USB Keyboard not working

Discus and support USB Keyboard not working in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello everyone. For the past few months, my keyboard hasn't been working at all for the Xbox. I tried plugging it into all 3 ports, but nothing... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by nullnull4, Jun 27, 2019.

1. nullnull4
    nullnull4 Guest

USB Keyboard not working

Hello everyone. For the past few months, my keyboard hasn't been working at all for the Xbox. I tried plugging it into all 3 ports, but nothing happened. If I messed with the USB a bit, the Scroll, Caps, and Null Lock lights will blink. I know my ports are
    ok since my mouse and charger work. My keyboard doesn't seem to have many issues since I plugged it into my laptop and worked fine.

Keyboard: iMicro KB-US919EB Keyboard

P.S: My keyboard worked in ALL ports of the Xbox before this issue appeared.

:)

nullnull4, Jun 27, 2019
  2. DaFish00 Win User

Youtube??

I dont have that chatpad keyboard. Can I just plug in my USB keyboard into the USB slot on the back? Will that work for typing?
  3. mutelight Win User

Apple Aluminum wireless Keyboard for Xbox

Wired USB keyboards work but the 360 does not have a Bluetooth radio, so the wireless keyboard will not work.
  4. IceStorm III Win User

Usb bluetooth keyboard support

USB keyboards have always worked, but prior to the February update they had to be plugged in while the Xbox One was powered off (not Instant On, but completely off).

Bluetooth keyboards will not work. The Xbox One doesn't contain a Bluetooth radio. A wireless keyboard with its own wireless USB dongle should work. I've used a couple different Logitech wireless keyboards that were already paired to their associated Logitech
    Unifying USB receiver.
  5. Arminator Win User

USB slots not working

If just the USB port stopped working, you can simply plug an USB hub into the working USB port and connect Mouse and Keyboard to the USB Hub. So you have both input devices running on the working USB port.

However, others also reported the mouse or keyboard stopped working in Fortnite for them, and it could be a game related issue.

Since Keyboard and Mouse support is developer specific, you might also want to contact Epic Support for that issue.
  6. Mimori 775 Win User

USB Keyboard not working

Hey nullnull4,

Since you say the keyboard has worked before (which tells me it's compatible) and it still functions on the computer can you try a soft factory reset and see if that fixes your problem?

To do a soft factory reset: Go to System > Settings > System > Console Info > Reset Console and choose "Reset and keep my games & apps.

If this doesn't work for you, you may also want to reach out to the Microsoft Support call center by requesting a call back through the Virtual Assistant.
Thema:

USB Keyboard not working

1. USB Keyboard not working - Similar Threads - USB Keyboard working

2. Onscreen keyboard wont type letter a and usb keyboard doesnt type

in XBoX on Consoles
    Onscreen keyboard wont type letter a and usb keyboard doesnt type: Hey all my xbox with the onscreen keyboard refuses to type the letter q a and z and if i typebefore it and select a it highlights the text like if you were to click and drag over text on a laptop,...
  3. Wireless USB Keyboard with xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless USB Keyboard with xbox one: I've tried two different keyboarddddss withh my xbbbboxxxxxx one and theeey both repeat key presses over and over. I haveee to keep hittinng tthe backspace key. Thhe firrstt keyboard I tried was a...
  4. External HDD is disabling my USB wireless keyboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External HDD is disabling my USB wireless keyboard.: I've been using a USB Wireless Microsoft keyboard that works great on the xbox one. Recently, I purchased an External HDD (WD Elements 2TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive (WDBU6Y0020BBK-NESN)) and...
  5. Usb bluetooth keyboard support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Usb bluetooth keyboard support: Hi guys does anyone know if this feature is supported now? 9f2a80b7-87ae-4994-9abb-6a7eb48d1a98
  6. USB wireless Keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB wireless Keyboard: I picked up a logitech K360 keyboard and its works fine on the Xbox one. Wondering if anyone has tried a USB wireless keyboard with a trackpad, and if it works? It would be nice to have the...
  7. USB wireless Keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB wireless Keyboard: I picked up a logitech K360 keyboard and its works fine on the Xbox one. Wondering if anyone has tried a USB wireless keyboard with a trackpad, and if it works? It would be nice to have the...
  8. XBOX ONE DOES NOT RECOGNIZE USB KEYBOARD

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE DOES NOT RECOGNIZE USB KEYBOARD: i HAVE TRIED A WIRED USB KEYBOARD AND MY XBOX ONE DOES NOT RECOGNIZE IT; I REBOOTED THE BOX BUT NO LUCK. CAN ANY ONE HELP ME? e3cd004b-29f8-47ba-bffa-572d0ae2ab57
  9. USB Keyboard Support Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB Keyboard Support Question: Hello, Just wanted to know if I can use a Wireless USB Keyboard for the Xbox One, was going to buy one today but wanted to make sure first? Thanks 230dfafd-a162-471d-bec6-c211423301bf
  10. Xbox One USB Keyboard Support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One USB Keyboard Support: I've tried getting this information out there as much as possible, but I'm not having a lot of luck actually getting an answer from anyone at Xbox whether or not its supposed to be officially...