usb port issue on the xbox series s

Discus and support usb port issue on the xbox series s in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So when I got my beautiful series s the first thing I did was reinstall a few games that were on my internal on my xbox one day one might I add (yes... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DakkaRaptor, Nov 22, 2020.

1. usb port issue on the xbox series s

So when I got my beautiful series s the first thing I did was reinstall a few games that were on my internal on my xbox one day one might I add (yes its still alive lol). The second thing I did was charge my new headset and my new controller. Everything was working great. The day after I signed up for the insiders alpha skip ahead console system path ( I apologise but I do not remember what patch exactly it was called) and I tried using the usb port in the front to charge my headset and controller again as I maybe did a bit of an all nighter playing battlefield and battlefront games lol, and unfortunately they would not charge. The port works but now it does not charge anything and also if you plug in the headset (which is a turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2) it shocks the headset and you have to wait for it to die before you can turn it back on again. I unenrolled to double check it wasn't a hardware thing but when I did it started charging everything again. So it seems to be a software thing as when I re-enrolled again it stopped charging and freaking the headset out. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but I thought I best bring it up just in case. Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe in these hard times, catch you all in game usb port issue on the xbox series s :)

submitted by /u/DakkaRaptor
    [link] [comments]

/u/DakkaRaptor, Nov 22, 2020
  2. Taczo Win User

what is xbox series S

i have a one more question i have a DVD/CD drive that can be connected via USB can't i just use that on series s that is a digital version and have no DVD /CD drive and i bet there is a USB port on Xbox series s can't i use that please tell :)
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

New xbox

The Xbox Series S/X has 3 USB ports, just like the Xbox One. From the sound of it, you have the Xbox 360 S. If that is the case, the 2tb drive you own will work, only if the drive is a USB 3.0/3.1 drive. Please note, the only games that will work on the
    drive will be 0g Xbox games. Xbox 360 games & Xbox One games. Any series S/X games will have to be stored on the consoles own storage, which includes the consoles external SSD.
  4. Bokor Zombie Win User

So will the series X have an optical out port?

Yes mate the Xbox Series X will have an optical out port, 2 HDMI ports, 2 USB-C port, Ethernet
  5. daneyul Win User

Xbox Skype Kinect camera being used by another application

Make very sure you're in the right USB port if you have an Xbox One without a dedicated Kinect port (like an Xbox One S or Xbox One X)!

The Kinect--even though it has a power adapter--needs consistent voltage in its USB connection too, and only the USB port on the Xbox labeled "Kinect" provides it (that's the port closest to the HDMI I believe.) A POWERED USB hub may work too.

But... plugging the Kinect into one of the other two USB ports--or a non-powered USB hub--will cause problems -- either a warning to plug it in the right port... or intermittent connection issues... or a failure to be detected at all.
  6. NightShift56 Win User

What version of XBOX 360 is the best...safest?

There is one other item to consider. The S series 360's have a digital optical audio port but the new E series does not.
Thema:

usb port issue on the xbox series s

1. usb port issue on the xbox series s - Similar Threads - usb port issue

2. Xbox Series X USB ports power stops working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X USB ports power stops working: Xbox Series X USB ports power stops working. At random moments when playing different games on the new Xbox Series X I will lose connection to my Xbox One Controller which is plugged in through...
  3. Xbox Series X USB ports don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X USB ports don't work: I have a launch day Xbox Series X, an official Microsoft USB C Play and Charge Kit and Series X controller. When I connect the controller using the supplied USB C cable to the controller and the...
  4. Xbox Adaptive Controller: Joysticks on X1/X2 ports disabled when USB ports active

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Adaptive Controller: Joysticks on X1/X2 ports disabled when USB ports active: I'm trying to use a joystick on the X1/X2 ports on my Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC), while simultaneously using an accessory plugged into the USB ports on the sides of the XAC (which are normally...
  5. My xbox elite controller for pc has a broken micro usb port and i don't know how to/where...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox elite controller for pc has a broken micro usb port and i don't know how to/where...: yeah so, my Xbox one elite controller has gotten a kind of backlash (recoil arising between parts of a mechanism.) in my usb port. so i'm unable to play games without having to push in the cable...
  6. USB adapter+ssd drive+xbox's usb 3.0 port = confirm speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB adapter+ssd drive+xbox's usb 3.0 port = confirm speeds: So I am thinking of doing for same for the xbox series x but let's start with the original xbox one from 2015. So the internal hard drive is connected via sata 2 to an sata 3 adapter, since sata...
  7. USB Port not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB Port not working: Hey all, Since batteries can get pretty pricey, I usually just plug my controller into my console in order to play but a coiple days ago, my USB ports have stopped working. I restarted ans...
  8. Is there any USB ports on the Xbox series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there any USB ports on the Xbox series x?: I have a hard drive that needs a usb and it’s 4TB and I don’t wanna have to buy a new hard drive for it ok thanks submitted by /u/ThatOneWeirdo66 [link] [comments]
  9. USB Port Issue and More

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB Port Issue and More: A few days ago my xbox one S stopped recognizing the external hard drive i had connected through the USB port. We did a soft restart, a hard restart, unplugged the power from the xbox to clear the...
  10. Controller Micro-USB port wabbles (growing issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Micro-USB port wabbles (growing issue): I prefer a wired controller. After a couple days of using a micro-usb to plug in my controller the port loosened causing the controller to shut off. So I decided to wait but recently found ou...