox 360 console to the Internet, you can copy the console update from your computer to a USB flash drive and then install it on the console.

Note The USB flash drive must use the FAT32 file system. For information about how to format a USB flash drive, see the “Format a USB flash drive” section of Using
    USB flash drives with Xbox 360

1. Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.
    2. Download the update file.
    3. Click Save to save the console update .zip file on your computer.
    4. Unzip the file. If you're using Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
    5. Copy the contents of the .zip file to the root directory of your USB flash drive (for example, E:\). Do not copy the contents to another folder on the USB flash drive (for example, E:\Files).
    6. Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer.
    7. Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your Xbox 360 console.
    8. Restart the console.
    9. When the console restarts, the installation program starts automatically. When prompted, select Yesto update the new console software.
Thema:

USB flash drive 360 system update not working

1. USB flash drive 360 system update not working - Similar Threads - USB flash drive

2. Usb flash drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Usb flash drive: Hi i got a usb flash drive i formatted its ntfs but there no option to format it for gams and apps u help me please aa4e8530-beaa-4cbb-a7ef-bcddc4e85384
  3. Playback of 4k HDR Dolby atmos Media files from USB Flash Drive or Internal HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playback of 4k HDR Dolby atmos Media files from USB Flash Drive or Internal HDD: I just want to know that if Xbox one X can play 4k HDR dolby atoms and DTS HD media files from USB Flash drive and Internal HDD?? Can it play iso s of bluray videos disks kept on USB Flash and...
  4. Is there anyway microsoft can block the use of usb flash drives to cut down on the usb modding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there anyway microsoft can block the use of usb flash drives to cut down on the usb modding: Played a game of pubg today where one of the guys had infinite ammo, could not report him because other guy rolled up on us and killed us, gta 5 is almost unplayable now something needs to be done...
  5. XBOX One will not recognize USB Flash Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One will not recognize USB Flash Drive: So ... I received a 100 Error code when applying an update over the Internet. Followed the instructions that lead me to perform an offline update. Got the Flash Drive, formatted NFTS, downloaded...
  6. USB 3.0 Flash Drive "TOO SLOW?"

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB 3.0 Flash Drive "TOO SLOW?": ***USB 3.0 Flash Drive*** Gamertag: Says it is too slow, I changed its format already. I just bought...
  7. USB 3.0 Flash Drive "TOO SLOW?"

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB 3.0 Flash Drive "TOO SLOW?": ***USB 3.0 Flash Drive*** Gamertag: Says it is too slow, I changed its format already. I just bought...
  8. Xbox 360 info on USB flash drive can I transfer it over to Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 info on USB flash drive can I transfer it over to Xbox One?: Hey there. So i found an old USB flash drive that i used for extra memory on my Xbox 360 and I was wondering if there is anyway i can take all that info and use it on my Xbox one or if not all...
  9. USB flash drive wont work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB flash drive wont work.: I've been using the same USB 3.0 flash drive for over 6 months to record clips. It has a capacity of 32 GB and always worked in the past. But now when I plug it in and set it as my capture...
  10. Xbox 360 cannot read disc after saving my game to a usb flash drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 cannot read disc after saving my game to a usb flash drive: Hi all, I can play my game call of duty black ops 2 when nothing is downloaded, but when I sign in and download, my disc is unreadable. I have the halo 3 special edition xbox 360 that I got from...