USB is not recognized by my 360

Discus and support USB is not recognized by my 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to watch a movie on my xbox using my usb drive but my xbox does not recognize there is anything in it. The usb flashes when I insert it so... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HarmlessDeer890, May 25, 2014.

1. USB is not recognized by my 360

I am trying to watch a movie on my xbox using my usb drive but my xbox does not recognize there is anything in it. The usb flashes when I insert it so I know it is trying to make some connection. I plugged the USB into my computer and it recognized it I
    reformatted it to the fat32 that is required and the USB has 4 gb of free space so it meets the minimum requirements but I do not even get a message saying that it doesn't. I go to the system settings and storage and there is only the cloud and my harddrive
    also if I go to video player there is a flash drive option but it is grey indicating nothing is connected. I have downloaded the latest xbox update but my xbox is offline, should this matter? Also I have plugged a different USB into my xbox before and had
    the same results so I just thought it wasn't doable.

:)

HarmlessDeer890, May 25, 2014
  2. MLCodest
    MLCodest Guest
    Solid red light from wireless adapter.

From my experience when the the wireless adapter light has been red it is not being recognized by the 360. Try plugging it into a different USB drive to see if it works.

MLCodest, May 25, 2014
  3. Trades81
    Trades81 Guest
    External harddrive for media not recognised by Xbox one

My PNY 128gb usb flash drive that was connected to my XBOX One when updated is no longer recognized by my TV's USB Media port either. It is still recognized by all my computers. This is saddening, luckily I have a 16gb Media drive that is still recognized
    by both.

I've tried all types of formatting of the 128gb drive and nothing is working, kinda frustrating really!

Trades81, May 25, 2014
  4. FrunoDamage Win User

How do you transfer a gamertag to and from an xbox 360 Elite and a xbox 360 "E"?

So, are you talking about a common usb thumb drive? I had imagined that the xbox 360 "E" could recognize an everyday usb thumb drive, but does the xbox 360 "Elite" recognize usb thumb drives?
  5. ButtonyMercury8 Win User

XBOX NOT VIEWING MY VIDEOS/MUSIC FROM MY USB.

My XBOX 360 SLIM won't view my video (.wmv) or my music (.mp3), though it recognizes the USB when I connected it to it!!!!!

Help please
  6. Smwutches Win User

Multiple USB flash drives on Xbox 360

The 360 is set up to only recognize 2 USB storage devices at once.
  7. MLCodest Win User

Solid red light from wireless adapter.

From my experience when the the wireless adapter light has been red it is not being recognized by the 360. Try plugging it into a different USB drive to see if it works.
  8. DeathscytheHC Win User

storage solution?

When you format the USB stick for the 360, your PC shouldn't recognize the files to copy them over.
Thema:

USB is not recognized by my 360

1. USB is not recognized by my 360 - Similar Threads - USB recognized 360

2. Xbox One not recognizing USB Webcam when plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One not recognizing USB Webcam when plugged in.: So, for some reason, my Xbox One doesn't know I have a webcam plugged in. When I do plug it in, it just doesn't recognize it and the prompt still tells me to plug in a webcam. This webcam has...
  3. USB Gamepad not recognized on Forza Horizon 4

in XBoX on Windows
    USB Gamepad not recognized on Forza Horizon 4: Hello. Recently I downloaded Forza Horizon 4 to my PC through Microsoft Game Pass. Unfortunately I discovered that the game does not recognize my USB gamepad no matter what I try. The gamepad...
  4. XBOX One will not recognize USB Flash Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One will not recognize USB Flash Drive: So ... I received a 100 Error code when applying an update over the Internet. Followed the instructions that lead me to perform an offline update. Got the Flash Drive, formatted NFTS, downloaded...
  5. Xbox 360 recognize my USB but the update message still don't pop up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 recognize my USB but the update message still don't pop up: HELP! A desperate girl over here! So I really want to play Kinect but the Update Required message keep popping up. The thing is as long as I remember my xbox is not connected to the internet...
  6. XBOX-360, Rear USB ports do not recognize USB-Memory Sticks

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX-360, Rear USB ports do not recognize USB-Memory Sticks: RE: XBOX-360 S (?), Rear USB ports do not recognize USB-Memory Sticks + I've searched the internet using two different search engines and have scrolled thru about 30 pages in the forums here at...
  7. Xbox 360 stopped recognizing USB flash drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 stopped recognizing USB flash drives: I have a 4GB Xbox 360. I have been using a 32GB Lexar USB flash drive, which was properly configured. Recently the console stopped recognizing the flash drive. There aren't any error messages,...
  8. 360 won't recognize USB flash drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 won't recognize USB flash drive.: I am having the same problem. Watched a movie off of USB the other day and now the USB does not even show up in storage. 54fd9012-9ec8-4278-808a-7d886e23e3d5
  9. Xbox 360 Slim won't recognize USB for picture viewer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim won't recognize USB for picture viewer: Hello! This is my first time here. My Xbox 360 Slim will not recognize my USB when I go to Picture Viewer. It recognizes it just fine for the video player though. The USB I have has a memory card...
  10. 360 won't recognize USB flash drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 won't recognize USB flash drive.: I'm having a problem with my Xbox 360 not detecting my brand new flash drive. I can't find any info on how to get the Xbox to detect it other than making sure the drive is formatted using the...