USB Microphone Compatibility

Discus and support USB Microphone Compatibility in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am a streamer, ive recently started, and i can use webcams and stuff, but what ive never understood is why cant xbox use USB mics like playstation? i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by crwznjb, Jul 1, 2020 at 12:03 PM.

1. crwznjb
    crwznjb Guest

I am a streamer, ive recently started, and i can use webcams and stuff, but what ive never understood is why cant xbox use USB mics like playstation? i just find it irritating that xbox has the ability and capability to use plug-in mics, but why cant we
    use them? ive recently purchased a USB mic, which was around 70 dollars, that i cant even use because xbox wont allow me too. MICROSOFT, PLEASE FIX THIS, ITS SUCH AN INCONVIENENCE. WHY CANT WE USE USB MICS?

:)

2. Panther Azza Win User

USB microphone compatibility

If plug it in to the back and go through your audio setting u should be able to select the Mic u using and should work. If not do a creative wiring job maybe
  3. Sayann X Win User

Hello, I have a lot of friends who go through their phone and xbox app to get into the game groups. This may be a solution for you
  4. napalm 31337 Win User

Seems that there is no an official list of USB Microphone supported or not, some works, other no.

Have you already tried to connect your own usb mic? or are you are only asking if it can work?

Try it, and let us know.
  5. JosephRanger Win User

Thanks for that, i thought that was the case, just checking with the community. I have tried juat plugging it in, and it doesnt work. I dont have a windows pc so i can't go through that. Im just going to return the mic and get a new headset. Thanks for
    your help.
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

Digging a bit, seems that usb mic are not supported directly by the console, but you can use an usb mic connected to your PC and use Xbox App.
Thema:

1. USB Microphone Compatibility - Similar Threads - USB Microphone Compatibility

2. Fix microphone connection for USB

in XboX Insiders
    Fix microphone connection for USB: I am unable to use my headset through USB, and it’s the only one I own. Fix your platform, Microsoft. It only occurs in party chat with the new Xbox app, old Xbox app works fine. submitted by...
  3. USB microphone not working on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB microphone not working on Xbox one: Hi I am using an USB microphone in order to play rocksmith 2014 but when I try playing microphone mode it says my microphone does not work and when I try talking to someone in my party using the...
  4. USB Microphones

in XBoX Accessibility
    USB Microphones: I understand that the current xbox console is not compatible with usb mics, but it really would be nice if they could. A lot of people have some $100 mics that are crystal clear, but not...
  5. USB microphone compatibility

in XBoX Accessibility
    USB microphone compatibility: Hi, i recently bought a usb microphone to use for my xbox, because the mic on my headset broke but the audio still works fine, is there any way for me to use the mic i bought on my Xbox One S,...
  6. Usb Microphone.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Usb Microphone.: Hello, I am wondering if you would update the xbox one console to allow usb microphone usage. I am using one right now although I am having to use a way around it. Please enable it to make it...
  7. Usb Headsets and microphones...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Usb Headsets and microphones...: Hello, I have a Microsoft LifeChat-3000 headset. The problem is that it's usb and wont work when I input it into the xbox. What's ridiculous is when I inserted it into my ps4 the headset fully...
  8. usb microphones

in XBoX Accessibility
    usb microphones: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make usb microphones compatiable with the xbox one. i know microsoft is trying to get more people streaming but yet usb microphones are still not compatiable. please fix this....
  9. Is there any Usb microphone works on Xbox one s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any Usb microphone works on Xbox one s?: I want to get into streaming but not wake up my neighbours with my insisting shouting as I am partially deaf. and would like to know which USB streaming microphones that would work for my xbox....
  10. USB Microphone Supported On Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB Microphone Supported On Xbox One: Hi, I have a simple USB microphone that I would like to plug into my Xbox One and use, as my headsets is pretty much [Mod Removed - Profanity]. DOes the Xbox support this?...